View Poll Results: Will sasuke be blinded by naruto?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • No

8 72.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Personally, I think there's a strong chance Naruto and Sasuke will both die in the end. Sasuke will be redeemed by his actions in the final battle (after losing to Naruto prior to that), but I don't see their bloodlines continuing beyond them. I think a major thing Kishi's been getting at, especially recently, is that the Rikudou left behind Ninjutsu, entrusted to his two bloodlines, to leave his protection help humanity mature. However, the Ninjutsu system and the existence of such powerful techniques is now simply perpetuating hatred, and the "bad guys" are all scrambling to collect all the pieces of what the Rikudou left behind. Rather than being the hero's Rinnegan facing the evil Juubi, it is now only Naruto, a Jinchuuriki, who is capable of fending off evil Doujutsu users and protecting humanity. Things have come full circle; together, Naruto and Sasuke have the powers of both halves of the Rikudou Sage, and it is their job to end the cycle and perish with Tobi/Madara, without leaving behind their powers for others to collect.

I'd like a happier ending, too. However, a major theme in this manga is that it's not how a Shinobi lives, but how he/she dies that is important. In my opinion, it almost would feel incomplete if Naruto himself didn't make an equally heroic sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Personally, I think there's a strong chance Naruto and Sasuke will both die in the end. Sasuke will be redeemed by his actions in the final battle (after losing to Naruto prior to that), but I don't see their bloodlines continuing beyond them. I think a major thing Kishi's been getting at, especially recently, is that the Rikudou left behind Ninjutsu, entrusted to his two bloodlines, to leave his protection help humanity mature. However, the Ninjutsu system and the existence of such powerful techniques is now simply perpetuating hatred, and the "bad guys" are all scrambling to collect all the pieces of what the Rikudou left behind. Rather than being the hero's Rinnegan facing the evil Juubi, it is now only Naruto, a Jinchuuriki, who is capable of fending off evil Doujutsu users and protecting humanity. Things have come full circle; together, Naruto and Sasuke have the powers of both halves of the Rikudou Sage, and it is their job to end the cycle and perish with Tobi/Madara, without leaving behind their powers for others to collect.

I'd like a happier ending, too. However, a major theme in this manga is that it's not how a Shinobi lives, but how he/she dies that is important. In my opinion, it almost would feel incomplete if Naruto himself didn't make an equally heroic sacrifice.
    Famous, I'd never thought much of the Cycle of Hatred motif that Kishi brought into the story for the simple fact that it is Clearly Wrong. One can, without thinking too hard, poke giant holes all over the idea. The very existence of the Alliance demonstrates that the cycle of Hatred can be addressed and overcome.

As for the benefits of ending the Senju/Uchiha bloodlines, consider the fact that mankind is fully capable of creating world ending weapons and Jutsus all by themselves, without the Rikudou's bloodline or Bijuus (Tsuchikage's dust technique is scary awesome).

As I see it, if Naruto and Sasuke were to die, then without a charismatic leader like Naruto to show the way, humanity would simply shrug their shoulders and resume their greed, and hatred. I fully expect Kishi to back away from the cycle of hatred as an underpinning principle in the Manga. Indeed, by the time Madara is finally defeated, there will be only one person with the clout and support to be able to re-write the laws, and change how humans in Naruto have lived, and that would be Naruto himself.

As I see it, Sasuke's redemption is essential if only to underscore the fact that Naruto has changed the world system, and the cycle of hatred has indeed been finally broken.

Finally this is a Shonen manga. Therefore, the childhood dream of the main character naruto (to become the greatest Hokage), Just Has to happen. Yeah! Think about it, there are Thousands of bright eyed little Japanese Kids all waiting with Baited breath, for Naruto to finally become the hokage. Do you really think that Kishimoto would really take that away from them by killing him off, after they/we have waited so many years to see it happen? I think not....
    Last edited by paulbee; 06-19-2012 at 07:03 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I just want to point out that its clear redemption is not a theme which can still apply to sasuke. Redemption is for madara, you can't introduce such a character with his history of treacherous deeds and grabbing for power, introduce him as being on a level so much higher than anyone else, all thanks to his philosophy and alignment to the things naruto stands against and still say sasuke needs to be redeemed. All sasuke did was run away from home, disrespect his elders and dreamed of revenge for something he couldn't understand. A firm spanking and a few weeks bootcamp will set him
    Straight.

Madara is the only character to truly not be reached. Even oro would get discomfort around naruto in a subtle shade of self honesty. Sasuke's redemption is just a sad idea to keep expecting n ow that itachi has shown him the path to being a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    I just want to point out that its clear redemption is not a theme which can still apply to sasuke. Redemption is for madara, you can't introduce such a character with his history of treacherous deeds and grabbing for power, introduce him as being on a level so much higher than anyone else, all thanks to his philosophy and alignment to the things naruto stands against and still say sasuke needs to be redeemed. All sasuke did was run away from home, disrespect his elders and dreamed of revenge for something he couldn't understand. A firm spanking and a few weeks bootcamp will set him
    Straight.

Madara is the only character to truly not be reached. Even oro would get discomfort around naruto in a subtle shade of self honesty. Sasuke's redemption is just a sad idea to keep expecting n ow that itachi has shown him the path to being a hero.
    Sasuke is right now (currently) on a path which leads him to the attempted destruction of Konoha, and the murder of everyone who lives there. You might say that "A firm spanking and a few weeks bootcamp will set him
    Straight ", but who is going to be able to do all that, and can it be done without killing Sasuke assuming anyone is even able to kill him?.

Redemption for Sasuke will be to turn him from the path of Hatred, Vengeance, and intended murder, without taking his life and to help him to return to being a good guy.

Madara on the other hand is the architect of much evil who relishes and revels in power and domination of others. He may trully be beyond redemption.

well, i do kinda agree with you paulbee, i do think however that it has to come at the cost of sasuke's life in some way, bcoz i cant see any way for sasuke to return to his old life, i see no way that he will return to his old life at all, i think its impossible but it is entirely possible for sasuke to be redeemed through his death but with that said, a part of me wants sasuke to live, bcoz if he does then he will be the one that ends up with sakura and naruto will end up with hinata which is kind of a dream scenario for me in that department but if sasuke dies then sakura will most likely end up with naruto which i dont really want but in the end its kishi's decision and if sasuke survives he needs to make it atleast plausible that he would survive.

well, we dont actually know for sure if madara is the architect of all the evil, all we know is that tobi(not madara as in edo madara) that has caused all this, and we dont know for sure where tobi comes from, we do have our suspecions tho but no verification. Tobi can still be any1's guest, be it a self modified human or a creation of some currently unknown person.

I came across this Thread from 1 year ago while I was browsing around in sheer boredom.

I have to point out that Sasuke indeed Has made a turn about. I think that it's more or less evident that he will survive, and thrive. I do believe that Naruto and Sasuke represent the new version of Hashirama and Madara, but unlike Madara, Sasuke will make a better choice and be completely redeemed by Naruto. In other words, Naruto's feelings will reach Sasuke eventually. In fact, Naruto's feellings have already started to reach Sasuke, especially when he was in telepathic link through Uno's power.

The last thing I'll hope for/predict is for the revival of some of the Uchiha who died by using the Juubi's power. As for a final battle between Sasuke and Naruto, well it's possible, but neither will seek the death of the other, they may battle for Hokageship. Furthermore, If the Juubi's power can be used to revive some of the Uchiha, then I suspect there won't be any fight at all. This was after all, the price Sasuke had demanded all along.

It's a little early to say for sure right now, but I can see where Sasuke can enter Naruto's Kyuubi shroud, or Naruto enter Susanoo, the two may fist bump (or not), and together form a perfect Sage of Six Paths, a union of the bloodlines by a Senju/Uzumaki that surpases or equals Hashirama, and an Uchiha that Surpasses or equals Madara. They'll be further boosted by The Kyuubi, Senjutsu, and the 9 names.

They'll repair the world, and destroy Madara (Obito would have been long gone), maybe revive some of the dead from the war using Rinne Tensei. Naruto will receive the blessings of all the 5 Kages, and 4 Hokages, and he will start everything anew. A rewind, a second chance for Hashirama's dream.
    Last edited by paulbee; 09-30-2013 at 03:36 AM.

I know this goes against the entire manga, but honestly, Its gotten tiring seeing Naruto chase after him. I wouldn't mind an ending where Naruto kills him. Not happening, sure, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting this.

When the dust clears, this would leave a bad taste as it contradicts the entire character of Naruto, but it really seems like a lost cause, and I would've killed him years ago if I was in that position.

On a side note, a war-less world is an Ideal that will never happen. Sure Naruto might stabilize the world for his generation, but I wonder if history will repeat after the series ends.

Quote Originally Posted by cypriottiger View Post
    hey all, just a random thought
    we all know sasuke will be redeemed in the end but what about his physical state?
    i think an epic ending would involve naruto blinding sasuke, then sakura transplants regular eyes
    it would mean that whatever kids sakura and sasuke have still retain those sharingan genes, so its not as though the bloodline is ended, and also that naruto is clearly the strongest in the world.
    thoughts?
    I really hope that it doesn't end with Naruto clearly being the most powerful in the world, that would make it a lame stereotypical shounen ending. I would actually rather see Sasuke end up stronger than Naruto in the end. Part of the great thing about Naruto is that it hasn't fully conformed to a lot of the other cliches that limit the less intelligent Shonens. I enjoyed Dragonball Z in many ways but it had the depth of a puddle and Goku was the poster boy for the the stupid, illogically overpowered Shonen nice guy. I want Naruto to be more than just the loud mouthed brat who saved the world with good will, love power ups, cheesy dialog and unlimited power. I want Naruto to make truly difficult choices and win with more than just an absurd power up. Heroes aren't just people who win, being a hero often means loosing everything.

I think it would be far more interesting if in the end Naruto gave up a major chunk of his power to restore balance to the world. Think about it, right now, a huge amount of Naruto's power comes from Kurama and once he gets both halves of Kurama an even larger percentage of his power will come from Kurama. Yet, Kurama's power is part of the God Tree. As the Sage of the Six Path's said the Bijuu will eventually be one again. People assume that Naruto will do what the Sage did and become the Juubi's Jinnchuuriki but I don't think that will happen, at least not for long. In the end the Sage could not protect the world from the Juubi permanently, that was his great failure. That is the problem that Naruto has to fix, Naruto has to do what the Sage couldn't. Naruto has already shown that it is his empathy and willingness to work with the Bijuu rather than simply control them that separates him from Madara, Obito and others like them. The Juubi might not be a malicious creature but rather a powerful force that has been abused and provoked into violence. Naruto was able to tame the Kyuubi because he tried to understand it and help it to heal. I think that Naruto should eventually return the Kyuubi's power back to its source and restoring balance. That will make him much weaker but I think that would be better than him simply becoming the Juubi's Jinnchuriki and winning through the use of unlimited power.

Sasuke's power is tied to his ever evolving bloodline, it isn't as strongly dependent on an eternal force like the Kyuubi. For Sasuke to loose his power by getting blinded, it just seems like an overly simplistic way of pacifying him. If Sasuke were simply blinded and changed his ways because he could no longer compete in terms of power it would be a weak victory. If that were how Sasuke were defeated I would rather just see him get killed. I think that in the end it should be Naruto's example of selflessness that truly convinces Sasuke to change his ways not his overwhelming power. I think it would be refreshing to see Sasuke obtain the power necessary to be the ultimate Villain if he chose but to have Naruto change Sasuke's mind by being a better man and/or by giving up the power that he could have used to defeat Sasuke.

So far the bottom line has been he who has the power makes the rules. Sasuke has seen the might is right philosophy prevail his entire life. Sasuke seeks power because he thinks that if he becomes the most powerful he can fix everything by force. Naruto needs to do something different, to be something different. If Naruto ended up becoming another Sage of Six Paths it would be a huge letdown. I would rather see Sasuke complete the Sage's bloodline and discover that even with all that power, its not enough to fix things. You can't always control nature, you have to work with it, you have to give back to it.

There is a part of the Sage's prophesy to the Tailed beasts that has stuck to my mind. That is when he said, "Shukaku, Matatabi, Isobu, Son Goku, Kokuou, Saike, Choumei, Gyuuki, Kurama..

You will always be together even if you are separated, and one day You will all become one. With different names..In different forms than you exist now.... When the time comes, for you to know what true power is... "

I think the key to this prophecy is the quote "When the time comes for you to know what true power is". Now in this Manga true power is not something a person achieves all by himself, it something that your comrades help you with by doing something that you are not able to do.

If the Bijuu thought that the prophesy related to Naruto, then Naruto will probably be the one to teach the Bijuu true power, but it will not be accomplished by Naruto alone. He is gonna need Sasuke.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-01-2013 at 12:23 PM.