Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    For everyone saying the espada are basically a joke right now, you need to realize that when they were first talking about Aizen's betrayal and him creating the espada, they were saying that if he could find 10 vastolorde soul society would be done. Right now, if I were to guess I would say the top 2 or 3 espada are vastolorde, or maybe just number 1 alone. The espada that soul society are fighting are all probably gillian class. Grimmjow is 6 and is adjuchas, and since Zommari got his ass handed to him by Byakuya I would think he's only gillian, which would make everyone under him gillian as well, so its only natural that the captains make easy work of them...On topic though, great chapter...I loved the part where Mayuri was like PSYCHE lolz

Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    .... Kubo disappoints again... "oh, I used bacterias on this boy so I can use them as camaras".... common.. wtf... he should had just used one of those injections and regrew all his body parts and Szayel would had been WTF...

100% sure Szayel is dead but Kubo is messing up big time... 1st he kills espada 7 in the worst way while he was just introduced to us and now he messed up how Szayel gets killed....
    Screw vizards.. being a capitan is all u need to kill espada....
    Not sure why you had such a negative experience with this chapter, its almost as if your going for the villians. But you have to remember. Zomari and Szayel were lower ranked Espada. 7 and 8, did you think that all the Espada were going to be able run over all the captains? Look at Yammi. Urahara and Yourichi are miles away from him. Though he's at the bottom, you could have still used him to gauge where everyone else might fall. Espada's 10-7 werent much to reckon with and all were within most Captain's range. I think the real power didnt start until they hit 6 (Grimmjow/Luppi).

I believe you may dislike Mayuri (most of us do) so much that seeing him actually have the upper hand in this fight makes you upset. I think it was quite obvious how the fight was going to turn out, and most of us predicted it correctly. But if you look at it, Mayuri isnt going to win this fight because he's "stronger", no. He's going to win because he was better prepared. Similar to the reason Szayel was winning against Ishida and Renji. He wasnt stronger, just prepared. The bacteria thing and dummy-organs were wierd, but has anything we've seen of Mayuri or even SS-based technology made any sense to us? Two very different worlds of science, us and them.

The chapter itself was entertaining for me. I thought Mayuri was absolutely funny, esp at the "GOTCHA" moment. I stil hate his bankai but whatevet it takes to win. Now on to the Kenpachi fight!
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Faizaud View Post
    For everyone saying the espada are basically a joke right now, you need to realize that when they were first talking about Aizen's betrayal and him creating the espada, they were saying that if he could find 10 vastolorde soul society would be done. Right now, if I were to guess I would say the top 2 or 3 espada are vastolorde, or maybe just number 1 alone. The espada that soul society are fighting are all probably gillian class. Grimmjow is 6 and is adjuchas, and since Zommari got his ass handed to him by Byakuya I would think he's only gillian, which would make everyone under him gillian as well, so its only natural that the captains make easy work of them...On topic though, great chapter...I loved the part where Mayuri was like PSYCHE lolz
    Pretty sure they (actually I believe he said it himself while talking to Rukia) said the only Gillian class Espada was the #9, Aaronario.Also, the only reason he was ranked over Yammi was because of his ability to constantly evolve. He was also the only original or naturally-made Espada. Chances are 4-1 are all Vastrolords.

And yeah, Aizen did say his Espada were incomplete. I doubt he'd settle for a completed Espada made mostly of Adjucha, like they are now. Remember Adjucha and Vastro Lords are extremely far a part. Before being made into Arrancar Adjucha are Vice-Captain level, where Vastro Lordes are twice the strength of a Captain... again thats before being made into Arrancar.
    Last edited by DonMegaPLP; 12-08-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I never disliked the chapter because of who fights and how they fight... I got pissed off because 100% caps of SS are running threw espadas like it was nothing. I know they would had won but not completely OWN them when someone that has vizard and his comprades, which recently had major power ups, have been having sooo much trouble?/ common.
    What pissed me off was the way in which Kubo is making this fights end. Common.. bacterias that are camaras... I mean... thats not even funny. And a recently introduced, FASTEST ESPADA killed in like 4 chapters... that is what pissing me off. Make them win but at least make it seem as they had some degree of difficulty.

For all we know there could be a major strength difference between grimmjaw and the espada under him.

With all the advantages Mayuri had against #8 it would have been pathetic if he couldnt finish him off quite fast. he basically made all his abilities useless, and my impression is that without them he aint got much to show for, no great fighter so to say.

Whats interessting is the next fight, we will see a captain facing a espada thats actually stronger then grimmjaw, very much doubt that fight will be 1 chapter

Dont know why some of you would say the Espada are a joke.7, 8 and 9 are pretty low ranks, and the strongest espada we've seen so far put the smack down on Ichigo with little effort.

The top 3 Espada wont die unless some new power emerges in the middle of this Arc

I never disliked the chapter because of who fights and how they fight... I got pissed off because 100% caps of SS are running threw espadas like it was nothing. I know they would had won but not completely OWN them when someone that has vizard and his comprades, which recently had major power ups, have been having sooo much trouble?/ common.
    What pissed me off was the way in which Kubo is making this fights end. Common.. bacterias that are camaras... I mean... thats not even funny. And a recently introduced, FASTEST ESPADA killed in like 4 chapters... that is what pissing me off. Make them win but at least make it seem as they had some degree of difficulty.
    Ok so everyone complained when ichigo and grimjaw took 6 chapters to fight. Then everyone bitched at how stupid the pumkin espada looked. Now Im reading "it was over too fast". come one make up your mind. I would also like to point out that Byakuya was down an arm, a leg, and a subordinate before he got things straight and owned #7.Thats no exactly "running through". Hell I thought he was gonna cut him down as soon as he threatened Rukia. As for #8 how much screen time has szayzel had? on and off he has been fighting for EVER. It was way past time to put the kabash on him.

Now the bacteria was a little stretch but not that bad.....It could have easily been in the "Cure" Nemu gave Ishida. After being beaten why would Mayuri pass up the opportunity to research (aka spy) on his opponents even more. He is the most crooked captain out there. Im sure he would use any of his tech and dirty tricks to get the upper hand on everyone, friend or enemy.

So thats my rant. I liked this chapter and am eagerly awaiting more pwnage to come.

-_-'
    .... Kubo disappoints again... "oh, I used bacterias on this boy so I can use them as camaras".... common.. wtf... he should had just used one of those injections and regrew all his body parts and Szayel would had been WTF....

Yeah i thought of that bacteria explanation very pathetic. Seems like for me that kubo found that convenient way at the last minute, just to sort out the outcome of the fight easily.
    EDIT : exactly like Torunkusu says in the next post.

The 2 last chapters were really uninteresting fights in my opinion. But what is great about bleach is that it takes only 1 minute to read a chapter. ^^'
    Last edited by aaaarrrggh; 12-09-2007 at 12:56 AM.

King & Queen of Chocolate Torunkusu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLifeKing1331 View Post
    Now the bacteria was a little stretch but not that bad.....It could have easily been in the "Cure" Nemu gave Ishida. After being beaten why would Mayuri pass up the opportunity to research (aka spy) on his opponents even more. He is the most crooked captain out there. Im sure he would use any of his tech and dirty tricks to get the upper hand on everyone, friend or enemy.
    I actually don't think people are having problems with "bacterias being cameras". Such a thing seems like more than possible in a universe where your rear-end can grow into a pumpkin. What I don't like is when stuff like that comes up without being planted beforehand. If Kubo could have someone planted the notion, or blatantly told us, that Mayuri had done this ealier, then I would have had no problem with it. Heck, I would have applauded his excellent foresight! But this was just pulling something out of the air because there was a need for Mayuri to have a convenient advantage. Just making stuff up as you go along, as Kubo tends to do somewhat, is bad writing to me. There's a word for it, but english isn't my main language and since I can't even remember it in my own...

Don't get me wrong though. I'm turning a blind eye to this kind of analyzing and trying to just enjoy the ride because I'm so happy to see Mayuri and to be able to root for him for once. ^^

Let's hope that Kenpachi will put on a interesting fight. Not just with his overflowing reiatsu, he just need to slash Noitora and win against him. Show us Bankai indeed.

Not like Byakuya and Mayuri with no new special tricks and won against Espada. I think it is impossible for the captains to lose now.

Let's Enjoy Your Meal in Kenpachi Fried Chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by henrikoez View Post
    Not like Byakuya and Mayuri with no new special tricks and won against Espada. I think it is impossible for the captains to lose now.
    Well, we still aren't 100% sure if Mayuri's fight is over, and as far as new special tricks, Byakuya showed both a new kidou spell (the barrier thingy that stopped amor) and a new formation/style/attack with his Bankai which killed Zommari. And obviously the captains won't lose because they aren't even fighting the real espada. Aizen's army isn't complete and if I had to guess, like I said earlier I would think the top 3 or 4 are vastolorde, which would mean the rest have to go - i.e. die.

Oh and thanks for clearing up the gillian/adjuchas thing with the espada DonMegaPLP. My memory isn't the greatest, but you got my point across for me, which was the power difference between each class of menos, more specifically the massive difference between vastolorde and adjuchas, which explains the captains' abilities to beat the low ranked espada so easily. That and the fact that they're the "good guys" so naturally they always win in the end...