Trivium bleach AMV

new video i made just looking for some feedback!

Thread Killer
    sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Approx01 View Post
    sucks.
    Feedback this is not. Reasons are needed to why it sucks.

I personally think its a bit plain, not much has been done to it but music being put over it and the video was sped up, which has been done with a million AMVs. Try editing the video in other ways.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Thread Killer

Thumbs down

Considering the guy registered on this forum just to plug his new:(read 3 month old), shitty video? I think it's perfect feedback.

It would be totally different if a poster with say 100 posts or so wanted to show the community his or her attempt at making a video.

aggeroff thanks for taking the time to watch and tell me what you think. most of what i was doing was trying to match the tempo of the fight with the music with the speeding up, slowing down, and the one instance of reversing the video track i did(still a bit new to this). i was also aiming at matching the subs in the scenes i chose with the lyrics.

approx01 while i would have been happy to hear WHY you thought it sucked you appear to be to ignorant(see TOOL) to be able to do this. of course i made an account here their seems to be a fairly active community and seeing as iv never had a video to seek feed back about iv never needed to have an account for such. try to keep up.

Thread Killer
    Wow, where to start. First of all what's the point of the video? What message are you trying to tell the people watching the video? All I see are a bunch of random scenes stitched together. I'm assuming you like the song and wanted to just put some action to it. You need to pick your message before your song otherwise you'll be sending mixed messages ON TOP of your already garbled presentation.

did you not listen to to the lyrics at all? "Breaking through the Structures, I unfold at my Disgrace" "I burst, not bleed I'm pulled into the undertow I burst, not bleed I'm swallowed by the great below" "I'm digging deeper To lay my misery down" "A grey so dark It moves in silence and kills" if you cant find any of that synonymous with ichigo fighting his hallowfication i dont even know what to say.
    "I'm digging deeper To lay my misery down Into the water So that it may drown" mirrors his struggle with trying to contain and or eradicate the hold his hallow side has.
    and at the end of the video as ichigo receives the cero to his chest just as the song is transitioning from "A grey so dark I lose myself and embrace the End" to "A grey so dark(Still blinding me)"and goes full on beast mode matches well.
    that is ALL message right their. now you can deffinatly say that im not the best or great by any means at editing videos and perhaps how i lined up some scenes may not have come across as i intended or were sloppy. however the entire video, which fight i chose, even the fact that i picked bleach over some other anime were all done based on the song.

dont get me wrong i appreciate the feedback.. i just feel like you missed everything i was trying to say with the video.
    Last edited by isadecepticon; 04-08-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: spelling errors and trying not to come across as some form of donkey

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by isadecepticon View Post
    i just feel like you missed everything i was trying to say with the video.
    Everyone did.

I found the lyrics for the song and I read them. The song doesn't paint a message. Are you implying that Ichigo is fighting an inner turmoil against his hollow self and ultimately gives into the power once he realizes he is too weak otherwise? If so, then you should find scenes that actually lead that direction. If you are going to use video that includes English subs, make sure that the subs are relevant to your story. When you make a video and you use an emotional song like you did, you need to actually focus on the emotions.

For example; find a scene that has dialog in it that would build and reinforce your argument. Slow the scene down if needed so that it builds the right suspense or shows the correct emotion. DO NOT briefly show someone with an emotional face and then continue on with 40 seconds of an attack releasing, or someone else holding back that attack. The result is a whole lot of filler and you've already lost the initial message you were trying to create.

Also the video doesn't offer any closure to the story you are telling. There are some really great scenes of Ichigo tearing off Ulquiorra's arm and leg and such where it shows that Ichigo truly loses himself.
    Example: http://images.wikia.com/bleach/en/im...'s_arm.jpg

You could even use the scene that shows Ichigo doing an animalistic point-blank cero.

1. Remove the subs. It's a faux pas unless you consciously want text to be there e.g.

2. For such a fast song you need way more scene switching and things going on.

3. It's been done thousand times before. It lacks originality and effort.

4. The lyrics and video scenes do not connect. If you want to say something or paint a message, you need to focus on the song structure and pick scenes thereafter, e.g. my AMV that also needs major polishing, especially scene switching but the point is mostly to show that I am capable of telling a story:

I want to add that despite that I think my AMV is kind of average (as I said, it still needs major polishing), I use some very powerful tools to create a connection between lyrics and video, which includes sync timing, lip syncing, flashes, scene changes, tempo shifts and scenes that represent the words spoken (eye, showing eye) to create a connection betwen lyrics and video and paint an overall message. Also notice how I show scenes relevant to the shifts in the song e.g. the sun of the sun (hah, it's not but a waterbubble but creativity can led you to such things) and drag out the scenery to reflect that we're now moving into the climax of the song etc. You need to study and work with these things far more than you do, not just speed up and down scenes a bit.

It took me days to finish my AMV, and that's the amount of time and effort you must put into it as well.

EDIT
    I want to add that when you sync it's not just that scenes must be sped up, but that events occuring in these scenes must sync with events in the music. It's perfect to put a scene transition on a very obvious beat for example. Study how studios create OPs in particular (Bleach is a good example actually) and how events in the OP match the events of the music. I think Velonica (OP 9) for Bleach is a good example but so is Change (OP 10).

The better you get the more complicated stuff you can add with layers, like having one scene match one beat and another a different one.

This is another one of my very much unfinished and apparently forever to be unfinished projects but you get the gist of what I've been doing and what I'm trying to do:

Some video editors work with one portion of the song at a time and finish that, others like me, work all over the place. How you work depends on you but make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to do.
    Last edited by LeaT; 04-11-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Now that's a reply from Leat right there, and I agree with everything he said. I just got to say Leat, I don't think anyone, EVER, could find a more fitting song than Papercut to match the events in the AMV. Fits perfectly with Ichigo's inner battle, nicely done!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you