Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think we might see something new in his Gear Second instead of the usual attacks. Maybe a combination between Gear 2 and Gear 3rd. Anything is possible I suppose. He must have a plan to weaken Moria so the others could finish up the rest.

nah, i think he's just doing gear 2, if you think about it, he only used gear 3 against oz because oz is huge and he needs more power in his punches and wasn't worried about speed(gear 3 slows him down), whereas gear 2 seems to mainly boost his speed and reflexes. Which he will need to fight moria, considering moria has doppelman, which seems to be quite fast and he doesn't need power as much, since moria does feel pain, unlike oz.

i think absorbing the shadows is going backfire on Moria... and because of it the shadows will return somehow. Also... Luffy's limit was 100 shadows... Moria has 1000.. talk about power difference.
    I keep my opinion in hoping Luffy doesnt beat Moria and runs cause I kinda hate that everytime he meets a shibibukai he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    i think absorbing the shadows is going backfire on Moria... and because of it the shadows will return somehow. Also... Luffy's limit was 100 shadows... Moria has 1000.. talk about power difference.
    I keep my opinion in hoping Luffy doesnt beat Moria and runs cause I kinda hate that everytime he meets a shibibukai he wins.
    I agree. Luffy was in trouble when he had only 100 shadows. And moria didn't even look that strong to begin with since a couple of chapters ago, he got hit by luffy and almost fell unconscious. There is no way he can handle 1000. And even if i does, i think all of them together will have some sort of fatal flaw. Just that its going to be hidden well. I don't want him to beat moria though, maybe they both injure themselves, get the shadows back, and run away with brooks in their crew

Tisk. Nightmare Moria's physical power is above even DBZ level. He has absorbed the shadows of 1000 zombies. At least 100 of the 1000 are general zombies! Not to mention The shadows of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji were included in the package.

The Straw Hats can not possibly win against that level of power. Moria will have to defeat himself, literally. It is doubtful that Moria is capable of containing that amount of power for a long period of time. All the Straw Hats have to do is staying alive while Moria explodes. And of course, the shadows will return their rightful owners just in time to save the de-shadowed Straw Hats' life as the sun burn away their flesh. Perfect.

Of course, Oda is never known for being so predictable. Anything can happen you know. Kuma, for example, is the ultimate wild card here. I have no idea as to what role this Shichibukai will play.

On the side note, it seems that the "New World" is indeed a frightening place. Both Crocodile and Moria have stated the level of the sea is above Luffy's imagination. For the New World to be powerful enough to scare off 2 Shichibukais, it is interesting...

Yeah but Luffy defeated Crocodile which proves that he is above crocodiles level. And crocodile+moria are the 2 weakest shichibukais in my opinion. Then again, he wouldn't make it that predictable. Only a couple of things i've ever predicted while reading one piece have ever came true. Some other manga/animes were a bit more obvious.

I agree with everyone who're saying that Moria's one thousand shadow absorption is probably going to back fire. At least, I really hope so. I don't see him as having the willpower capable of keeping them for an extended amount of time but I definitely can't wait for the next chapter.
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

Well, Moria does have the power of the Kage Kage fruit. His whole theme is about shadows. I don't think it'll kill him or immediately run out.

You all seem to be forgetting that Moria's DF power is the control of shadows. It's extremely unlikely no matter what the amount of shadows that there would be any limit for him. I mean, he can make his shadow move away from his body without passing out, can't he?

Yeah I totally agree, I don't think this shadow rules apply to Moria, it's kinda like saying "omg that fireball that Ace did is too big, he's gonna burn himself". Moria is the master of all shadows after all, he can handle them as he pleases.