Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about that, but in the end it didn't matter since that also signified the beginningvof the end of the zodiac curse.
    Yeah most likely - they didn't really pin down when they were lost on a time wise scale. Too bad, I wanted to see him a a walking Sunday dinner entree. Would have been interesting

Didn't like the Akito twist though, I though that went a bit on the weird side after coming to hate 'him' so damn much.
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Annachu View Post
    Didn't like the Akito twist though, I though that went a bit on the weird side after coming to hate 'him' so damn much.

Lol, me too. Especially when you add in the whole Shigure thing there. I think that might be one of the reasons stopping them from continuing the anime adaptation.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I just started reading it

On chapter 97

xD

And no I'm not a chick

Ah how I love this series. I still never got to finish it yet though since i was following both the manga and the anime with the English releases.(I never got a chance to buy the 4th DVD.)

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Finished it.

Its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastik View Post
    my friend was wondering what would happen if someone got pregnant in fruits basket O_o
    By someone, I assume that you mean a Zodiac member. It would be impossible for them to breed in natural fashion. I suppose interbreeding between zodiac member is definitely possible, as their blood relation is like 1/1000000. Otherwise, they can use artificial pregnancy method.

As for the result, the baby should be normal. Zodiac's transformation is not due to genetic reasoning. Thereby the animal DNA shouldn't be transmitted to the offspring. In Fruit Basket, all 13 zodiacs were accounted for, with the exception of rooster which signifies the beginning of the end. So the baby shouldn't be zodiac. Even if we don't take the above condition into consideration, the chance of a zodiac animal possessing this particular baby is rather unlikely.

Here is the troublesome part: as the baby is NOT a zodiac member. Shall the baby be a male, then the birth process would become almost impossible. As soon as the baby's DNA composition is complete and reaches a level of maturity, the female zodiac would transform. A transformed animal can not give birth to a human child due to the transformation of size. In theory, if the zodiac member is the member of bull or horse or monkey or tiger or any mammal of humanoid size, the process is not impossible to complete. If the member is of non-mammal or small mammal like dog or rat, the process is impossible. Pregnancy can potentially kill both the baby and the mother if the baby can not come out of the mother's stomach.

In conclusion, zodiac members can not breed, because it will kill them. But pregnancy is plausible, but it will only end in tragedy. Does that answer your question?
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 08-04-2007 at 10:09 PM.

I think that the Zodiac can pass on, but only if they die. Like lets says Ayame dies, maybe the snake zodiac goes to a different Shoma? Meh. I'm on vol. 13 and I really need to catch up. XD

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    By someone, I assume that you mean a Zodiac member. It would be impossible for them to breed in natural fashion. I suppose interbreeding between zodiac member is definitely possible, as their blood relation is like 1/1000000. Otherwise, they can use artificial pregnancy method.

As for the result, the baby should be normal. Zodiac's transformation is not due to genetic reasoning. Thereby the animal DNA shouldn't be transmitted to the offspring. In Fruit Basket, all 13 zodiacs were accounted for, with the exception of rooster which signifies the beginning of the end. So the baby shouldn't be zodiac. Even if we don't take the above condition into consideration, the chance of a zodiac animal possessing this particular baby is rather unlikely.

Here is the troublesome part: as the baby is NOT a zodiac member. Shall the baby be a male, then the birth process would become almost impossible. As soon as the baby's DNA composition is complete and reaches a level of maturity, the female zodiac would transform. A transformed animal can not give birth to a human child due to the transformation of size. In theory, if the zodiac member is the member of bull or horse or monkey or tiger or any mammal of humanoid size, the process is not impossible to complete. If the member is of non-mammal or small mammal like dog or rat, the process is impossible. Pregnancy can potentially kill both the baby and the mother if the baby can not come out of the mother's stomach.

In conclusion, zodiac members can not breed, because it will kill them. But pregnancy is plausible, but it will only end in tragedy. Does that answer your question?
    What the hell are you talking about? Do you realize you just wrote an essay with NO factual ground. All you wrote their was complete BS that came to your mind.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Do you realize you just wrote an essay with NO factual ground. All you wrote their was complete BS that came to your mind.
    All speculation. I felt like wasting time since it was a rainy day. All the points I have described above are based upon factual data. But of course, in the end it's just BS.

How can factual data in the end become BS? Another thing that makes no sense.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks