Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool The DEVIANTART Users Club!!

If you got a DeviantArt gallery or want to make one, stop by this place and share your works, your techniques and all your knowledge whit other artists!

Joining in the contest of this month banner and lurking a lot in the creative center of Mangashare I see there is a lot of DA Users, and tons of great artists that can make great gals, so, no more to say... Join now in this club!

DA People

(x_o) - dnameless on deviantART

Infinity - RetartedRabbits on deviantART
    Decepticon - Suikodeniac on deviantART
    Kiriska - Kiriska on deviantART
    Kiddo - Didip on deviantART
    Ajiraiya - Ajiraiya on deviantART
    Skuffter - Storrini on deviantART

-----------------------------------------------
    Tell your friends to visit here
    Last edited by (x_o); 12-11-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Member List

http://retartedrabbits.deviantart.com/

Allthough, I rarely go on it nowadays. I mostly browse, I don't submit much work.
    I plan to make a new one soon, though.

judging from the talent in the bannercontest, i really look forward to seeing more art by you guys. i hope other people reply here.

i'm on da too =] don't expect any new pictures for a while though.

Suikodeniac on deviantART

and does any one have any hints on digital colouring techniques because i'm new to it and think i might be doing a lot wrong/ineffectually.
    forgive the lack of caps and shift-key induced punctuation. it's unavoidable, not intentional. thanks.

Kiriska on deviantART

For digital coloring (not painting), I think the most important thing to learn is layers. They make everything about a billion times easier and cleaner and I don't know what I'd do without them. o_o I also think it's a good idea to invest in a tablet, but there are also a good number of amazingly talented mouse-artists, so it isn't like it's a requirement or anything.

thanks for replying =]

is there a difference between digital colouring and painting [yes, i am very new at this]. layers are something i messed up on with my first try using but they're really sweet, i could really use layers in real life paintings ;] and an undo button.

a tablet would be a lot faster than a mouse i guess, better line smoothness/accuracy as well. thanks for the advice =]
    forgive the lack of caps and shift-key induced punctuation. it's unavoidable, not intentional. thanks.

I don't really think there are any "official" definitions for this, but personally, I considering digital coloring to have outlines that you're coloring under. Digital painting would be something that more resembles than actual painting with no outlines -- these are generally done all on one or two layers because the nature of painting requires a mixing of colors and having tons of layers would really get in the way of that.

Digital Coloring (CG art): CN - Bleach by ~Roboto-kun on deviantART
    Digital Painting (Digipaints): Umbrella Sky by `blackeri on deviantART

ahhh, so that's what i was doing wrong. i made outlines but i coloured all over them, mostly, and only had layers for different effects/overlapping parts. all the colours of the relating sections just got dumped on top of each other in the same layer and blended over each other until i was as happy with the effect as possible.

i need to learn how to do this properly, i'm sure i've seen tutorials online but never really bothered to look at them. thanks again for the help and the examples =]

Thanks to all for your replies

to Decepticon, the tip I can tell for digital painting is what I always do, I'm a beginner but this is the way I learned by myself how to do Digital painting:

1) I Put a layer whit the name "canvas" whit only a pure white background (I use the default layer "Background" but I change the name to know what I am doin' XD).
    2) I put a layer "linework" whit the scaned pencil sketch or draw directly whit the pen mouse in it (I think is important to have one only to work faster), and put in it the property of -Multiply- to paint in other layers behind this one without messing the line.
    3) I assign a layer to each color section of the overall painting puting the names: "hair", "skin", "clothes 1", "Clothes 2", "Accsesory 1", etcetera, etcetera...
    4) for those layers I select whit the poligonal lazo tool the area and put a soft color to make an overall view of the colors I'm gonna use, and to prevent to paint out of the line (if you don't what that, but you can try whitout selecting area)
    5) to make volumen I made a new layer in front of the one I am colouring, for example: "Hair volume 1" with multiply property in front of "hair" layer. there is where you can try to experiment whit effects or different color to obtain different results without messing the overall work.

the order of layers finally look something like this:

-Linework (multiply)
    -hair volume 1 (multiply or whatever)
    -hair
    -skin volume 1 (multiply or whatever)
    -skin
    -clothes 1 volume 1 (multiply or whatever)
    -clothes 1
    -clothes 2 volume 1(multiply or whatever)
    -clothes 2
    -etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
    -Canvas

hope is not soo complicated
    ------------------------------------------------

I think I'm gonna put a list of the urls of your galleries to all the people who came here to see.

Tell everyone you know in Mangashare to join in the DA Mangashare club for exchange of knowledge and manga artists meetings

-_-'
    i'm a bit disappointed when i see the deviantart gallery of some people from this forum :/

Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    i'm a bit disappointed when i see the deviantart gallery of some people from this forum :/
    No problem, everyone good or not-enough-good can participate to learn and improve in his works.