Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tsutomu Nihei: BLAME!~NOiSE~Biomega~Abara~Netsphere Engineer

I am certain many of you have read or at least seen some of Tsutomu Nihei work in one form or another. The creator of Blame!, NOiSE, Biomega, Abara, plus others

I felt that Tsutomu Nihei should be mentioned here also, as I feel his work is something that all true manga fans should read.

I first came across him when I read the One Shot Comic of 'Wolverine:Snikt'. i loved it from the first page onwards. The beautiful scenery and attention to detail was something special, added to that the sheer size of the landscape that is mind-boggling.

I then read Blame! which I feel is a master piece, at times it was difficult to follow the story, with majority of the story being told only in pictures.

Below are links to sites where you can download his work and get information on them:

Information:
    Blame! on wikipedia
    KRuM Review

Download:
    mangadownloads
    Manga+, Site is down often but has all of Tsutomu Nihei work
    Stop Tazmo, Has 100's of Manga Links

Blame!

Biomega

Abara

Wolverine: Snikt!

-_-'
    I like blame!'s universe, the characters, designs, drawing style and for once it's not a story about good & evil, though there isn't really a plot.

But the author is kinda always doing the same, as prove noise and abara (that i like anyway, it's a bit more narrative than blame)

Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    I like blame!'s universe, the characters, designs, drawing style and for once it's not a story about good & evil, though there isn't really a plot.

But the author is kinda always doing the same, as prove noise and abara (that i like anyway, it's a bit more narrative than blame)
    I agree that it is the same, but Nihei works it into the story very well.

When I was reading Biomega, I just loved the idea of being able to zoom around in the huge metropolises on the bike. Also the characters are real kwool looking.

Thanks Wolverine i had'nt even heard of them, so ill give 'em a read

BLAME! ~ Tsutomu Nihei

Blame is created by Tsutomu Nihei

Plot

Killy, a silent loner possessing an incredibly powerful weapon known as a Gravitational Beam Emitter, wanders a vast technological world known as "The City". He is searching for Net Terminal Genes, a (possibly) extinct genetic marker that allows humans access to the Netsphere. "The City" is an endless vertical space of walls, stairways and caverns, and separated in some kind of "floors" composed of several thousand of levels and divided by nearly-impenetrable structures known as "Megastructure" that separate entire floors or sections of "The City". "The City" is inhabited by scattered human and transhuman tribes as well as hostile cyborgs known as Silicon Creatures. The Net Terminal Genes appear to be the key to halting the unhindered, chaotic expansion of the Megastructure, as well as a way of stopping the murderous horde known as the Safeguard from destroying all humanity.

Along the way, Killy meets and joins forces with a resourceful engineer named Cibo and a tribe of human warriors called the Electro-Fishers. They are pursued by the Safeguard, who view any human without Net Terminal Genes as a threat to be extinguished on sight.
    Style

Blame! features extremely dark, highly detailed depictions of the fantastic, ever-changing world of The City, punctuated by brutal combat. There is generally little dialogue to support the action or story, and the reader is left to piece together the plot for themselves. Many scenes are spent on the long, lonely travels through The City.
    More info go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame!

(I don't have links to the downloads yet, cause I just found this serie, sorry)

[SIZE="4"]Volume covers

Last edited by Jinoh; 11-21-2007 at 10:12 PM.

-_-'
    Wolverine already talked about it in this thread http://www.mangashare.com/forums/sei...-engineer.html

The better scifi manga I ever seen.
    Tstutomo Nihei it's really a master in the genre of hopeless futuristic horror.
    He made, and still do, others mangas on Blame!'s universe... Like Noise, NF5 and Abara.

i started reading it but it wasn't that interesting. i think biomega is much better.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

As i get it NOiSE, Biomega are prequels and Netsphere Engineer a sequel to BLAME!.
    Do you recommend reading them in a special order or should i jump right into Blame and then read the prequels/sequels?

Quote Originally Posted by exylex View Post
    As i get it NOiSE, Biomega are prequels and Netsphere Engineer a sequel to BLAME!.
    Do you recommend reading them in a special order or should i jump right into Blame and then read the prequels/sequels?
    I would say Blame! is the best place to start.