Battle Vixens (Ikki Tousen) ~ Yuji Shiozaki

Battle Vixens (Ikki Tousen) by Yuji Shiozaki

Summary from Wikipedia:
    Seven schools in the district of Kantō are constantly at war with each other, and the students within — both male and female — have become skilled fighters and constantly battle with rival schools. Their lives and fates are guided by strange jewels, called Magatama, that contain the spirits and destinies of warriors from the Three Kingdoms period of China, and also change colour according to the ranking of its bearer. The ultimate purpose of each of these high-school fighters, known as tōshi ("fighter"), is to become stronger than all others and ascend to become the eponymous Ikkitōsen — a relatively obscure yojijukugo which, literally translated, means "one rider who is the match of a thousand". The destinies of those who wear the magatama, though, have repeatedly reincarnated time and time again for the past eighteen centuries — without fail — and the carnage is immense each time around.

One girl, Hakufu Sonsaku, recently moved to Beijing and is apparently destined to unite the schools, just as her counterpart united seven countries long ago. It is hard to believe for the other characters just as much as the reader/viewer, as she consistently shows a lack of common sense and intelligence. However, the magatama that her mother Goei passes on (which belonged to Hakufu's late father Sonken; a play on the name of Sun Jian) is rumoured to be infused with the spirit of the legendary warrior Sun Ce.

Couldn't find a thread for this so here you go

Manga is called Battle Vixens, the anime is Ikki Tousen

Anybody else read or watch this? Read the bio on wiki and it looked promising. But with all the pantie shots, bone shattering violence and continuous new introductions (even as late as volume 9) its getting confusing and hard to keep up. I understand that Hakufu is supposed to unite the seven schools but the plot is just getting way too much for me. who the hell keeps on ordering Hakufu's death for christs sake and why?
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 02-18-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added info
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Have not read the actual manga but am in the process of watching both series. Is the manga still being produced? And how many chapters are out so far?

Battle Vixens on Baka-Updates. Seems like it hasn't moved since Dec 07 though. :< ~ImotoChan
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 02-18-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luffyJ MCbankaiz View Post
    Have not read the actual manga but am in the process of watching both series. Is the manga still being produced? And how many chapters are out so far?

Battle Vixens on Baka-Updates. Seems like it hasn't moved since Dec 07 though. :< ~ImotoChan
    Completely forgot about this thread. I'm on volume 14 at the moment. Volume 15 is out next March according to Amazon.
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    I have watched the anime (skipped most of dragon destiny cus it was boring). Cant find the manga online. Do you have to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    I have watched the anime (skipped most of dragon destiny cus it was boring). Cant find the manga online. Do you have to buy it?
    I got scans from #lurk on the IRC. As far as I'm aware the only group scanning it distributes via IRC only. I think its Yuki-sama.

Does the anime follow the manga?

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    I got scans from #lurk on the IRC. As far as I'm aware the only group scanning it distributes via IRC only. I think its Yuki-sama.
    I looked on Tokyotosho and they had it but it kept sending me to a wierd page so i found a torrent.
    But thanks anyway

i will at some point read this at some point lol I watched all 3 season but man the third season sucked hug balls i dont have high hopes for the 4th season most likely more suckage

I try to follow this manga as much as i can, I started reading it for the obvious reasons, but right now it's really difficult for me to get the new chapters (although there is a group uploading them in spanish) last chapter i read was 111, how far behind am I from the group uploading them through IRC? =O