Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sakura a Sage?

Unhappy Sakura a Sage?

Hey Guys, it's me again!

Seriously, am I the only German here? I couldn't find anyone making those characteristic mistakes such as overusing "-ing"-forms.

Anyway: A few feeks ago, we learnt there are three different Sage-Schools. We already know the Frog-Sage-Art taught in Myoubokuzan (Fancy Wood Hill), and we now know that there is something like a Snake-Sage-Art taught in Ryuchidou (Dragon Cave).

By the way: A few people seem to think that Snake/Dragon-Sage-Art involves using natural Energy. But actually, there isn't anything we know about this art except that it enhances your perception skills and that it changes your appearance. Though I must admit, it is pretty similar to Frog-Sage-Arts. Yet there seems to be one difference: Frog-Sage-Art enhances your range, we do not know whether that is the case in Snake-Sage-Art.

And there is a third Sage-Art taught in Shikkotsurin (Humid Bone Forest). I will stick out my neck and say there is a good chance it is related to slugs. I admit there is no evidence to support this, but seriously. Do you remember this animal-trio:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-175-1/...apter-170.html

Since we already know that two of the three Sage-Arts are related to Frogs and Snakes, I would be quite surprised if the last Sage-Art wasn't related to Slugs.

I admit, my theory has a flaw: Jiraiya was a sage, and Orochimaru obviously would have liked to be one. Yet for obvious reasons, Manda wasn't quite willing to help Orochimaru (http://www.mangareader.net/93-175-4/...apter-170.html). And Tsunade? Katsuyu calls her Princess-Tsunade, so there seems to be a respectful relationship. So if there is a Slug-Sage-Art, Tsunade knows about it. Yet we can assume that now, against Edo Madara who is virtually unbeatable, she wouldn't hold back and refrain from using a jutsu that works best over a longer period of time. That's why I didn't open a "Tsunade a Sage?"-thread. I am pretty sure Tsunade isn't a sage.

Kishi, however, never does anything without a reason, so sooner or later we will learn more about Shikkotsurin. Naruto is a Frog Sage and was Jiraiya's pupil. Sasuke was Orochimaru's pupil and inherited - at least for a few years - his affinity for snakes. A few people already argue that Sasuke might become a Dragon-Sage. And Tsunade is Sakura's Sensei. I cannot think about anyone but Sakura that might become a Slug-Sage (sounds weird). So if I am right and there is something like a Slug-Sage-Art, Sakura seems to be the only choice for Kishi to present it to us.

I know it is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion Sakura has been a real disappointment. But it would at least fit the story: Sakura is supposed to have good chakra-control and to be intelligent. Both might help master the jutsu. But most importantly - and I am very sure nobody disagrees here - she really needs a power-boost. And she really could use a personal summon - if she hasn't already one we don't know about. People might argue that Shinobi/Kunoichi must have great personal chakra-reserves to become a sage, but actually we don't know much about Sakura's chakra. Tsunade at least seems to have a great one.

I admit, it may be wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great: Three sages, all taught by the Three Legendary Sannin, fight the last villain - whoever that might be?

What do you think? Is it probable, or too far-fetched?

I believe someone posted a picture of this earlier (and a really weird one at that). And I agree, Sakura has been kind of bland and this would make her a lot more interesting, but I don't think there will be time in whats left of the manga to do this.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Well, Kabuto did mention a 3rd legendary hidden place, Shikkotsurin. Even tho the Itachitards on NF like to think of it being used for a crow sage mode, it most likely is the one for slugs, considering the other 2. Completes he trifecta of the Sannin.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Attached Images Attached Images

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Thats the one XD
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    Hey Guys, it's me again!

Seriously, am I the only German here? I couldn't find anyone making those characteristic mistakes such as overusing "-ing"-forms.

Anyway: A few feeks ago, we learnt there are three different Sage-Schools. We already know the Frog-Sage-Art taught in Myoubokuzan (Fancy Wood Hill), and we now know that there is something like a Snake-Sage-Art taught in Ryuchidou (Dragon Cave).

By the way: A few people seem to think that Snake/Dragon-Sage-Art involves using natural Energy. But actually, there isn't anything we know about this art except that it enhances your perception skills and that it changes your appearance. Though I must admit, it is pretty similar to Frog-Sage-Arts. Yet there seems to be one difference: Frog-Sage-Art enhances your range, we do not know whether that is the case in Snake-Sage-Art.

And there is a third Sage-Art taught in Shikkotsurin (Humid Bone Forest). I will stick out my neck and say there is a good chance it is related to slugs. I admit there is no evidence to support this, but seriously. Do you remember this animal-trio:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-175-1/...apter-170.html

Since we already know that two of the three Sage-Arts are related to Frogs and Snakes, I would be quite surprised if the last Sage-Art wasn't related to Slugs.

I admit, my theory has a flaw: Jiraiya was a sage, and Orochimaru obviously would have liked to be one. Yet for obvious reasons, Manda wasn't quite willing to help Orochimaru (http://www.mangareader.net/93-175-4/...apter-170.html). And Tsunade? Katsuyu calls her Princess-Tsunade, so there seems to be a respectful relationship. So if there is a Slug-Sage-Art, Tsunade knows about it. Yet we can assume that now, against Edo Madara who is virtually unbeatable, she wouldn't hold back and refrain from using a jutsu that works best over a longer period of time. That's why I didn't open a "Tsunade a Sage?"-thread. I am pretty sure Tsunade isn't a sage.

Kishi, however, never does anything without a reason, so sooner or later we will learn more about Shikkotsurin. Naruto is a Frog Sage and was Jiraiya's pupil. Sasuke was Orochimaru's pupil and inherited - at least for a few years - his affinity for snakes. A few people already argue that Sasuke might become a Dragon-Sage. And Tsunade is Sakura's Sensei. I cannot think about anyone but Sakura that might become a Slug-Sage (sounds weird). So if I am right and there is something like a Slug-Sage-Art, Sakura seems to be the only choice for Kishi to present it to us.

I know it is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion Sakura has been a real disappointment. But it would at least fit the story: Sakura is supposed to have good chakra-control and to be intelligent. Both might help master the jutsu. But most importantly - and I am very sure nobody disagrees here - she really needs a power-boost. And she really could use a personal summon - if she hasn't already one we don't know about. People might argue that Shinobi/Kunoichi must have great personal chakra-reserves to become a sage, but actually we don't know much about Sakura's chakra. Tsunade at least seems to have a great one.

I admit, it may be wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great: Three sages, all taught by the Three Legendary Sannin, fight the last villain - whoever that might be?

What do you think? Is it probable, or too far-fetched?
    I was going to say something along the lines of shutting your whore mouth, and that Sakura is about as useful as a velvet painting of a whale and donkey getting it on... then I read your post... and while it is possible, until seen she is still about as useful as a velvet painting of a whale and donkey getting it on

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    I believe someone posted a picture of this earlier (and a really weird one at that). And I agree, Sakura has been kind of bland and this would make her a lot more interesting, but I don't think there will be time in whats left of the manga to do this.
    To be honest, I am not convinced neither that it's going to happen. But it is possible, since any other Slug-user would hardly fit the story. And Sakura seems the only appropriate choice.

@aggeroff: I can see what you want to say, but I wouldn't be so pessimistic as far is time is concernced. It took Naruto only from here (http://www.mangareader.net/93-413-13...apter-408.html) to here (http://www.mangareader.net/93-435-1/...apter-430.html) to become a sage, that's 22 mangas. The fight of the three sannin (and only the fight) took 14 mangas. Time is quite relative in the narutoverse. And why not send Sakura to Shikkotsurin by proposition of an elder-slug after she learned that Tsunade was killed by Madara? Then she might (for the at least fourth time) decide not to be a burden anymore.

If it's doesn't happen, it won't be for the lack of time. I really hope it will happen.

In all seriousness, Sakura getting a sage mode now odd and out of place considering she hasnt had a single training arc or even a real chapter dedicated to her in a very long time, since the Chiyo fight(Correct me if I am wrong)

Sakura is in the Ninja Army marching towards Madara and the other Kages, if I am not mistaken. For her to, break rank, leave to receive training from a slug sage, then rejoin a fight? The time passed for her to get training has passed in this arc.

While, assuming Tsunade dies, she would be the appropriate/only choice but... it remains to be seen

If Sakura gains a slug mode it would only be to help Naruto and towards the end of any fight with Sasuke, Naruto would have her leave IMO because the fight would result in the unstoppable death of either Sasuke or Naruto and Naruto wouldnt want to see her it because he would know, she couldnt stop it or save either one of them

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things :-(

+1 Sakura Slug Sage

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Sakura is quite the exceptional shinobi, she has no need for slug sage mode.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif