Persona 5 Officially Confirmed By Developers

Katsura Hashino, the director and producer for the PS2 role-playing games Persona 3 and Persona 4, has announced in a recent interview with Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation that they are beginning work on Persona 5, saying that "we are preparing to start work on the next Persona".

In August 2009, Sony's cell phone site listed Atlus video game composer Shoji Meguro as the producer of Persona 5, and numerous other rumors have said that the game would be released on the PlayStation 3.

Fans should expect some changes in the title, however. During the interview Hashino says they "want to add things that are being expected of the series", but "also want to change things that can be changed within those boundaries". As for what these changes might be, we will have to wait till Atlus releases more information about the title.
    Source

I cannot stop smiling. This news just made my day.

This is some awesome news. I love Persona 3 FES and plan on playing Persona 4 as soon as I can find a copy. Shin Megami Tensei games are extremely addicting. Can't wait.

Next-gen Persona=AWESOME!

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

About time they switch to the current generation consoles. They sticked far too long with the ps2.

Fuck yes!!

If they stick to their usual formula I can see this game becoming my permanent all time favorite. Fukken excellent

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Ummm...hell yes! With P4 being my favorite game of all time I hope P5 can meet and exceed my expectations to claim the spot.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Awesome, though I wonder what changes they will make. BRING BACK THE EVOKER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shijima View Post
    Awesome, though I wonder what changes they will make. BRING BACK THE EVOKER!!
    Rofl!

but yeah the evoker really was something.

Damn, a next gen Persona. Can't wait for it! The Persona games always had the best stories, and now they get great graphics as well.

I think I'll wet my pants.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!