Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    This is a world of ninja where ninja kill people so how does that make Sasuke any different from anyone else fighting on the battlefield. They all have blood on their hands despite their reasoning for doing so with the exception of the younger generation.
    Thats true... But I just thought of something. Sasuke left the village, that automatically makes him a missing-nin, and as far as I know that he would be already marked with a standing kill order.
    http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereadi...erver=nas.html

Asshole becoming a villain... or is he already??

Villain or teenage angst? Kashi Make up your mind

EPIC!!!

Well, actually he could easily escape the death penalty for leaving the village by saying that the CS would kill him if he was to disobey Oro's orders or that he threatened him and his friends, or something along those lies, hey even that he was an agent under cover. Later on, he could say that he was searching for the other missing nin as his top secret mission from Tsunade, really they could easily fool other villages that Sasuke was always on the "good" side.

I don't think that Sasuke is a villain, rather he has a villain-like intentions, but his actions doesn't match that of a Villain yet. For example what he currently did was:
    - killed a missing nin that tried to destroy the village - Oro (the outside world didn't know that Oro was alive until the moment that Itachi sealed him for eternity with additional genjutsu put on him),
    - killed a missing nin that annihilated his own clan - Itachi,
    - released tons of people imprisoned by Oro,
    - attacked the summit, his ex-teammates and the 8-tails jinchuriki to gain trust of Akatsuki's leader,
    - killed the enemy scout and it's clones,
    - currently fighting one of enemy's generals,
    - destroyed the enemy's hideout,
    - killed the Hokage usurper, who was found out to be trying to manipulate the people at the summit,
    - slaughtered a scout from the cloud village ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well, actually he could easily escape the death penalty for leaving the village by saying that the CS would kill him if he was to disobey Oro's orders or that he threatened him and his friends, or something along those lies, hey even that he was an agent under cover. Later on, he could say that he was searching for the other missing nin as his top secret mission from Tsunade, really they could easily fool other villages that Sasuke was always on the "good" side.

I don't think that Sasuke is a villain, rather he has a villain-like intentions, but his actions doesn't match that of a Villain yet. For example what he currently did was:
    - killed a missing nin that tried to destroy the village - Oro (the outside world didn't know that Oro was alive until the moment that Itachi sealed him for eternity with additional genjutsu put on him),
    - killed a missing nin that annihilated his own clan - Itachi,
    - released tons of people imprisoned by Oro,
    - attacked the summit, his ex-teammates and the 8-tails jinchuriki to gain trust of Akatsuki's leader,
    - killed the enemy scout and it's clones,
    - currently fighting one of enemy's generals,
    - destroyed the enemy's hideout,
    - killed the Hokage usurper, who was found out to be trying to manipulate the people at the summit,
    - slaughtered a scout from the cloud village ?
    didnt he also kill a bunch of samurai?

EPIC!!!

Sasuke is going to be redeemed, so his hands need to be clean. His good deeds by the end of the war will earn him a pardon by the ninja world, assuming Sasuke doesn't go on a killing spree or actually obtain his vengeance. The fact that he's holding to his promise to start his revenge with Naruto pretty much guarantee's that Sasuke's revenge will go no further. I doubt Kishi will get into the same shades of grey he got into with Nagato/Itachi.__

this is what bothers me, all that forshadowing with that recent chapter that had all the rookies heading to naruto and then sasuke looking murderous, i mean i will be pissed if sasuke DOESNT kill any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cypriottiger View Post
    this is what bothers me, all that forshadowing with that recent chapter that had all the rookies heading to naruto and then sasuke looking murderous, i mean i will be pissed if sasuke DOESNT kill any of them.
    There's no denying Sasuke's in a really dark state of mind right now. However, that murderous look on Sasuke's face was before he met Itachi, and Sasuke is definitely showing a lot more of his old self in front of Itachi.

It IS still obvious how Sasuke's fallen and differs from Itachi, though... throughout the fight against Kabuto, Sasuke has taken the "shoot first, ask questions later or never" approach. It shows Sasuke's instability, irrationality, impulsiveness, and all the other factors that are leading Sasuke to seek violence and revenge. I don't see these things changing; I think the fight will highlight the differences between Sasuke and Itachi, and thus the differences in the paths they intend to walk. However, it's worth noting that in many ways Sasuke has the potential to be a much more heroic character than Itachi, in the same way Naruto is more heroic than Minato or Jiraiya. Naruto and Sasuke do not compromise their beliefs, they act on what they know to be right. Tobi may have corrupted Sasuke, but he did so by using Sasuke's own notions of justice, honor, and honesty against him. Once Sasuke wakes up, he will do what Itachi couldn't and truly take action against Tobi. By siding with Naruto and defeating Tobi, the root of all hatred, Sasuke might truly "purify" his clan's name, ending the cycle of hatred that has plagued the Uchiha for generations.

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    There's no denying Sasuke's in a really dark state of mind right now. However, that murderous look on Sasuke's face was before he met Itachi, and Sasuke is definitely showing a lot more of his old self in front of Itachi.

It IS still obvious how Sasuke's fallen and differs from Itachi, though... throughout the fight against Kabuto, Sasuke has taken the "shoot first, ask questions later or never" approach. It shows Sasuke's instability, irrationality, impulsiveness, and all the other factors that are leading Sasuke to seek violence and revenge. I don't see these things changing; I think the fight will highlight the differences between Sasuke and Itachi, and thus the differences in the paths they intend to walk. However, it's worth noting that in many ways Sasuke has the potential to be a much more heroic character than Itachi, in the same way Naruto is more heroic than Minato or Jiraiya. Naruto and Sasuke do not compromise their beliefs, they act on what they know to be right. Tobi may have corrupted Sasuke, but he did so by using Sasuke's own notions of justice, honor, and honesty against him. Once Sasuke wakes up, he will do what Itachi couldn't and truly take action against Tobi. By siding with Naruto and defeating Tobi, the root of all hatred, Sasuke might truly "purify" his clan's name, ending the cycle of hatred that has plagued the Uchiha for generations.
    Wow Rlin, beautifully said, especially the part I put in bold, it's what I feel most Naruto readers have missed.

Naruto will never forget that it was Sasuke who first forsook his revenge by sacrificing his life for the sake of Naruto's life.

http://eatmanga.com/index.php/Manga-...&size=original

http://eatmanga.com/index.php/Manga-...&size=original

This is Sasuke's real self, the same noble soul who villains like Orochimaru and Tobi have tried desperately to corrupt, and to a certain extent, have suceeded; but even Orochimaru's feared Naruto's influence on Sasuke, the same influence that sparked Tobi's curiosity enough to meet him himself after converting Nagato.

If Sasuke is not redeemed, this manga will be a tragedy. Simple as that.

I think Naruto's will will be truly tested if Sasuke ever kills Iruka in front of Naruto.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

sasuke is nither hero or villain.

Villains and heroes have one thing in common, they both have philosopical ideas that drive them. Tobi/ madara and naruto all of which are driven by their own understanding of peace.

Sasuke has nothing of that mind set. Hes a 1 dimensional character simular to that of a chile that only worrys abbout his wants.

He more like a crazy person as oppose to an evil person abit like jugo.

I think that's an oversimplification of Sasuke's character he has good reason to be pissed considering everything he was ever told was a lie. He is a tragic character like Nagato who lost everything and was shaped by the darkness of the shinobi world.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Sasuke was an anti-hero for quite a while, up until, arguably, his killing(failed) of Karin. Now, he's paddling at the surface of villain territory and close to taking that plunge, but ever still, he's also close to leaving those waters forever, thereby returning to his true self.

Essentially, his actions are still based on avenging his brother, a true shinobi hero of Konoha. Justice.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif