View Poll Results: Please vote, see the post for information on each proposal.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Proposal 1

3 20.00%
  • Proposal 2

8 53.33%
  • Proposal 3

4 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

December Art Contest Feedback

I had a little brawl with Franky over this issue, and I totally agree with him, but in my mind I have to be loyal to the rules I originally set.

As you probably know, we're running a little monthly contest here for the banner submission. When we added prizes to it, the amount of entries exploded to the point where we currently have a dozen high quality banners that could easily go up as the winner.

Here are the three proposals.

1) 1 Winner, Exclusive spot on the banner for the entire month, as originally promised.

2) 1 Winner, But randomly rotate the top 3-5 banners for the first 2 weeks in December, exclusive spot to the winner for the final 2 weeks.

3) 1 Winner, But randomly rotate the top 3-5 banners for the entire month.

What are your thoughts? I especially want to hear from those who have put entries in, but I'd like to hear what the rest of the community thinks as well. Should we bend the rules a little bit as a consolation prize to all those who put large amounts of time & effort into making a great banner but were edged out by a hair's margin?

The nature of this contest is "winner takes all" but I don't think it has to be for this one exception, especially since they're themed and can't be resubmit or reused for another year.

The rules would, of course, return to normal for the January contest

All of them sound good to me, but I'd think it'd be better in the range of 2-3 - so that there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, and more time for each banner to be on the site.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Same as above.

That being said, surely we should ask the winner once he/she are nominated?

Fair enough, NPG, I agree that the final decision should be theirs. I still think that a public vote / discussion is needed to see where people stand.

I like the idea of 2-3. Everyone worked hard and it'd be a shame to see some of them get no recognition, even if they were just a little bit off from winning.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

I think its down to the entrants to vote on this

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    I like the idea of 2-3. Everyone worked hard and it'd be a shame to see some of them get no recognition, even if they were just a little bit off from winning.
    Ditto. It'll be nice to see the top bannner(s) in rotation.
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    first two weeks as rotation and final two weeks as a prize for the winner, since the winner deserves that at least

but yea, the actual winner(s) should decide since it is their artwork

I like #2 -- it's a good mix of the original agreement and the giving of something to the other top banners since yes, it's obvious a lot of people have put a lot of effort into this. I also think it would be good to get a lot of community feedback from the entrants now since I doubt the winner would want too much pressure to choose between blatant self-promotion and being nice to everyone else. ;3

the winner will be satisfied with the prizes tough. so There is no problem on rotating the banner just for fun and holydays spirit wathever, all the proposals are good, this is a great contest, oh yeah.