Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Thoughts?

I've only played about 20 minutes into the game so far, but I'm quite impressed. I've played Tactics and it's a great system. I think FFXII: RW has a lot of potential. Will have to see how the story unfolds to truly judge the game though. For me the story makes up a lot of an RPG but an intriguing battle system can also put the game on top.

So far the battle system is an A+. A lot of options are introduced at the beginning which show you how in depth strategy could potentially get in FFXII: RW.

It's also nice to see a new game come out. I love the remake they're doing (FFIII - FFVI), but a remake is nothing compared to a new game. Well, that is if you've already played the game. Obviously not playing a game being remade would be pretty exciting as well.

I've played around 2 hours or so. At first the battle system seemed really slow, but you get used to it. Really good game, looking forward to play more when I get home. =P

hows the battle system? likehow does it play like purely turn base or what? sorry ive been playin the crisis core ff7 on the psp so im getting used to the non turn based style. someone please enligthen me on this game lol. oh and i do have a ds

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

It's not turn based, it's based off FFXII's battle system except you're only allowed one Gambit per character. You just control the characters on the screen and tell them to attack an enemy and they will move to attack that enemy. Your attack speed will determine how many times you're attacking and you can have all your characters attack at once or go different routes.

I think the most critical aspect is learning how to use the controls. In order to summon Espers quickly for aide you have to get the controls down pat because you can't just keep adverting your attention from the battlefield for too long periods of time. Micromanagement is key and I assume it'll only get harder as the game continues.

I like how its not turn based, turn based portable games usually turn me off.
    Graphics don't look bad for the DS, and the battle system does indeed seem fun. I'll probably pick this up before Christmas.

I havent played it that much either, but it's one real good game!

I'm about 40% now and it's so addicting to play. There is this one mission where you have to sneak around. It's such a pain because if you initiate a battle you're pretty much dead. You'll see when you get there that's it's harder than it sounds with how some of the CPU plays .

hum... one more in the Christmas bag...
    Conspiracy theory

Finally Ekess has Come back to Mangashare
    Finally Ekess has Come back to Boredom Zone
    Finally Ekess has Come back to The Corupted wish game
    Finally Ekess has Come back Home.!

Spoiler!

intelligently dumb person someone4's Avatar
    i played it and it was so good! i just can't defeat bahamut and zodiak so i can get 100% in the mission completion thing.... anyways it is a very good game but it's kinda slow in battle, but hey it's damn hard so its fun to play!
    FUck this! winter is about to start!!!!

member of fairy tail fan club!

Quote Originally Posted by OldChemist View Post
    I'm about 40% now and it's so addicting to play. There is this one mission where you have to sneak around. It's such a pain because if you initiate a battle you're pretty much dead. You'll see when you get there that's it's harder than it sounds with how some of the CPU plays .
    I just ran through that part lol. This game is really amazing especially story wise and its even better if you've played FFXII on the PS2 (which I'm playing again to get all the super overpowered items lol.)
    Anime forever.