Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    You have to wonder why Kabuto didn't help himself to Hashirama's DNA, and why he's going after Sasuke when he has Madara's DNA to add to himself. Frankly, Why didn't Kabuto just make himself into a Sage of Six paths/Dragon Sage?

In any case, I predict it's all over for Kabuto. Izanami was cast at the start of the fight, and it activated with Itachi's right eye. Sasuke will prevent any unfortunate rewrite of Itachi's Edo Commands, and Itachi will regenerate.
    Apparently, for the same reasons Orochimaru never implanted Hashirama's or Uchiha DNA into himself. Well, I suppose unlike the Hashirama's DNA, just having Uchiha DNA in you doesn't equate to you gaining the Sharingan. Also, I suppose he'd rather not run the same risk as Danzo when he used up too much chakra and Hashirama's DNA tried to overtake him.

Boring. I want to see the other fights.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Itachi said that he's going to "enter" Izanami ?!...

Quote Originally Posted by In your head!!! View Post
    Itachi said that he's going to "enter" Izanami ?!...
    Well, Izanami sounds like a girl's name, and Itachi had once a girlfriend, so it's not surprising that he knows how to enter it.

Still it is strange, If it was Izanagi, which manipulates your own reality, then it would make sense, but he is using Izanami, one that manipulates someone's else reality/destiny.

Kabuto's expression on the last page is pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - lol what a freakshow...
    - Kabuto was crying...lol what a neurotic mess
    I'm not sure if he was crying, I think it was his body fluids coming out, which he utilizes to use a different version of Suigetsu's jutsu, or he cried to utilize his tears as body fluids ?

It's pretty awesome how Kabuto finished Itachi with his own jutsu.

LoL at Itachi, I think he died like 3 times in this fight already, although it's reasonable since he can't and don't want to kill his target (on the other hand, Itachi didn't want to kill Kakashi and Sasuke as well, so it's not like he never fought without intention to kill his targets).

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Marie View Post
    I asked myself as similar thing before: "why Kabuto didn't integrate Itashi to himself? And each of the edos?"
    The edos are dead. Probably you can't take parts of them, without the part desintegrating. Edos desintegrate when they're killed. Would make sense the parts desintegrate. And if they re-appear they would reappear together as the whole edo. Not as loose parts or cells. This rules out integrating Madara's abilities.
    Not integrating Hashirama's cells seems a bad move indeed.
    Also not quite clever from Kabuto to have forgotten to ask the edos to list their abilities. He would have known about the Sishui eye and the Izanami.
    Well as you saw in this week's chapter, Kabuto incorporated Kimimaro, The Sound Four, and Orochimaru himself into his body. Seeing as We saw these ninjas all die, meant that he didn't simply take over their bodies like Oro did.

Kabuto used Oro's DNA, Kimimaro's DNA, and the Sound Four's, maybe differently from how he incorporated Suigetsu , Karin, and Jūgo's DNAs, maybe. I can see how Hashirama's DNA is problematic, but Kabuto understood it well enough to build up Edo Madara.

I still think it would have been far less problematic if he had first incorporated them into himself before trying to capture them physically.

One last point. Itachi is already an Edo, why is Kabuto talking about adding Itachi to himself, or did I miss something?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I don't think Kabuto is specifically talking about adding Itachi to himself. He says he's envious of Itachi's identity as an "Uchiha", his sense of self as a member of a prestigious clan. He's also envious of Itachi's Doujutsu, but he wants to gain that power through Sasuke. When he says that Itachi's power is his own power, he means that, as the controller of Edo Tensei, Kabuto also already has obtained Itachi's power, in a sense.

Itachi is probably the most self-aware character in the series (besides maybe Naruto)... Kabuto has a major identity crisis and a bad case of Sharingan envy, so that's why he's desperate to lay claim to Itachi's qualities through Edo Tensei.

Well as you saw in this week's chapter, Kabuto incorporated Kimimaro, The Sound Four, and Orochimaru himself into his body. Seeing as We saw these ninjas all die, meant that he didn't simply take over their bodies like Oro did
    I said something different: I didn't say incorporating someone dead might be a problem. I said incorporating an edo might be a problem. Indeed Kabuto blended Oro and injected the juice into himself and it worked. But how can you blend an edo? He would disappear any time you try to. And possibly any cell/part of the edo as well.

One last point. Itachi is already an Edo, why is Kabuto talking about adding Itachi to himself, or did I miss something?
    1- Kabuto is obsess by the idea of incorporating the whole word into himself.
    2- Obviously it would make him stronger. He could be himself a sharingan/izanami user if he could inject into himself cells of Itashi. Duplicating powers looks useful. Especially when considering that Kabuto has lost almost all of his edos.

^ He might have lost most of his Edos, but it doesn't change the fact that he is still controlling the battlefield through ET, just as Itachi said.

Edo Madara is more than enough, really, he can decimate armies while stripping and showing them his chest (as ridiculous as this might sound, it's not a joke :p, since he really allowed his armor to be hit to show his Hashirama stylized nipples).

Beside Edo Madara, I think that Suigetsu's bro is on the battlefield as well, but I'm not sure who else might have left... well I wouldn't be surprised if it is Kimimaro, seeing as Jugo is with Suigetsu and it seems that the blue-haired-swordsman is going to have a showdown with his Edo Bro.

Remember how ET was explained to work. You need the DNA of the person in question to summon them with ET. So that means he might have Itachi's body stashed somewhere... Actually, scratch that. He couldn't possibly have Itachi's body because it was in Tobi's possession.

Something no one has remarked about yet, with Itachi sliced in half Kabuto now has the best chance to insert the kunai with the new control tag on it into Itachi's body, since Itachi can't defend himself right now, and Kabuto is too close to Itachi for Sasuke to interfere.