Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Jamal View Post

On the current topic of mutual genjutsu usage to counter genjutsu i want to ask.... Is there any tiny bit of chance that Itachi could cast his Tsukiyomi on both Sasuke and Oro's snake eyes and indirectly on Kabuto through the reflection in Sasuke's eyes ? it might seem outrageous but i don't know why i can't seem to shake it off that Itachi used Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and not just a simple genjutsu at that time.... i mean Itachi is supposed to be calm and calculating in the face of mortal peril..!!
    As I understood it, they each used their strongest Genjutsu because, as you say, it was mortal peril. Perhaps that scale of genjutsu was needed to defeat Kabuto's Genjutsu. Kabuto's technique may have been enhanced by Sage Mode.

Anyway, Edo Itachi has far, far more chakra than Itachi's ever shown in life. He was weakened when he fought Sasuke, and may have been overstating his fatigue against Kakashi/Guy for the sake of avoiding conflict, but he's still using way more techniques. Consider this to be in line with every character these days... Kakashi has been shown fighting multiple Jinchuuriki, even after his all-day Rampage. Sasuke seems to double his chakra capacity every time he fights; look at him against Itachi, and then against Danzou. Kishi sortof bends the rules, especially when stamina is involved, for the sake of making his fights get progressively more exciting.

To be fair, I think it does Kabuto an injustice. Kabuto's biggest advantage over the Uchiha bros is his Sage Mode chakra capacity. If they were as easily-drained as usual, he'd have already won. But apparently sitting in Susano'o for 5 chapters while spamming Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi is easy for Sasuke/Itachi. I'd expect it to be a natural part of Sasuke's EMS power-up, but in Itachi's case this is simply unfair.

That said, we rarely see any Edos run out of chakra.

Don't think we've seen any edo run out of chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    Don't think we've seen any edo run out of chakra.
    Pretty much. Seeing as Kabuto and Oro were researching Sage Mode and natural energy, it's possible that it lead them to ET, which perhaps replenishes Zombi's chakra (by converting natural energy in to spiritual and physical parts ?). The only time an Edo couldn't cast his jutsu, was not because he couldn't refill his chakra, but because his capacity (in other words, the amount he can keep stored at one time) was halved.

Yeah, you're talking about Muu right? Indeed. One can only assume that chakra storage is and has been a huge deal to any shinobi. So it's only logical that Orochimaru researched it. And also, since we now see that edo Madara and edo Itachi seems to have unlimited chakra, something's definitely up with that.

@artifice

Also keep in mind this is Senjutsu enhanced Genjutsu specifically designed to counter Uchiha. Kabuto has been planning to take Sasuke for some time and has been making preparations for the confrontation.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    @artifice

Also keep in mind this is Senjutsu enhanced Genjutsu specifically designed to counter Uchiha. Kabuto has been planning to take Sasuke for some time and has been making preparations for the confrontation.
    Was it actually specifically designed to counter Uchiha? It was used against Shikamaru pre time-skip (as was shown in this thread) and I can't remember if it was then also specifically designed to counter Uchiha. Also, I gotta say that I don't see any indication that every technique used while in sage mode is necessarily enhanced by sage mode.

If a shinobi makes a sandwich while in sage mode, is it extra tasty?

Edo's seemingly burn through a limitless supplies of chakra; making us think they can't run out. They do not have an unlimited supply but rather the caster of edo most likely determines the amount when performing the technique or is allowing natural energy to be converted to the edo subjects' chakra. Just making educated guess, mind you. I wager also why the First Hokage was so unimpressive and short of his reputation when fighting the Third was partly because Orochimaru could not match the First's Chakra amount and capacity when casting that particular edo tensei. The potential of a shinobi is most definitely changed when being revived through edo tensei as shown by a lackluster First Hokage (Orochimaru's standard edo tensei) and the tweaked and improved Madara (Kabuto's leveled up/probably sage mode enhanced edo tensei). I don't believe in truly unlimited chakra, even if edo tensei puts forth remarkable examples of the seemingly impossible.
    Last edited by knife eater; 05-16-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    If a shinobi makes a sandwich while in sage mode, is it extra tasty?
    If he/she/it (theoretically, beside being a plant, Zetsu is a shinobi as well ;P) is utilizing chakra and chakra based techniques to make that sandwich, then yes, it should be more perfect, closer to what the creator was aiming for.

The main point of sage mode is that it adds a new part to the mix (the natural energy), which in turn rises quality and quantity of chakra and thus all chakra based abilities (kekkei genkai as well, since only shinobi have it and they are based on chakra one way or the other).

Sage mode has other benefits as well.