Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No real indication Sasuke is a villain!

Hi there,

I've been searching the threads and I think what I wanna say here hasn't been spoken out explicitely yet.

When I tried to make up a possible end of the manga, I started to think what could happen to Sasuke since he is a criminal. I wanted to make a list of his crimes for starters. By then I realized that he did not commit any.

• OK, he joined Orochimaru, but in the end, he killed him. So clearly he did Konoha a favour.
    • And he killed Deidara. It is safe to assume that if one of the Konoha shinobis had crossed Deidara's paths, they would have tried to dispose of him, too - as Kakashi and Naruto intended to do during the "Safe-Gaara-Arc".
    • He killed (in a way) Itachi, but for all we know, he did not have long to live anyway.
    • And he supposedly killed White Zetsu. No blame here.

In short, he killed 3.5 members or former members of Akatsuki.

The only feet-on-the-ground crime Sasuke committed was killing Danzo. But is there really anybody who thinks that any Konoha-citizen will blame him for that? Mister "gimme-as-many-DNA-samples-you-can-muster-to-increase-my-strength" led root, and at least, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi, Yamato and Nara Shikaku did not trust him. And it's safe to assume that was just the tip of the iceberg. Danzo betrayed Konoha in more than one way: He did not support the Konoha-Nins during Pain's attack, he cooperated with Orochimaru, he sabotaged Yamato's, Naruto's, Sakura's and Sai's mission by giving Sai orders to contact Orochimaru, and there may be more. Sasuke killed a traitor of Konoha.

Right now he is trying to dispose of Kabuchimaru, Mister "I-gave-myself-as-many-DNA-samples-I-could-possibly-muster-to-increase-my-strength-and-use-everybody-so-that-I-can-still-utterly-fail-in-the-end". He makes the Manga way more interesting, but nobody will miss him.

What we can say for sure is that Sasuke is extremely good at failing to kill or at least capture people: He unsuccessfully tried to kidnap Killerbee, and he unsuccessfully attempted to kill Kakashi and Sakura. And I fear that he will also fail to kill Kabuchimaru.

I hypothesize that the question won't be how to redeem Sasuke in the end, but to come up with a good reason why he should need redemption.

The only thing is that I hope Kishi won't try to sell us something like "Sasuka was planning this all along." That would be a bit of a stretch.

I can't see Sasuke as anything but a villain. Lets see, he tried to kill Sakura, he almost killed karin to get to danzo and kill him, killed a hand full of Kumogakure ninjas.

While I can see your argument, he is purely motivated by revenge at all cost. He used up teammates until they are no longer useful, and let them be captured.

If he isnt a villain, what he is? Confused? Lost and aimless, willing to kill anyone who will attempt to stop him?

EPIC!!!

Something like that. I think it's obvious that Naruto will redeem Sasuke after their battle. And they will both turn on Tobi/Madara which is the real villain of the story. Imagine Naruto and Sasuke together against Tobi/Madara! Full nine tails cloak and Sasanoo in the same panel. I can clearly see it now

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Lakritze just a quick correction which actually helps your points.
    1 Sasuke never killed Danzo technically, Danzo use emo-no-jutsu to explode himself to deny anyone his stolen Sharingan.
    2 Sasuke didn't kill Itachi, he lost that fight it just happened that Itachi succumed to his Bird-flu(model crow)

The only crime Sasuke has commited that can't be forgiven is having an all round douche bag personality, so technically being a jerk isn' a crime
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Danzou was dying thats why he activated that jutsu so the Akatsuki didn't get their hands on Shisui eyes. So yes Sasuke did kill Danzou.

In any case the point is Sasuke is not meant to be too evil as other wise redeeming him may be bit more difficult. However it should be pointed out that in the shinobi world many are killed. Shinobi kill people during war and there are many grudges that exists due to betyrail like when the Sand attacked the leaf which lead to many deaths like Hayate killed by Baki.

If they can be forgiven than so can Sasuke.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    Doesn't matter that Danzo was dying, the point is that the final blow/cause of his death was himself. I think Kishi planned that carefully to make sure Sasuke's hands stayed unbloodied even if it was on a technicality
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Given the Chance, Sasuke would kill anyone and everyone from Konoha and anyone who would get in he way or stood in his way. Simple fact he as stated in the past.

Look, in order for this story of redemption for Sasuke to make any sense, he has to sink pretty low, otherwise its just Teenage angst on Sasuke's part.

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Doesn't matter that Danzo was dying, the point is that the final blow/cause of his death was himself. I think Kishi planned that carefully to make sure Sasuke's hands stayed unbloodied even if it was on a technicality

Does that matter he was dying hence he was dead anyway Sasuke made the fatal blow. He took a Chidori spear right through his heart there is no coming back from that. The same way Naruto Rasenshuriken effectively killed Kakuza who was just on his death bed as Kakashi finished it.

That's like saying Jiraiya died from drowning rather than Pain stabbing him with several blades.

Fire type

Mindf*cked
    I'm guessing since the iron country doesn't count as a ninja country, people don't give a damn about the countless samurai I'm fairly sure he killed there. He also attacked the kages en masse. If you point a gun at the president of a country, you automatically get a sentence greater than that of a mass rapist. Sasuke is a criminal and will most likely be killed or team up with naarto to kill toby and then say the whole crime crap was a plan.

This is a world of ninja where ninja kill people so how does that make Sasuke any different from anyone else fighting on the battlefield. They all have blood on their hands despite their reasoning for doing so with the exception of the younger generation.

Fire type