1 6.67%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Novel what novel?

In any case at least it should be beyond any doubt that Halibel was a Vasto Lorde if she became the new Queen of HM.
    The title of the short novel was "Nestle to Night" By Matsubara Makoto and Kubo Tite... it depicts the aftermath of the battle at FKT through halibel and her fraccion if i'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Well... No. There are no Vasto Lordes. None that were among the Espada, anyway. She was just the most powerful Arrancar remaining after Stark and Barragan died, so she assumed control after Aizen.
    Am I misunderstanding something or are you saying that in espada there were no arrancars that were VL at their hollow time? Because that would be wrong... I'm sure Ulquiorra was VL and Harribel as well...
    ---------
    ...You Know?..

^ Harribel was confirmed Vasto Lorde in the anime, but many people don't tend to see the anime as a reliable source.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

I thought one of the characteristics of being a VL was being human-like, not just human sized. None of them looked like humans too much, with all kinds of weird weapon parts grafted on to them and stuff, Stark was the closest I think but he did get beat pretty easy so he might not be a VL either
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    ^ Harribel was confirmed Vasto Lorde in the anime, but many people don't tend to see the anime as a reliable source.
    I know I just thought...since Ulquiorra was VL it would make sense if all espada above 4 were VL.. (though I have no idea what Yammy was) Besides, Kubo sometimes helped them create fillers (character design at least - I read somewhere but can't find now) maybe that episode was...consulted with him?? ahh, whatever, I guess I'm just desperately trying to prove my point.
    ---------
    ...You Know?..

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was only her fraccion that thought she was a VL (in the anime). It was never confirmed beyond that. Same goes for everyone else. None of the Espada were mentioned to be anything higher than Adjuchas class.
    Last edited by Afro Thunda; 04-06-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Well... No. There are no Vasto Lordes. None that were among the Espada, anyway. She was just the most powerful Arrancar remaining after Stark and Barragan died, so she assumed control after Aizen.
    I'm not buying this, Barragan was the former King of HM I'm sure he was Vasto Lorde as was Stark and Halibel.
    Ulq is probably one too his head piece fits the silhouette of a VL from before. There may be other VL that didnt join up and may be added into the story later.

Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post
    The title of the short novel was "Nestle to Night" By Matsubara Makoto and Kubo Tite... it depicts the aftermath of the battle at FKT through halibel and her fraccion if i'm not mistaken
    Thanks yeah I found it was part of the 3rd Bleach Databook. Anyone interested can read the full translation here: Nestle to Night

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I'm not buying this, Barragan was the former King of HM I'm sure he was Vasto Lorde as was Stark and Halibel.
    Ulq is probably one too his head piece fits the silhouette of a VL from before.
    Yet, not a single one was confirmed to have been a VL in or out of the manga, before or after death. And for good reason too. Cuz the top Espada were killed off (with exception of Halibel) in their very first serious battles. There's no way Kubo would suddenly reveal they were VLs now. And now he's got Halibel beaten by some new dudes, and I bet you the guys who captured her weren't pushing fabled VL power levels when it all went down.

If Kubo wanted to show us that the top 3 Espada were VLs, he would have done more with them than give them one battle where they are destined to lose. Hell, he would have made them all fight Ichigo since characters only get real quality showtime when they're beating the hell out of him (Ulquiorra, Grimmjow).

Quote Originally Posted by POW
    There may be other VL that didnt join up and may be added into the story later.
    If Aizen had actually run into any VLs, he'd have forced them to join his cause. There's no question about this. He'd go through the trouble of tracking them down throughout the vastness of Hueco Mundo, only to turn around and go home when the VLs say no? That's not a very Aizen-like thing for Aizen to do.

As usual, I will start by posting the refereed page:
    Spoiler!

They are extremely small around the size of a human, there aren't many of them, and the last part could have been referring to their potential and not actual skills, since supposedly hollows can indefinitely grow by eating souls, at least that's what most shinigami believed at that time.

Spoiler!

Here he even says that it's hard to imagine how strong they are, since they are so rare. Not only that, he says that if Aizen had Arrancarized more than 10 VL, then SS would be doomed, but Hitsugaya himself said that there might not even be 10 of them in the whole HM before. At least that's what I think he meant, transforming hollows on VL level and not acquiring Arrancars at VL level.

BTW, I was rereading some chapters and I found some interesting things that I would like to brought up now .

Remember the twin hollow that Ishida was fighting after he lost his power ?:
    Spoiler!

Those were actually (uncompleted ?) arrancars since both of them have broken masks and we can see a portion of their real faces (I suppose Orihime's bro could have been one as well ;P). I think that I missed it originally ;p.

Arrancars swords are Soul Cutters as well, since Ulq himself called it that (at some point there was a debate about that):
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I wonder who are those "we" that Ishin spoke of, the SS, or... It seems quite strange that he knew so little about them even though he was cooperating with Urahara...

Spoiler!

Hiyori said that she hates humans, but I don't think that she meant the normal ones, but the Fullbringers, since beside them only Quincy (who were supposedly extinct) could have seen ghosts (and have some battle powers).

Spoiler!

Looks like Ryuuken's real intention was to protect Ishida from the Quincy Emperor.

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    As usual, I will start by posting the refereed page:
    Spoiler!

They are extremely small around the size of a human, there aren't many of them, and the last part could have been referring to their potential and not actual skills, since supposedly hollows can indefinitely grow by eating souls, at least that's what most shinigami believed at that time.

Spoiler!

Here he even says that it's hard to imagine how strong they are, since they are so rare. Not only that, he says that if Aizen had Arrancarized more than 10 VL, then SS would be doomed, but Hitsugaya himself said that there might not even be 10 of them in the whole HM before. At least that's what I think he meant, transforming hollows on VL level and not acquiring Arrancars at VL level.

BTW, I was rereading some chapters and I found some interesting things that I would like to brought up now .

Remember the twin hollow that Ishida was fighting after he lost his power ?:
    Spoiler!

Those were actually (uncompleted ?) arrancars since both of them have broken masks and we can see a portion of their real faces (I suppose Orihime's bro could have been one as well ;P). I think that I missed it originally ;p.

Arrancars swords are Soul Cutters as well, since Ulq himself called it that (at some point there was a debate about that):
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I wonder who are those "we" that Ishin spoke of, the SS, or... It seems quite strange that he knew so little about them even though he was cooperating with Urahara...

Spoiler!

Hiyori said that she hates humans, but I don't think that she meant the normal ones, but the Fullbringers, since beside them only Quincy (who were supposedly extinct) could have seen ghosts (and have some battle powers).

Spoiler!

Looks like Ryuuken's real intention was to protect Ishida from the Quincy Emperor.
    Going to dogtail on your post.
    Chapter 186:
    http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Ble...186-12.jpg.php
    You'll notice that King Fisher has a sword on his back. Also the next page Ichigo asks "why can i see his face?" And the next chapter it's revealed that he is an arrancar.

Chapter 187:
    http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Ble...187-09.jpg.php
    Ichigo is a true blood!

Chapter 188:
    http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Ble...188-10.jpg.php
    Isshin is saying that they are preparing for a war against Aizen too.

Chapter 197:
    http://www.bleachanime.org/manga/Ble...197-17.jpg.php
    Basically says that all the Espada are Vasto Lorde. Or atleast 8 of them are if you include Gin and Tosen.