Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    -_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by Torunkusu View Post
    I'm still a bit bummed that Moria was so easily beaten(take that as you will). He's a Schichibukai with some awesome powers, he's a giant, he's got over 300 000 000 bellies on his head and yet he didn't put up half the fight Croc did. I realize this had to wrap up in this manner considering the plot and all the shadows and such. Still a bit of a letdown, unless he's given the opportunity for retaliation.
    Yes, i agree too, that was way too easy. :/
    but finally this arc is coming to end.

like luimac, i was a bit upset that luffy didn't take any damage from moria's attacks. Even if he's a rubberman, story proved that he still takes physical damage.

No one believed me when I said there would be a Gear 2nd and 3rd combination . Well I proved you all wrong. My predictions owned.

Luffy is already pretty badly beat and to the point of exhaustion -- he's also used Gear Second, which adds to the exhaustion. Seriously, it sounds like people were expecting him to die. And yes, he is rubber, and he didn't take much damage from Moria's hits but look at the type of attack he did: Sealed him in a black box and apparently crushed it. Luffy hasn't taken much damage in the past from attacks similar, punches, and kicks that didn't have anything special behind it. (Moria's attacks appear to have just been suped up strength. Not chakra enhanced blows, no blades, or anything.)

Also, I don't think that Luffy is saying "lolz I'm invincible because I'm rubber!11111" I think it's more along the lines of, "I'm not going to give up." The rubber statement was added after Moria saying he had no reason to believe so.

/Shrug. Personally, I enjoyed this chapter and don't think Moria went down too easily. Between him and Oz every Straw Hat Crew member has been damaged and forced to the point of physical and mental exhaustion.
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

Good chapter. I just want this damn arc to end already.

The only thing I've really liked out of it all is Ryuuma's fight, and Zoro getting a new sword.

well.. Oda said he originaly plan OP for a 5 year run and he already knows how it will end, but is been 10 years and now he doesnt know exactly when he will finish it, although the planned ending will be the same. I think I read once that he was half finish so.. maybe it implies 10 more years or at least 5 more... truly only Oda knows but I'm 100% he wont try to ended at the same time as Naruto... I mean, why would he?

Concerning blunt hits, is true Luffy is practicly immune to those but we saw Garp hit him with a punch and Luffy scream in pain. So, with enough force or strengh blunt hits do affect Luffy.. which with Moria current power, Luffy should had been damaged. No one was expecting Luffy to die but I just didnt expect Luffy to win easily.... I really wanted SH to lose cause with Luffy's ambition, one cant never always win. but thats just me ;p

I think Garp's punches harm Luffy for the same reason that Nami's do. But since Moria is a Shinchibukai, I expected more of him. Since Crocodile had full control of his devil fruit powers, I would've thought that Moria had a more variety of attacks.

I agree, I think Luffy is somewhat immune to blunt hits, Nami's and Garp's hurt him for comical purpose or something. Thinking back I don't believe he has ever really thought with someone that uses purely blunt fist fighting. Maybe impact blows and chakra, energy wave attacks, blades, hooks etc. But even with a power boost Moria was already a weakling with only his ability going for him anyway, and the box probably protected Luffy a ton as well. I dunno, he probably did win a little easily but I'm just going to accept it this time around, Luffy has been beaten around plenty in the past and isn't invincible.

True, maybe Oda thought that Luffy needed a break after his intense fight with Lucci, so he threw a freebie at him lol.

It was on an interview. Don't have the link but it should be archived somewhere on mangahelper. Point is Oda has officially thought of how to end one piece, must be a beautiful ending =D.

Hmm, the fact that Moria didn't nearly last as long as Crocodile just goes to show Luffy's growth.

And Garp's punch was a fist of love, silly.

But to be honest, this arc has been amazing to look at, the whole fishman place they seem to be heading towards sounds a little boring compared to it.

Also, how can they go back to Laboon? Do they really have time to re-trace their steps and will the log pose even let them?