• |3| Average

0 0%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tensa zangetsu View Post
    i really dont see the quincy as much of a threat i mean the only weapon they have is a bow and arrow, against captains, vizards and Ichigo what can they do?if this is a final arc they really should of put up a better enemy,

and anyone else see the resemblance between zangetsu and the quincy leader,
    This is somewhat true. They got almost eradicated by shinigamis after all. But of course these new breed is different. They can seal bankais now and probably has other weapons as well. I'm pretty sure all of the major quincy character out there will have a melee weapon. Just look at Ichigo's opponent. The guy has a freaking sword.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    This is somewhat true. They got almost eradicated by shinigamis after all. But of course these new breed is different. They can seal bankais now and probably has other weapons as well. I'm pretty sure all of the major quincy character out there will have a melee weapon. Just look at Ichigo's opponent. The guy has a freaking sword.
    Well, I always imagined a claw weapon made from Quincy's Soul Cutters, that in reality would turn out to by a crossbow .

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. They only need to eat if they can mold spiritual energy, which is why Rukia fainted after she first came into close proximity with a shinigami and she needed to eat right after. I think they were stealing candy just for a treat or something, not out of necessity. So anyway, yeah, the whole distribution of wealth in SS doesn't really make a whole lotta sense except that the districts keep getting "poorer" and more dangerous(probably more important) the farther you get from Seretei.

Anyway, it was a excellent chapter. The story seems to be setting up pretty nicely now for some good twists and turns.
    The anime had more info about it, but it can't really be called valid. Anyway, IIRC, it mentioned that one candy would be enough to keep a normal soul alive for 3 days.

The fullbringer arc explained that everything has a soul and in everything there are soul particles, thus in food as well. In a way, a soul in a human body is eating the souls inside the food. Even hollows have to eat or they degenerate and later die ?

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    So I was just re-watching the Uryuu vs. Cirruci fight to find the screen-grab where Ishida confirms that Quincy only use Bow and Arrows. So whatever that captain guy has is not a sword.

But the fight also reminded me that Uryuu, and I quote the English dub, "...pierced her soul chain, the source of spirit energy production." to defeat her. I had forgotten about that little trick (as well as stealing reishi from their opponents). These things make them very worthy opponents, after all (if they are strong enough--which these Vanderreich appear to be).

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

and in profile, doesnt this big bad boss quincy look a bit like Zangetsu's materialization? or is that just me?
    come fight my brute here

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    and in profile, doesnt this big bad boss quincy look a bit like Zangetsu's materialization? or is that just me?
    -_- no shit, now will everyone please stop saying this, I'm getting tired of seeing this comment everywhere.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    -_- no shit, now will everyone please stop saying this, I'm getting tired of seeing this comment everywhere.
    Yeah, he is right. We should call him Grandpa Kurosaki.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Actually, they need to eat. The reason why Renji and Rukia were stealing candies, when they were young, is because they would die without eating them. The soul needs air to breath as well, as it can be chocked to death. A human soul has blood, has bones, internal organs, everything that a normal body has. It even works in a similar matter. Not to mention that when Ichigo's Soul was damaged, his body would reflect that. The body itself is only a shell and a copy of the soul. It's purpose is to protect it, until it is ripe.

Mass killing huh ? Couldn't they just transport them to earth for the time being to balance the scale of souls ?
    That's not entirely correct. The reason why Renji and Rukia stole candy where because they liked the taste of it, Rukia says so in the flashback when some kid get's his part of the candy stolen from him by an older kid. And it is only those with powers/high reietsu that need to eat in order to keep their reietsu up.

I guess that people just don't want to give things away, and in Rukongai as well as in the real world, some people have certain skills and others doesn't. So when you are among the few that can makes sandals and everyone wants to wear sandals then you can decide what you want to get for them, so even if they don't have money they can do as people did in the old days and trade stuff.

And we already know that the Vice Captain of the second squad is rich, not in the same obvious way as Kuchiki who's a noble family, but he states it like a fact that he is rich.

On my thoughts on the chapter I got this to say: It was awesome seeing Mayuri talk smack to Yamamoto like that. Now, we don't know the story but based on what Mayuri said, it seems that Yamamoto needed to be brought back to earth a bit, not to mention he's always so cocky(with good reason tho).

But, does this mean that we have someone who is at least equally strong as Yamamoto? AS he appears to be the final boss(little weird that he get's introduced so early in the arc tho), I guess that it will be Ichigo that kills him, but what part will he play together with Yamamoto. Like others are saying we will definitely see some flashbacks where the "majesty" and Yamamoto are involved. But will they fight? Will his "majesty" win? Can't wait to see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yeah, he is right. We should call him Grandpa Kurosaki.
    LOL!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Sure does feel good to be reading a Mangastream release again. Anyway, so now we have more backstory to delve through. Still waiting on my backstory on Isshin. Come on, Kubo. Don't leave us hanging...

We still don't know a lot about the quincy, perhaps they where vastly outnumbered by the Shinigami and actually took down a lot of them before they where eradicated(or so we where led to believe)? I would like to see Uryuu return to the scene and maybe a bit more on his dad who you would think would be knowledgeable on all thinks quincy.
    Far too awesome for your eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Sure does feel good to be reading a Mangastream release again. Anyway, so now we have more backstory to delve through. Still waiting on my backstory on Isshin. Come on, Kubo. Don't leave us hanging...
    Sure does, it makes more sense.

So this goes way back before the Quincy Massacre, Yamma was given an order to kill Buckbeard but he didn't, that raises a few questions, did he let him off? does Yamma have relations with Buckbeard?

And it seems they don't want Ichigo to get in their way, they consider him a game changer. They seem confident to take on SS so they must have a formidable army ready.

My only hope is Kubo gives us some awesome Kenpachi pwnage, I can't wait until he bust out the eye patch I missed that raw power.