Thread: Persona 3

Persona 3

I was wondering does anyone play this game and if you do what do you think of it?

Persona 3 came out about two months ago. The game is a grinding base game and a interaction game. The game takes place in 2009 in Japan. You take the role of a high school who recently transfered in and I'm not sure how to tell the rest without spoiling anyone's story who hasn't played this game yet. The game is sort of anime-ish of if you like highschool animes and like rpg then you might wanna try this game. Note it's rated M (17+)

Personally, I'm not a big fan of grinding base games. However I picked up this game due it's cool art work. At first I thought I'll probably won't be enjoying it as much. However the game is able to grab my attention from the every first few minute that I have it on. I think this game has a great storyline, it may not be so for a few people, but it's unique and the game designers knows how to tell the story making the story much more interesting. The only downside I see to this game is that the descriptions for each skills you obtain aren't detailed enough.

Is that the shin megami tensei one?

Ive played Persona 2 and I really liked it, very dark and I liked the whole "rumor" system of events but it got difficult for me and I couldn't beat these 3 guys at one point so I quit lol. Ive wanted to buy this one but I kinda don't want to buy anymore PS2 games if I can get them on the wii or something newer (not PS3) but I doubt that happening. So how was the monster/card system? is it similar to the first 2 and was the game really long? Were the graphics good or just basic PS2 graphics?
    A pie in the sky?

Yes, this is the Shin Megami Tensei one. I haven't played the second one, but this one doesn't have a rumor system. Shin Megami Tensei series, are known somewhat for their hard games, however this Persona 3 is made more mainstream. With an choices rather you wanna play it easy or normal. Easy gives you more continues (after over over) and more experiences points after battle which helps you a lot.

The game is really long it goes to around 70 hours and it hits around 140 hours if you decide to replay the game, so yeah it's really long, but I find those hour worthwhile.

I'm not sure what you mean by the monster/card system since, again, I haven't played the second one, but you could fuse Personas for an even strongers ones.

Anyways here is a really good review by Gametrailersreviews, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0yMJCz4KQk]YouTube - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 review[/ame]

Looks like a cool upgrade to the series, Ive really only heard good things about this one, seems darker than all the rest, maybe not as dark as nocturne but close.

The card system is the persona's but they were saved on cards instead and you could fuse them to make stronger monsters and stuff too. I wish more people play the game though, it seems like such a cult following and it would be cool to have more people to talk to about the game.
    A pie in the sky?

Megaten games have always had a cult following (me being one of them), i only just got ahold of nocturne(lucifers call in uk) its the only one i had'nt played yet.

Persona 2 is still my fav despite the out dated graphics it was a very dark game for its time, Megaten games always feel very japanese to me unlike the final fantasy series so i guess thats what draws me to them

Battle system reminds me of Legend of Legaia.
    Oh how i want a part 3
    Part 2 was kinda a let down compare to the first but still kicked ass.
    Conspiracy theory

Finally Ekess has Come back to Mangashare
    Finally Ekess has Come back to Boredom Zone
    Finally Ekess has Come back to The Corupted wish game
    Finally Ekess has Come back Home.!

Spoiler!