Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Shichibukai, the tales of seven sad men

This thought came to me as I was reading the latest One Piece. We all know that the Shichibukai were former pirates but what made them become a shicibukai. Was it for fame, power, protection, or was something more personal. As we just saw from moria he had lost his nakama and I think crocidile lost something as well even though it was not phyical. In someways the Shichibukai may represent pitfalls in the journey of a pirate in the world of One Piece. So what of the other Shichibukai and has Blackbeard already fallen prey the shadow of despiar that is the Shichibukai. below is a list of what I think some of the pitfalls the Shichibukai have fallen prey to.

Crocidile: lost why to presue his dream
    Moria: Lost his nakama to WG
    Mihawk: I think he didnt have anything to begin with
    Dofumingo: Lost his dream so now wants to destory the dreams of other pirates
    Kuma: I think his crew left him cause he wasnt strit enough(just theory based on why he is called the "tyrant")
    Jimba: havent seen him in action so cant say
    Blackbeard: hard to say you can probaly make a guss based on his devil fruit power and the determination of why he wanted it
    ???:for unknown Shichibukai
    ???: same as obove
    If one ask what is a Hyperspace Ninja I say it is a ninja thats moves at Hyperspace speed and is the Avatar of Jiberish and very long drawn out senteces that have no meaning to them and seem to have no ending

King & Queen of Chocolate Torunkusu's Avatar
    It's a good theory. The only two characters it really holds true for as far as we know from the series are Crocodile(although this is mostly me guessing since his ultimate dream was revealed to be Pirate King-status) and Moria though. But they are the only two characters, besides from Blackbeard who may be the exception or not, whom Oda has gone in-depth with. It would be a really cool scenario though, and a good explanation for why they've become privateers/government dogs.

I like it, and Jimba lost some of his crew with Arlong right?, like close to the time when Jimba became a Shichibukai.
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.

nah... when u become shibibukai the pirate MUST abandone his crew.. Arlong was part of Jimbei crew till he became shibibukai, same with donflamengo.. he left his crew to bellamy. Although I do think that some of the shibibukai's dreams or ambitions were lost when they entered the new world, I dont think all joined because of it. Some joined for the advantages it provides to BE a shibibukai... like blackbeard.. his dream is being pirate king (or so it seems) but entering the shibibukai was part of his plan for this.

King & Queen of Chocolate Torunkusu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    nah... when u become shibibukai the pirate MUST abandone his crew..
    I'm not sure I've ever seen this stated as a prerequisite. There are precedents of course, but there's nothing (as far as I recall) that states these schichibukai haven't got crews of their own. A lot of people have speculated at this being a rule though. But I don't ever think it's been definetly stated by Oda at any point.

It’s a decent theory I suppose, but it’s a bit too morbid for me. I’d prefer it if their life story weren’t so tragic.

Moria definitely seem to have some base on tragedy from losing his nakama’s, therefore turning to his warped ways. But as for Crocodile I can’t think he had anymore reason than mere power trip. Same goes for Blackbeard.
    Kuma..? I dunno.. he found god(?) or the devil.. well, one or the other.
    I really feel Doflamingo just does it for the hell of it.
    Not enough info on Jimba, MiHawk or the unknown one either.

In the end it’s all just dry speculation. I hope Oda gets around to telling their stories.
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

these are some interesting points, especially the one with donflamingo (love the name)
    i agree with ur points about moria and mihawk

Perhaps, perhaps not. Tragedies are products of warfare. Doubtlessly Moria and Crocodile suffered enormous losses during their careers as full fledged pirates. Perhaps the seven of Shichibukai are indeed tragic men. However if so, does that make the Shichibukai the Seven Losers? In accord to your theory, the Shichibukai's reputed position as one of the Three World Powers can not be justified.

One thing is of certainty, the New World is hell. Not that hell is anything new to the Straw Hats.

Hasn't just about everyone in One Piece had a tragic history?

it is most definately a plausable idea, but then I dont think that Blackbeard would become a Shichibukai. There has to be some other connection there. I think that it has to do with the powers that they have achieved. I mean take a video game for example.... let say Grand Theft Auto. Put on all the cheats, your indestructable. You play for maybe an hour and then realize its no competition. in the world of one piece, all the shichibukai might be lonely because they share this trait, but i think it is more their lust for power, or their overall boredom with being too powerful and being wanted. in luffys case however, he seems to be fighting for a goal, obviously to become pirate king, which is why he hasnt gotten sick of his powers, and he is all about friends. Remember, d is for divinity, and as far as ive read, that only includes blackbeard.