Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Initiate

Could Tobi really be Obito?

I've been sitting on it a while and I'm not sure if it's been said before, but, since Orochimaru is capable of "Soul Transfer" jutsu, couldn't Madara or Tobi have just taken Obito's body with the same sort of technique? Now I'm not sure how he could really live in a body that was half-way crushed, but it's just a thought. Kakashi is probably going to end up fighting Tobi and seeing him without his mask and lose the will to fight for a chapter or two. I honestly doubt Obito was ever Madara from the start, he always seemed to be more of a "klutz". Kind of how Naruto appeared in the first few episodes. Lol, maybe even Itachi needed a sacrifice to revive Madara and used his friend for it, thus gaining MS? I dunno, just throwing a few theories around.

No. No. No.

You're not the first person to think (I use that word loosely) of this and you certainly aren't the first to make a thread about it. Please go and find one of the 17,000,000 others on this forum and read the responses.

While you're at it, read this [/Shameless advertising]

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Initiate
    Lol, sorry for trying to contribute. I have read a few of the other threads, though I haven't seen these particular theories, so I thought I'd share. I never implied that I was the first to think about it. Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut. I figured I could post in a forum without some guy coming in telling me how useless my post (and thread) were.

-_-'
    man, don't be so upset, it's your fault after all if you don't know the "search" icon.

Ow..my poor swollen ankle alexmcneice's Avatar
    one fundamental flaw in your theory is why would anyone want to transfer into a half crushed body?

I wouldn't.

(I say that like I'm some kick ass kunoichi....I am really.....really.....what, you don't believe me? ........ok.)

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Lol, sorry for trying to contribute. I have read a few of the other threads, though I haven't seen these particular theories, so I thought I'd share. I never implied that I was the first to think about it. Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut. I figured I could post in a forum without some guy coming in telling me how useless my post (and thread) were.

You can't do that on these forums most of the time since everyone seems to have some odd complexes. These complexes are intensified when they read threads posted by individuals other than themselves, this is probably some social anxiety induced problems, or something.

Anyways, the Tobi = Obito is both a popular theory and an unpopular one. Nobody wants the author of the manga to write the story -- but instead, write it themselves. Trying to have a reasonable debate/conversation/etc on these forums or merely contributing a theory (such as your thread) will be met with bashing or stubborn 'NAW, MY OPINION IS FACT AND YOURS IS STUPID. BY THE WAY I AM A 12TH DEGREE NARUTO MANGA BLACK BELT!!!11"

Some of the people in this forum community DO use their brains, though. So don't get put off completely by the not-so-warm welcome you received in this thread. At least the subject hasn't turned into "Kabuto is the last boss of Naruto" or something like that. Topic jumps happen quite often.

-- To contribute on this thread I personally don't believe Tobi = Obito or Sarutobi despite Waffle's photoshop created proof. (The latter was a really hard decision.) There's been a few things posted to 'disprove' this. But in the end who the hell trusts Kishimoto with details anymore?

Enjoy your stay at MS.
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

-_-'
    @ remedy & roflohtehnoez

i don't see in wafflenet's post any hard words, he didn't say that your post was useless, etc.. he just said that there are many threads on that topic (TRy the search button maybe?!). I don't understand your reaction.
    And his thread "madara's past" is quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    @ remedy & roflohtehnoez

i don't see in wafflenet's post any hard words, he didn't say that your post was useless, etc.. he just said that there are many threads on that topic (TRy the search button maybe?!). I don't understand your reaction.
    And his thread "madara's past" is quite funny.
    You're going too deep into my post and not understanding what I was saying or implying. If I had meant insult to Waffle I would've said it outright without the wall of text, the entire reason I added detail to my post was to prevent a misunderstanding. Otherwise I could've saved myself time -- apparently, it was waisted though.

My post was in general, despite having mentioned waffle's name ONCE and in context to the thread (as it was a comment to what he linked.) -- As for the beginning of my post I'd like to see somebody say that isn't true. I've been lurking and occasionally posting since July and I've seen people bashed for no reason other then posting something that differed from the opinion of another.

man, don't be so upset, it's your fault after all if you don't know the "search" icon.
    This on the other hand could be taken in so many ways other than 'helpful advice.' I replied with the intention of helping the OP and clarifying on why his thread was treated so harshly.

This is now going way off topic, so I'm ending it right here. Didn't intend to imply insult to you or waffle.
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

Everyone just shut up and find a previous Tobi = Obito thread to post in.

-_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by roflohtehnoez View Post
    You're going too deep into my post and not understanding what I was saying or implying. If I had meant insult to Waffle I would've said it outright without the wall of text, the entire reason I added detail to my post was to prevent a misunderstanding. Otherwise I could've saved myself time -- apparently, it was waisted though.

My post was in general, despite having mentioned waffle's name ONCE and in context to the thread (as it was a comment to what he linked.) .
    wow, i don't understand. My previous post was mostly to react at remedy's post, i included you because you replied to support him. I just thought his post was unfair to wafflenet, who didn't bash him.
    So i never said that you insulted wafflenet in any way, i didn't "go too deep into your post" as you say, i didn't really react to what you said (because i agree with you on some points), i don't get it Oo