View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

3 50.00%
  • l4l Great

3 50.00%
  • l3l Average

0 0%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

D.Gray-Man 213 Discussion / 214 Predictions

Well after what seems like an a eternity, Ch.213 is out. Read it here for now:http://reader.imperialscans.com/read...n/0/213/page/1

Seems that Imperial Scans has took over the job where mangastream has left off. They do a good job with Niseoki and others so I think they continue with it.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Senior Member StrawberryLulzJam's Avatar
    Aww I liked it!! Although I really wish I could have seen Allen a bit more, but now we actually understand what the heck is going on with Link. But really? He's the next master Zhu? -_- not sure how I feel about that. Now next chapter: Allen! ....please?

And those twins at the end are totally mana and neah!! =D Their mom was singing them that song, that's why neah knew it and used it as a key for the arc, and also why mana had a common language that he taught Allen. It's all starting to make sense. Thanks, Hoshino I almost lost hope that this story was going to make use of all these random twists you were adding but looks like you can make it happen.

There is something I'm confused about though. So, I understood from Levellier that he doesn't want Allen. Does that mean he'll kill him if Allen won over Neah??
    I see the start of an addiction! Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

Also I just realized something. Kanda will kill 'him' if the 14th wins, and Levellier *might* kill 'him' if Allen wins. Poor kid's just got no way out of this without some sort of huge compromise...

Now this was an interesting chapter and from what I understood, Link is a back up plan, or rather Levelie is pretty sure that Allen will win over Neah and so that Neah doesn't die, he will need to enter another host and that host, is Link.

no wayyyy i couldn't possibly ever part with link.... :'(

I'm reading that there will be a possible delay or lack of release or something with this chapter, can anyone verify?

(Hope i'm not necroing or anything)
    Something that worries me is what Master Zhu (Or whatever his name was) said. "I turned you into the Fourteenth", now, it seems to me that instead of the Fourteenth being some kind of name, it's actually a title. Just what is it implying i wonder? Is it saying that Master Zhu was smart enough to realise that Link would become the host to the 14th if Allen cast him out? Or, does it mean that the 14th has a completely different definition? Could the 14th have been distorted over time? The word fa*got means bundle of sticks originally might i add, so that's my case and point. Hey, this thread IS about speculation, so don't taze me bro. What if (And this is major speculation) the 14th is the "Good" noah? What happens then? What would happen if Allen lost this supposed battle of wills, and the 14th took over and such? Would the 14th be as evil as what everyone is making him out to be? Or would he be WORSE? The current Millenium Earl wants to destroy the world, so, therefore is the 14th planning the same thing or is he only doing this as a sort of top down way of achieving another objective? For example, if 14th was In love could he be doing this because of it? After all, it is heavily implied that Rhode (Or Road) had a sexual relationship, so does he feel something towards her? I am actually asking much more questions than what i could consider answerable without spoiling the plot, but to hell with reason. Let us burn out houses to the ground with lemons, why don't we. But, i heard that the author has this supposedly planned out start to finish, so there is probably a hint somewhere in one of the volumn's that answers all my questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Now this was an interesting chapter and from what I understood, Link is a back up plan, or rather Levelie is pretty sure that Allen will win over Neah and so that Neah doesn't die, he will need to enter another host and that host, is Link.
    Yes but that doesn't answer what would happen if Allen lost?
    PS: Where did you get that video in your signature from? I must say it is quite, intruiging to say the least.
    Last edited by DR34DNOISE; 05-19-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Because i wasn't sure if there is a rule against double posting

Oh wow so glad finally someone else has come back to this thread I was dying to talk about my theories but no one else seemed interested anymore! I agree with you. I personally feel like *maybe, just maybe* the fourteenth is more a title, and one representing a rebel against the Earl at that. I think, that if Allen was to lose, he'd not completely disappear but Neah would take over, and he would use the host body to achieve his goals. If he's still the same Neah as 35 years ago, then his 'goal' would almost certainly be to finish what he started and kill the Earl. We know he wants to be Millenium Earl, but we have no clues as to why.

I see why you'd think it's love related, but I think Road's part is more supportive than central. I don't think it's because of her or his feelings for her or anything; otherwise we'd seen things a little more central around her. Why would he kill all the other noah? I would have figured he'd only go for Sheryl and maybe the Earl so he can be Earl instead.

I love that someone else is asking so many questions, because honestly this series now has so many twists and turns, how can you NOT try to guess where it's going?! Now I don't want to be a bummer but with all this build up, I sort of feel like Allen really might lose. But of course, something will *probably* happen allowing them both to be present (Link's involvement, anyone?)

D.Gray-man Wait, we can title these things?

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryLulzJam View Post
    Oh wow so glad finally someone else has come back to this thread I was dying to talk about my theories but no one else seemed interested anymore! I agree with you. I personally feel like *maybe, just maybe* the fourteenth is more a title, and one representing a rebel against the Earl at that. I think, that if Allen was to lose, he'd not completely disappear but Neah would take over, and he would use the host body to achieve his goals. If he's still the same Neah as 35 years ago, then his 'goal' would almost certainly be to finish what he started and kill the Earl. We know he wants to be Millenium Earl, but we have no clues as to why.

I see why you'd think it's love related, but I think Road's part is more supportive than central. I don't think it's because of her or his feelings for her or anything; otherwise we'd seen things a little more central around her. Why would he kill all the other noah? I would have figured he'd only go for Sheryl and maybe the Earl so he can be Earl instead.

I love that someone else is asking so many questions, because honestly this series now has so many twists and turns, how can you NOT try to guess where it's going?! Now I don't want to be a bummer but with all this build up, I sort of feel like Allen really might lose. But of course, something will *probably* happen allowing them both to be present (Link's involvement, anyone?)
    But this also raises the another question, is being the 14th (This is assuming it's a title) related to the Black Order somehow in way that hasn't been explain yet? IE, since the guy (Zhu i think his name was) passed on his Atuuda and said "I turned you into the fourteenth" is it possible that maybe it's related to his family's legacy? Was the 14th originally meant for something different? Sadly, only time will tell (That and the next issue of the manga) when these questions will get answered. Or, maybe it is related to the Black Order is some completely different way? For all we know, the 14th was the name of the guy that cleans up the messes left by the protagonists.
    *Shrugs* Just, saiyan.
    *Crickets*
    *Slap*
    Ahem, ah, if the title was for someone that fights against the Earl then why hasn't there been any mention of it? I think that (Possibly) it might be the title for when a Noah betrays the Earl, as it seems highly unlikely that every single Noah over the past 35 years have been just as loyal as dogs, hell even some dogs betray their masters. As so far it seems that Allen is the only Exorcist to become a Noah (Maybe it had happened prior to the incident with the 14th? We don't know much about the Noah's past, do we? Maybe Tykki was an Exorcist at one point).
    I have something that is just a theory as to why that might be wrong.
    Tykki says "Our inner Noah" during the whole incident with the Ark after Skinn Bolic dies, so, it seems to me that maybe the Noah's that are on the Earl's side are actually in control of their Noah side, since it seems to me that Tykki was acting on his own. But, are they truly in control is the question.
    Maybe the reason that Tykki *seems* to have control over his inner Noah is because they both have the same goal in mind, after all a peaceful co-existence is when both sides don't hate each other and can sometimes help each other.
    And somewhat Symbiotic at that.
    Or maybe the human aspect to Tykki has been completely over run by the Noah's instincts, and controls him from afar. Who knows? I certainly don't.
    Something of interest to note, is that since the 14th's memories erodes its host memories it might be possible that it could corrupt the hosts morals as well. After all, what would have happened to Allen had he never had a "Loving hand?" (Mana) He would have grown up bitter, no doubt about that.
    (Don't forget that Mana was there when Allen had no one else, since the owner of the circus abused him, or at least from what i remember, and put him in the cages with the lions. Or something like that. And since Mana was the one that taught him to keep moving forward, and never stop walking until the day he was dead he would lose his determination and give up. He would become impressionable and Neah could easily use that to his advantage. This is a theory though, you never how just *how* his memory would degenerate, would it degenerate from the present to the past, or vice versa?).
    While i agree that Neah would try and kill the Earl, i don't really understand his battle plan. After all, if Neah was smart he would have waited until the Black Order was geting closer to the Earl, after all Neah would have to kill all the other Noah (Rhode, Tykki, etc etc) to accomplish his goal, so why not wait until Allen was stronger and had beaten the other Noah? Why not exact revenge just as they were about to beat the Earl? (IE Neah takes over Allen and strikes the Earl down) It seems to me that Neah knows something that the Order doesn't, and so far it seems to the me the only thing that the Order doesn't knw about is the purpose of Akuma.
    The Earl says he wants the Exorcists to continue not knowing what they are, or what they stand for (Somethign like that), so, it is presumable that killing the Akuma is only helping the Earl in some unknown way. The Akuma are getting more and more human like, and it is powered by the soul of a deceased person, plus the Akuma get a consciousness of their own, so is it possible the Earl made Akuma to REVIVE someone? Is the Earl doing what he's doing out of love? Another thing that i heard that seems like BS is that the Earl is possibly Allen from the future. While it makes some sense, it does feel stupid as a idea, interesting, but stupid none the less.
    But back to the revive thing, the Earl doesn't seem like the loving type to me, but, is that only furthering why he's doing it? After all, in the end we might found out that Earl is doing this just to get laid.
    Hey, lust is a strong emotion man.
    And, possibly, if Neah knew that the Earl was doing (Well, he probably does) with Akuma, and it was to revive someone, maybe he'd do it to revive his previous body? A form of self reincarnation when you think about it.
    Or maybe he'd do it to revive someone he loves and all that sappy stuff.
    Your statement isn't really saying why i'm wrong, you're just giving me a better perspective and everything. Yes, she's more of a supportive character, but, since the show is story driven and not character driven, it would be a hell of a plot twist if the 14th just kissed Road out of the blue, and announced that he loves her.
    It'd certainly kick Lenalee-the-drama-queen in the face. Pun intended.
    I don't really think that it would be centred around her if it was about his love for her, because, it's as i said, it would be a hell of plot twists if he said "I love Road" out of the blue. The best plot twists are -usually- the ones you don't see coming.
    If he didn't kill the other Noah, they'd kill him. The fact is, the 14th wants to kill the Earl, and all the other Noah have sworn their loyalty to him. So, therefore, i can dedouce that he will probably have to kill them to get at the Earl.
    It would be very, very interesting if both Allen and the 14th coincided with each other, after all, Neah's a Noah, and Allen's an Exorcist. They would naturally be at odds with each other, which would be pretty freakin' hilarious to see Allen fight himslef might i add.
    So picture this, Allen puts teh moves on Lenalee, since they are blatantly in love with each other, and then the 14th takes over and says that Lenalee looks fat in the Black Order uniform.

Best. Idea. EVARZ.
    I don't know just how Link could help or interfere in this situation, besides stabbing Allen with innocence so that he can draw the Noah to the surface like a moth to a flame.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryLulzJam View Post
    I'm reading that there will be a possible delay or lack of release or something with this chapter, can anyone verify?
    Yep. Appearantly Hoshino is sick, and the next one won't be released until June 4th.

Edit: This is actually not a prediction of what will happen in terms of the next issue, but instead what will happen in the future.
    Now, if everyone can remember al the way back to episode 48 of the D Gray man Anime, back when the girl predicted the future was introduced.
    Her prediction of the future showed her in a Exorcist coat, but, if anyone remembers she never became an Exorcist, so, there's 2 ways of interpreting this:
    1. There may be a way to restore Innocence, as Allen has shown Innocence can in fact come back to the owner, but as any other reader would tell you "Yeah, well Allen has the heart (Maybe)" that still means there is a possibility that at a later date somehow Innocence might come back to its owner of its own accord for other Exorcists. After all, she may become an official Exorcist during the last part of the Manga (IE when the series is about to finish) as it might explain why everyone is supposedly "dead" around her. Final boss and everything.
    2. That predicting the future changed it. I think that this is most likely wrong becuase as the grand father to said female accomadater said "Everyone of her predictions came true". So, that means even though people knew of the future they still weren't able to change it.
    At least, this is my two cents.
    Edit2: Since i'm rewatching anime as something to pass the time, i noticed something.
    In episode 51 of the anime Lenalee acts, supsicious to say the least.
    When she talks right before the trip on the boat, on the phone, she addresses Reever by his position instead of his name, and she also knows that Komui is sleeping even though she isn't there.
    Komui might i add isn't absolved from this either, in the episode where Lenalee almost drowns Komui somehow "Feels" almost with a sixth sense that she's dead.
    Allen also might i add senses of a sort that she "Died".
    I smell a conspiracy.
    Last edited by DR34DNOISE; 05-26-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: I spelled Hoshino's name wrong/added more text. YAY