Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beowulf

Beowulf

Anybody seen this yet? From what I have heard, the storyline was pretty weak, but the digital animation on the other hand is completely amazing.
    I plan to see it sometime this week.

I personally hated reading the book which might make watching the movie a thrill since I heard it's completely different. Oh and SPOILERS for those of you who read it and just wanna know what changed.

Spoiler!

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    I personally hated reading the book which might make watching the movie a thrill since I heard it's completely different. Oh and SPOILERS for those of you who read it and just wanna know what changed.

Spoiler!
    Ancient poetry was designed to annoy Asce.

They thought - Few hundred years from now, that bastard Asce will read this - Better change the story.

You're so clearly indoctrinated by Hollywood Asce - You don't need fucking explosions everywhere to make a good story.

It sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    It sucked.
    Hmmm.
    And why would that be? Bad storyline, perhaps?

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    the poem is epic, but the movie just looks like the normal Hollywood cgi waste of time thing. I'll rather purchase the original story then watch this "updated" one.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    You're so clearly indoctrinated by Hollywood Asce - You don't need fucking explosions everywhere to make a good story.
    I agree, look at all the stupid movies that have been released in the past few years, explosions are replacing storyline. Or actual research of how a "real" explosions look like. CGI does not mean better.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    You don't need fucking explosions everywhere to make a good story.
    O_o is that NPG talking???

well,i saw the trailer and liked it...maybe i'll look at some previews before watching it in big screen
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    O_o is that NPG talking???

well,i saw the trailer and liked it...maybe i'll look at some previews before watching it in big screen
    The trailer looks like the normal Michael Bay explosions/fighting out of the wazoo thing. So like Transformers, expect very little of a storyline except the bare medium to actually entertain the idiots of the world. Sadly the last "popular" movie that made me actually think until the end was National Treasure. Everything else so far since then has followed the "here is the barely thought up storyline, and HERE IS THE DAMN FIGHTING!"
    HALO

Currently Reading

Hey, nobody expected Transformers to have a deeps storyline. I at least appreciated it for its graphical effects because I knew "Transformers" had its limits in meaning and depth. What you have to realize is that Bay did an amazing job with what he had. Connecting a long storyline in a short film like that isn't a simple task.

Beowulf on the other hand is an "epic" (literally) and you would set the bar much higher for depth within the story (in the movie). I haven't seen it myself, but I might be willing to take a look at it in a week or two...maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Hey, nobody expected Transformers to have a deeps storyline. I at least appreciated it for its graphical effects because I knew "Transformers" had its limits in meaning and depth. What you have to realize is that Bay did an amazing job with what he had. Connecting a long storyline in a short film like that isn't a simple task.

Beowulf on the other hand is an "epic" (literally) and you would set the bar much higher for depth within the story (in the movie). I haven't seen it myself, but I might be willing to take a look at it in a week or two...maybe...
    I did, since I was raised on Transformers. The movie could have had a story a lot better then what it was with the *VGcats comic reference* Dawson Creek one dimensional characters that existed in the movie.

However the main reason why I won't go see Beowulf is because of the multiple plot changes for "Hollywood" understanding. Like making Grendel's mum be portrayed by Angelina Jolie.
    HALO

Currently Reading