Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZetsu View Post
    haha, thanks man. It seems so obvious to me! I'm glad some one else agrees.

Forgive my frankness but it seems to me you both not only misunderstand the character but also his motivation as an indirect and shrewd guardian.

The loving brother stuff is plain garbage! He had pushed his deception to sasuke up to well after he was sick and up to the very point of his death. Where in the entire battle between sasuke and itachi would be an appropriate moment for itachi to say what you think he would have? Edo itachi? Oh please, he was almost indifferent to sasuke even knowing of izanagi. Not only that, itachi never opened the style of dialogue that would have served a working context to talk about rinnegan. He was a loving brother but you are completely ignoring the complexity of how that relationship worked. It was full of deceits and shame and never a direct warning for sasukes well being.

The loving brother did not exist to sasuke after the massacre until tobi told the truth. You also forget that itachi's manipulations pushed sasuke the young boy into the fold of orochimaru and later akatsuki! Itachi planned and manipulated sasuke into the company of the very same people you think Mr loving brother is going to warn sasuke about being used by. I'd say more but that's for another thread and its the main reason i enjoy kishimoto.

Warning sasuke about rinnegan or mentioning it was making him sick destroys what he wanted to accomplish through his manipulation of sasuke (it extends further than just him and sasuke), defies his character, and sabotages all other motives.

The issue of sasuke or not getting rinnegan needs separate discussion but it does tie into this particular argument IM making here and further establishes why itachi would most certainly keep his mouth shut.

Back on topic, itachi's illness is well within the realm of possibility being an onsetting mutation/evolution of his sharingan into rinnegan. Going off topic, it would harm him on several levels beyond just his physical condition. It would have adverse effects on his goals and would severely imbalance power within akatsuki. If it is revealed he did indeed near rinnegan then it will be revealed he willingly tried to suppress it. It would be up to sasuke to harness that power at the APPROPRIATE TIME!!
    Last edited by knife eater; 07-20-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

and yet the manga show differently.

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    and yet the manga show differently.
    You mean when itachi used tskiyomi to incapacitate him when they were after naruto before the time skip? You mean when itachi lied to sasuke in his grand character scheme of a clan murderer? You mean when itachi manipulated sasuke to seek power and get in league with orochimaru? You mean when itachi willingly steered sasuke into the.ranks of akatsuki and the side of tobi? You mean how itachi knew who sasuke was in league with and didnt once pop out and give a warning to sasuke that those are had guys and will just use him? Are those examples of how the manga showed it differently? Like how itachi did not at ant time act like the loving brother archetype until the last moment before disappearing in edo tensei release?

Yeah, the manga suuuuuuure showed it differently! Itachi, the worrywart older brother shielding him from nasty bullies! No way itachi would have knowledge of sasuke keeping it real with orochimaru without kicking down orochimaru's door to warn sasuke he is being used! Give me a break. Itachi never bothered to reveal the truth of the massacre while he was still alive. He made it so that sasuke had to learn the truth about his brother from tobi! He pushed the lie to the end all while KNOWING SASUKE WAS WITH BAD GUYS WITH OBVIOUS INTENTIONS TO USE HIM!!!!

Tell me, which manga are you talking about, maybe IM talking about the wrong itachi.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

the manga clearly showed that itachi wanted sasuke to be safe hence why he went along with killing his clan, and no, itachi didnt steer sasuke towards akatsuki but rather towards oro who he knew wouldnt hurt him for the first few years and that he already knew that he was being used. In the end itachi showed his loving side to sasuke, proving all of what you've beeen ranting about wrong.

and itachi had to keep up appearences or sasuke would be in trouble and it was better for itachi that sasuke focused all his hate towards him instead of the village, and no, he didnt learn the whole truth from tobi, itachi told it to sasuke himself. You think sasuke was being used but in actuality, sasuke was using them. you just fail to see the big picture of the things that itachi actually did for sasuke as he knew that he would be safe at the time, so why break cover and show that he was still on konoha's side and more importantly sasuke's side.