Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - This last 2 chapters answered everything your asking. Kabuto worked as spy meaning he never had any real bonds with anyone beside "Mother" so he never felt like anyone trusted him. In a sense before Orochimaru he was always a loner but Oro recognized his potential and accepted him as he was.

- The scene with Oro testing him was more a joke tugging at Kabuto's inner insecurities of never being grounded or having anyone trust him. This is just Orochimaru's dark sense of humor.

- Kabuto's words to Sasuke is rather obvious as Ororchimaru has an eye for people with natural shinobi talent hence why he took an interest in Kabuto and Sasuke. Orochimaru was probably stalking Kabuto as he found him in the middle of Hidden Rock village. Same way he stalked Sasuke following him to the Forest of Death during the Chuunin exams.
    I know what Kabuto meant about Sasuke attracting Orochimaru's attention, but I wonder what he meant by it being unfortunate. You'd think that he'd have put it differently if he didn't resent Orochimaru for it.

Also, while I agree that Orochimaru was testing Kabuto in that scene, I think he was testing Kabuto's loyalty and resolve. I think Oro knew that Kabuto might not have the stomach to kill Sasuke at that point.

There are two ways to consider Oro's comment as I see it.

First it could just be that at this point Kishi was toying with the idea of making Kabuto a future disloyal lackey to Orochimaru, and the comment was a possible fore shadowinhg of said disloyalty.

Second, perhaps it was Oro's way to goad Kabuto and force him to make a decision to serve him, or leave him. In the end Kabuto stayed and served Orochimaru. Kabuto could have been at a cross-roads on whether to continue or to flee from serving Orochimaru.

Ah Well, I guess we should adopt a third option that the comment was just Oro's sick humor, although I hesitate to think of Orochimaru as someone who had humor of any kind, even the sick variety.
    Last edited by paulbee; 04-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I know what Kabuto meant about Sasuke attracting Orochimaru's attention, but I wonder what he meant by it being unfortunate. You'd think that he'd have put it differently if he didn't resent Orochimaru for it.

Also, while I agree that Orochimaru was testing Kabuto in that scene, I think he was testing Kabuto's loyalty and resolve. I think Oro knew that Kabuto might not have the stomach to kill Sasuke at that point.
    He said it because he can never be free. I don't think Kabuto could just walk up to Orochimau and hand in resignation papers and go about his business. Once Orochimaru takes an interest in you, you become his Guinea pig. Look at the others like Suigetsu & the
    Sound 5 regardless of how they ended up with Orochimaru they all became tied to him he would not let them go.

He was saying it was unfortunate because he presumed that Sasuke's destiny was now in the hands of Orochimaru.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    He said it because he can never be free. I don't think Kabuto could just walk up to Orochimau and hand in resignation papers and go about his business. Once Orochimaru takes an interest in you, you become his Guinea pig.

He was saying it was unfortunate because he presumed that Sasuke's destiny was now in the hands of Orochimaru.
    Exactly what I've said in my post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aga bomBa View Post
    I see it like this: Orochimaru was testing him out.. testing his loyality. Orochimaru never cared for anybody, more then himself; Kabuto knew this. But on the other side; Orochimaru was everything he had, someone who he looked up to, because Orochimaru really admired his skills as a shinobi.

- " we were both unfortunate to catch the eye of Orochimaru ", means that they were litterly DOOMED. Both Kabuto/Sasuke were too outstanding as a shinobi in general, and the moment that the devil himself (Oro) layed his eyes on them.. they didn't have any choice left.
    Kabuto and Sasuke are both, great examples of " the next generation surpasses the previous one ".. I have to say that, Kabuto's flashback is compared to the others, very long.. ain't it? OR was Sasori's flashback as long as this one? I also have a feeling that Juugo, is going to sacrifice himself in the up-coming war for Sasuke.

The scroll that Suigetsu found, has to be related to Juugo's powers (because he instantly had a natural reaction near that secret place), and maybe Juugo will give his powers to Sasuke. This could help Sasuke gain more power, just like Kabuto extracts Sage Energy faster with Juugo's cells inside of him.

1. Sasuke probably copied Raikage's speed.. his current speed would be childplay for Naruto.
    2. Itachi needs to give him the T- Sword / Mirror, especially when Sasuke gains the double faced Susanoo ( I'm not sure if he would get the 2-faced Susanoo, because it seemed like Hashirama's powers in Edo Madara gave him that transformation.. OR his evolvement from EMS --> Rinnegan )
    3. Sasuke already has a lot of chakra capacity and control over it, but he needs MORE chakra for facing off Naruto, and later on tobi. Gedou Mazou could be his source, but for how long?? Still standing with my theory that Gedou Mazo IS Juubi's body.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

- Well I would disagree about Sasuke copying the Raikage's speed as he cant copy speed only techniques. In that regard the Raiton armor is not a jutsu just anyone can master we as we know both Raikage's are Chakra monsters. Raiton armor requires massive amounts of chakra to perform to cover the entire body in lighting and do so continually. Its not a jutsu for Sasuke with medium chakra levels.

Also Sasuke doesn't need to be faster than Naruto as he has the sharingan which helps him predict motion and he has pretty fast reflexes already. In any case he has Susanoo the ultimate defense.

On a side note better enjoy the next upcoming chapter because it will be the last one until the 2nd week of May.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

What I think would happen next is: Kabuto summons Edo-Madara and he tells the brothers that if they beat him,he will undo the techique and provide info for what he knows about Tobi (betrayal).
    These flashbacks I think are what will lead Kabuto to make that decision,because I think he is under the effect of Izanami.
    And I'm really sure that Itachi will mention Naruto.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    - Well I would disagree about Sasuke copying the Raikage's speed as he cant copy speed only techniques. In that regard the Raiton armor is not a jutsu just anyone can master we as we know both Raikage's are Chakra monsters. Raiton armor requires massive amounts of chakra to perform to cover the entire body in lighting and do so continually. Its not a jutsu for Sasuke with medium chakra levels.

Also Sasuke doesn't need to be faster than Naruto as he has the sharingan which helps him predict motion and he has pretty fast reflexes already. In any case he has Susanoo the ultimate defense.

On a side note better enjoy the next upcoming chapter because it will be the last one until the 2nd week of May.
    You're right about Raikage being a beast who uses chakra for that speed and all.. but I was brainstorming about how Sasuke could even match Naruto @ this moment. We haven't seen the full power of EMS, that's for sure.. but still; Naruto in Kyuubi Mode, he's fckin freakin FAST!!

- You're probably right about him not being able copying Raikage's speed.

I wanna know your thoughts about Susanoo.. what do you think, why Edo Madara had double faced Susanoo? Is it:
    it seemed like Hashirama's powers in Edo Madara gave him that transformation.. OR his evolvement from EMS --> Rinnegan
    what I said in my previous post, or will Itachi give him those powers before he leaves to the other world after these up-coming chapters?? We can conclude, that Itachi's Susanoo is more Close-range ( with T-sword / Mirror ) and Sasuke's Susanoo Long-range ( Bow / Arrow ).. imagine if you would combine those two to one being; fckin crazy ain't it??

- Let us not forgot what Itachi / Tobi have said ( Itachi about Nagato's Chibaku Tensei and Tobi about Edo Tensei ) earlier in the manga; every jutsu / power has his WEAKNESSES.

Susanoo is the highest level of " Ultimate Defense " at this moment, but even that has to have a weakness. Making it " Two Face ", would be the best thing you could do. BTW: remember when Danzou tried to attack Sasuke from behind? Danzou said something about Susanoo weakest point is there.. I will try to find that page.

** WHAT!! no Naruto for two weeks? I thought one week BRO.. wtf!! Just one time Kishi; spoil us with 2 chapters with 40 pages!!
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

I wonder about the consequences to Kabuto of summoning Edo Madra. In any case Kabuto is already under Izanami, and the only way out of it would be if Edo Madara were to cast another Izanami on him that would essentially reverse Itachi's.

Having said the above, it's interesting to consider the consequences to Kabuto of summoning Edo Madara.

1) Can Kabuto's Jutsu really control Edo Madara's mind? I would like to think that there are some individuals who's wills are so strong that Edo Tensei would not be able to re-write their minds.

2) If Kabuto summoned Madara, without a mind wipe, I suspect that Kabuto himself will be the first Victim of Edo Madara who I suspect would kill Kabuto instantly. If he mind wiped Madara successfully, he'd probably still lose because he won't have the skill to use Madara's techniques.

If Kabuto could fully control Madara's mind, wouldn't it have been in his best interest to immediately kill Tobi (using Edo Madara), and then Take over control of the Geddou Mazou, instead of play toy soldiers with the Raikages? With Tobi dead, Kabuto could recover and Transplant the Rinnegans, and use them to discover the Truth of The World by himself.

Makes you wonder why Kabuto didn't give himself Hashirama's DNA, instead of Karin's DNA.

Guess it's already too late for Kabuto now. I suspect that when this trip through Memory Lane ends, so also will Kabuto's control of his own actions, as Izanami takes full effect on him.
    Last edited by paulbee; 04-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well.... Here is a (Serious) stab at it.

Inzanami and Inzanagi have a combined set of abilities to change and decided destiny. I believe that itachi will use BOTH abilities to not only change Kabuto's future, but his past as well. I see it as a one shot Desu Ex Machina at the cost of both functioning eyes and perhaps even life force energy(It will kill even an Edo zombie) to reverse/shape everything that has ever happened to that person.

its just a thought but... as I wrote this, I though that if Tobi/Madara's Moon's eye plan involves an eternal genjutsu completely engulfing the planet... If my theory is true, could Madara use the Jutsu to reshape a world where He and the Uchiha are the dominate clan and the Senju are the uchiha and his use of both Inzanami and inzanagi are a means of making this a reality.

Just a thought

EPIC!!!

Kabuto will not die here, his flashback humanizes him to the perfect degree. Itachi has already empathized (for distraction or sincerity it's up in the air) and Izanami will be the finishing touch; making kabuto...

A good guy (YAYYYY HAPPY!!!)

I strongly believe Kabuto will turn and his situation will resemble what happened with Zabuza. He will redeem himself with a final good guy/selfless act before Tobi or Madara finish him off. I mean, if he can't die because of the stipulations of edo tensei's release then he must be turned good in order to willfully end the edo tensei. I wouldn't be surprised if Kabuto ends being the next hokage (epic enough plot twist?)