Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question [Future vs Classic] Which is better?

which in ur opinion is better the classic ninja, samurai, swords man, pirate, ect vs futuristic setting mechs laser guns aliens ect i mean i like the classic setting better (never big fan of mechs) but wa do u think list the manga that influnces u to like it better or reason tallie it up if u can and make it a good argument

classic 1 naruto

IMO, Classic, of course. Mechas, robots, aliens series are just too typhical, always the same... in the world of ninjas, samurais and pirates there's a wide range of possibilities about new stories and plots, and you can always find something new. In futurist series, instead, you'll always find more and more unbelievable interstellar fights betwen giant robots and machines.

And about the list... probably One Piece and Dragon Ball are the ones which made me stay by classic manga side, though there also some futurist series like Planetes that are really worth reading.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Hmm, hard to answer, I enjoy both the nice futuristic setting and the whole past setting thing, on one hand one of my all time favorite Seinen's happens to be Ai-ren, on the future side but then their are awesome shonen such as One Piece and FT on the past side, if I compiled a list it would probably show which side I'm leaning too (just realised I can count RahXephon on the side of futuristic so I'm probably leaning a little to the futuristic side).

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I guess I would enjoy the older, classical setting, over the futuristic type. I have never really been a fan of the Robot/Mecha type of anime, so that could be why. But I also like modern-day manga's, most of which involve modern day schooling, etc.

I'm not a fan of mecha but i still go with futuristic for the cyborg stuff like stand alone complex, however one piece did totaly change my opinion on pirates for the better.

i'm not a really big fan of mechs so i'd go with the classic. i've realized that a good amount of the mangas i've been reading recently are about samurai or ninjas. pretty interesting stuff. one piece also makes pirates look pretty cool and interesting. overall i think the classical stuff is more interesting since there's a wide range of stuff to write about.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

classic for sure. future is just not my thing. since i only read one piece (just started), naruto, bleach, claymore and air gear.

I like both. As long as the future ones aren't too ridiculous. A lot of anime are classic mixed with future, even there is electricity and microphones in naruto.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

for me,it s both...
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

I like both. As long as the future ones aren't too ridiculous. A lot of anime are classic mixed with future, even there is electricity and microphones in naruto.
    Electricity and microphones aren't futuristic. >_>

I prefer classic. Future stuff just complicates things.