Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Manga)

Well, since this series was recently added to the manga reader, I thought it deserved a topic.
    I have never seen the anime before, but have heard a lot about it, so I decided to check out the manga. After reading the three chapters, I have to say, its pretty damn good so far.
    So, what does everybody else think of this Manga adaption?

Personally I'm quite impressed with the manga. It follows the anime quite closely, though it's said that it'll add more backstory later on. However, I still think the anime was more enjoyable. Maybe it's because of the awesome animation

You really ought to give the anime a go! It's worth it

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saladballad View Post
    Personally I'm quite impressed with the manga. It follows the anime quite closely, though it's said that it'll add more backstory later on. However, I still think the anime was more enjoyable. Maybe it's because of the awesome animation
    I agree, if the story is fleshed out more, by adding even more depth to the character then what was shown in the anime. This manga could be very enjoyable, especially with how the artwork is presented and the retelling of the anime's story. However I must say that I hate how anymore it seems like any anime that becomes popular, a manga version of the series will follow suit after the original production.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

You know what? i've downloaded all the anime for this but haven't got round to watching it yet. Do i hold onto it until i get the chance or delete it from the external to make space for something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

the anime is defenitely worth watching....great animation,great plot,characters....everything you can possibly name...i ll check the manga too
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by the hidden smog villager View Post
    You know what? i've downloaded all the anime for this but haven't got round to watching it yet. Do i hold onto it until i get the chance or delete it from the external to make space for something else?
    Definitely hold onto it!

For me, it was worth giving up end-of-year exams studying time and staying up the night before for the raw of the 2nd last episode came out the night before my first exam and I stayed up until around 11pm waiting for it download before I watched it. Same thing for the last episode, the next week. Almost got slaughtered by my mother for that! But hey, it was worth watching and I still got distinctions for the exams on both the mondays after! TTGL gives me Good Luck! XD
    夢にたどり着く--