Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Viz makes Naruto downloadable

As the title says Viz are going to start offering downloads. You can read more about it at the link below:
    Click me!

Now here is the potential problem, Viz are offering english dub(pah!) and subbed episodes for a price. Yes they are charging for the privilege. Anyone want to bet that they start to go after fansubbers for infringement of copyright? After all, these guys are potentially denying them a goldmine.
    Last edited by Woofcat; 11-20-2007 at 02:36 AM. Reason: fixed url
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

It's pretty normal for Viz to have subbed ones, since their DVD's contain

Languages: Japanese, English

Subtitles: English

Link isn't working...
    And if this is true, this is definately bad for the fansubbers, as you said. Who is going to pay for Subs that are probably only halfway through the series, when you can get all the subs to all the episodes for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Link isn't working...
    And if this is true, this is definately bad for the fansubbers, as you said. Who is going to pay for Subs that are probably only halfway through the series, when you can get all the subs to all the episodes for free?
    There's still people whom don't know the great world of fansubbing and people who prefer professionals taking care of the translations .

^ I personally hate the "professional fansubbings, for a couple reasons, including those ugly pixelated yellow subtitles. (Which is what they use most of the time, from what I've seen.)

White and smooth fonts always are the best, like the ones dattebayo uses...
    normal fonts like they use on tv are quite annoying.. especially if theres no anti-alias on the font... It's so annoying if it looks like the fonts are made in mspaint...

^ Yeah, thats how I see it. And not only that, but I personally like all the little references that fansubber's use, like explaining a japanese word, or something.

If they were up to date (released episodes/chapters within a day or two after they come out in Japan), and offered manga / anime for download at a fixed monthly cost, I would gladly stop scanlating & downloading those anime to pay the fee.

The main reason groups like us exist is because of sheer unavailability. We don't want to wait months/years for the latest.

The ugly font subtitles are rendered by your DVD player, they can't hardcode anti-alias text onto it without having 2 different versions of the episode on the DVD, which means they would have to sell less episodes per dvd.

heh heh. this thought tickled me pink. since viz have a download service up and running (yes its already in place) a certain website that charges some of its users to download may have to have a major rethink about its practises. it makes me warn just thinking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by the hidden smog villager View Post
    heh heh. this thought tickled me pink. since viz have a download service up and running (yes its already in place) a certain website that charges some of its users to download may have to have a major rethink about its practises. it makes me warn just thinking about it
    Wow, that sites prices are absolutely horrible. One hundred bucks for one season of Naruto? The DVD's are even cheaper than that!