View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

3 15.00%
  • l4l Great

11 55.00%
  • l3l Average

3 15.00%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

3 15.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Very interesting chapter, these flashbacks have done an amazing job at giving a sincere take on Kabuto's life rather than rushing things for the sake of getting back to the fight.

However, next up is probably a return to the Uchiha vs. Kabuto fight (finally), so let's hope things heat up and we can really see what both sides are capable of. Sure, we have Izanami in the mix, but where's Sasuke's EMS abilities? It's time to put someone's life on the line rather than dancing around each other's techniques... has there ever been a fight with lower risks? Itachi's protecting Sasuke, Kabuto doesn't want to hurt Sasuke, and Itachi/Kabuto are both immune to all forms of damage. I don't want Izanami to settle things; I want to see what Sasuke can pull off once Itachi's Izanami fails.

Sasuke is the strongest person in the cave right now, he deserves to take control of this fight.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 04-28-2012 at 04:20 PM.

How lovely, but where can this flashback go from here?
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I am wondering why Kishi is taking so much time out of this raging war to give us a "This is your Life" tour of Kabuto's past. Hope it's for a really good cause.

I suppose that Kabuto being caught in Itachi's Technique probably probably has something to do with the flash backs , but could it also tie into the scroll that Suigetsu found, since were seeing much of Orochimaru's machinations in these flashbacks.
    Cuz it would be silly to do it after he's already been killed. No one ever gets a past flashback after their dead cuz then it has no real point. At least with Kabuto alive, we can see it as him looking back on his entire life. If he were dead, it would just seem (even more?) random to have an entire Kabuto's life flashback without anyone to be the medium.

And no, his flashback has nothing to do with Itachi's technique. That would be silly (to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Very interesting chapter, these flashbacks have done an amazing job at giving a sincere take on Kabuto's life rather than rushing things for the sake of getting back to the fight.

However, next up is probably a return to the Uchiha vs. Kabuto fight (finally), so let's hope things heat up and we can really see what both sides are capable of. Sure, we have Izanami in the mix, but where's Sasuke's EMS abilities? It's time to put someone's life on the line rather than dancing around each other's techniques... has there ever been a fight with lower risks? Itachi's protecting Sasuke, Kabuto doesn't want to hurt Sasuke, and Itachi/Kabuto are both immune to all forms of damage. I don't want Izanami to settle things; I want to see what Sasuke can pull off once Itachi's Izanami fails.

Sasuke is the strongest person in the cave right now, he deserves to take control of this fight.
    Okay, while it's certainly a possibility it would be a let down for Izanami to fail and I would hope that Kisji doesn't go that route after all the build up. Also, the whole idea of this fight is to defeat Kabuto without killing him, while forcing him to undo Edo Tensei. The only way for Sasuke to meaningfully take over this fight is for him to somehow forcefully use Tsukuyomi on Kabuto.

I guess Sasuke could use Amaterasu to corner Kabuto, Lightning to restrict his movement, aSusanoo to over power him and force his eyes open, and finally Tsukuyomi to make him undo EdoTensei. So Sasuke could certainly accomplish the task.

@AFRO,

My intent was to enquire as to why the Flashback is so drawn out, since Kabuto has not been a major character. It just seems that his past is getting more chapters than it deserves, UNLESS if the flashback has another revelationary purpose that adds to the story.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Man, the dude is awesome, he just gathered remains of Orochimaru, mixed them together and created a power up potion, just LOL .

Wait, now that I think about it, Kabuto just did the same thing to himself, that Oro did with other kids and Yamato when he was young, so it shouldn't normally work, yet, he survived. Is it from the same reason that Yamato was able to, or is Kabuto actually blood related to Oro, for example being his cousin ?
    Last edited by Zero; 04-28-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @AFRO,

My intent was to enquire as to why the Flashback is so drawn out, since Kabuto has not been a major character. It just seems that his past is getting more chapters than it deserves, UNLESS if the flashback has another revelationary purpose that adds to the story.
    Well, you know, Oro was a major character and we really didn't get much on his back story before he was killed off (twice). All the stuff we get about Oro comes from others' encounters with him.

Anyway, It doesn't really matter if it adds to the story. Not many flashbacks do, for that matter. Kishi's adding to his character before he kills him off for good... maybe. I'm of the opinion that Kabuto survives this altercation.

I liked this flashback the best so far! It puts Orochimaru into a whole new light.. I never knew he could multi-task like that lol, plus he was almost on par with Itachi for planning ahead and anticipating moves! Only thing was that he was never strong enough to really take advantage of his intelligence, he did good but there was always someone better...

Great chapter either way, and im glad we found out how Kabuchimaru got his powers! and im also glad it was in a gross way too haha, liquified Oro coursing through your veins!
    A pie in the sky?

Nice flashback, ok, but I think we're done with knowing about Kabuto's past, no need to add nothing more Kishi

I think the point of some of these flashbacks is to fill in some of the gaps in our knowledge regarding Kabuto, what Kabuto wants, what's driving him, that sort of thing. It might also fill in some of what Kabuto knows about regarding Madara and Tobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    I think the point of some of these flashbacks is to fill in some of the gaps in our knowledge regarding Kabuto, what Kabuto wants, what's driving him, that sort of thing. It might also fill in some of what Kabuto knows about regarding Madara and Tobi.
    Something like Tobi is (literally) a cocktail made from Hashirama and Madara ? Just like Oro's body was made in to a juice for Kabuto ?

Kabuto, a person searching for himself and Tobi, a person who considers himself a nobody. Both of them reached the same conclusion, it doesn't matter what or who you are, but what you want to be and so they chose, to become So6p.