3 17.65%
  • |3| Average

4 23.53%
  • |2| Bad

1 5.88%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Let's fate it, Sasakibe is not only powerful, but even overpowered, that is compared to a normal shinigami and that's the truth. 90% of Shinigami is shikai-less and only 5% of them have bankai. In other worlds 90% (if not more) of SS's power is in the hands of those 10% of shinigami.

Sasakibe is indeed out of practice for sole reason, he only once used his bankai, thus he couldn't never be master of it, at least with the information we got, we don't know if he really trained as hard as the other VC or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Really, if you don't know why you're still reading Bleach and then whine about it afterwards, just quit.

There are a lot more productive uses for your time.

I swear, people use the line, "I don't know why I keep reading this crap..." as a pathetic attempt to make themselves look cool, when really, it's a sign of several psychological problems.
    Well...I suppose I deserved that for posting on this thread about Bleach in general. But I assure you it isn't for any psychological problems or an attempt to make myself look cool. I'm not denying Kubo isn't a great writer, as we all enjoyed the Aizen arc, nor am I not a fan of Bleach manga. I simply wanted to express my dissatisfaction with seemingly plot holes. Kubo's a great artist and has a strong story I feel, but for me, a writer, it is frustrating to see him struggle with consistency, which I feel is more an effect of Shonen pressuring him to pursue a longer saga. My apologies for stirring people the wrong way.

Now, in an attempt to remain on topic, I would have to agree with Zero that even if Sasakibe was captain level and had obtained bankai, his level of action never did him justice as such. As the cliche goes, practice makes perfect, and for the VC to normally be more of a messenger than actually fight on the front lines where he would gain experience and knowledge to hone his skills further never helped him when the time really counted. Infrequent use of bankai will undoubtedly hinder a captain if they only activate it once, because as Zero mentioned, how is one supposed to have a grasp on fighting at that level if he hasn't explored/tested his abilities in that form before. This is contrastingly to Ichigo who continually relies on his bankai to succeed in battle, which is why he was able to evade Ivan's bankai sealing device where as Sasakibe, who would likely have been able to avoid having his bankai captured, was unable to do so because of his unfamliarity and strong understanding of his bankai self.

Also, I wonder what purpose these Vanderreichen? have in capturing bankais for...They seem pretty strong regardless. Is it simply to inhibit their enemy?
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 03-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Stop this.You're not being smart.You are clearly posting without thinking.

Kommamura achieving bankai before Ichigo doesnt make him more special than him,because he has been training for many centuries,while Ichigo managed to do it in 3 days.Ichigo is the one shown as special here.

Its not the same case with Chasahibe or how he's called.He's been put into direct comparison with Shunsui.It was said that he was able to reach bankai faster than him and Uki.You writting shit with capital letters wont change that.
    Yada Yada Yawn. you're the one being complete opposite of smart Again where the hell does it imply that he acquired bankai faster than shinsui and ukitake in that chapter? it was only said he acquired it before them even before there were gotei13 not faster than both of them. There was no timeline indicated like ichigo and urahara got their bankai in 3 days. Tell me how long did shinsui and ukitake got their bankai? or this shipwreck vc got his? there was no exact length or time frame on how they manage to attain bankai. He achieved it before them it doesn't mean he achieved it at a faster rate than those two it only meant one thing again HE IS DAMN OLDER THAN THE TWO AND WAS ALREADY PRESENT EVEN BEFORE GOTEI13!.

As i said before,take two seconds to actually think what you post before you post.Did you even read my post or are you just reading the two first words of each paragraph and then go berserk and start writting whatever comes to your mind?

I'm agreeing with you.Sasakibe was shown as weak and unimportant and i'm accusing Kubo for making a mistake trying to raise his power level much higher than where he should be.His showings suggested that he was weak,but now Kubo is making him to be extremely strong with those statements and it simply doesnt add up.
    Again does having bankai or achieving before someone makes you extremely strong far compared to what he is already WEAK? He was portrayed weak before in soukyoku hilll and is still weak now since he got woop by VR even with the use of his bankai that he jackassly didn't use for a millenia or so and in somewhat magical way his conscience told him to use bankai and then got woop by some quincy or some other goof!! HE WAS PORTRAYED WEAK BEFORE AND IS STILL WEAK NOW!! SIMPLE!. "extremely strong" HA! the only thing that is extremely strong about him is getting beat down in his shikai and bankai like somebody's b**ch

I'M AGREEING WITH YOU.NOW STOP USING CAPITAL LETTERS AND LEARN TO READ.

I know Chasakibe was weak.All i'm saying is that Kubo with this chapter tries to make him not look as such.Which he does.
    Obviously were not! if we did then i'd not be here anymore. Again one thing is clear here he was beaten in SS by ichigo in shikai then when he release his bankai he was killed by the VR. Was that strong?, if he took down one member of the VR or 2 then i'd be pissed! but he couldn't even kill even 1 member or could even protect his squad members? battle 1 = beat battle 2= beat then died. Natural order of things in life. The Strong shall live the WEAK shall die. He was weak from the start he is still weak when he released bankai and got K'OD he was weak until he got toasted in his funeral period. There is no strong in that. There is no surprise in that

No it wasnt stated that he didnt train.Just that he didnt participate in battles.

And we have seen Yoru after 100 years out of practise being able to whoop Soi-fon's ass.
    And now you're comparing him to yoruichi?. Maybe next time you'd say his growth rate is faster than any other captain maybe even faster than aizen or who ever since he acquired bankai even before they were born

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Let's fate it, Sasakibe is not only powerful, but even overpowered, that is compared to a normal shinigami and that's the truth. 90% of Shinigami is shikai-less and only 5% of them have bankai. In other worlds 90% (if not more) of SS's power is in the hands of those 10% of shinigami.

Sasakibe is indeed out of practice for sole reason, he only once used his bankai, thus he couldn't never be master of it, at least with the information we got, we don't know if he really trained as hard as the other VC or not.
    Compared to a normal shinigami and lesser shinigamis yes but not OPed, compared to shinsui and ukitake and other experienced captain class he was a nobody. A pebble in comparison to their powers. It was his ideals that made him weak which in the end made him entirely weak up to his grave
    Last edited by RVD; 03-30-2012 at 03:35 AM.

^Easy kid or Daddy (aka Arbitrary) will put you in timeout.

I'm not sure if this will end the debate about sasakibe or spark a new one but the accurate translation(since we know that mangareader miss translates some texts almost every release,(bleach,naruto and one piece), i really want mangastream to be back lols) of the raws i've read in some forums and even in the chinese raws regarding byakuya's statement goes like this:
    " 根据记载,他在京乐与浮竹诞生前就已修得卍解 "

Byakuya literally stated:

"According to the record, he has attained his bankai before Kyoraku and Ukitake were BORN"

-if this is more accurate and true is indeed an age old man probably second to yamamoto or after unohana in age, he looks old too
    -There was no definite time when was gotei13 established right? only that yamamoto became captain commander if i'm not mistaken about 1000 years ago more or less and probably gotei13 was established before the shino academy which was founded 2100 years ago by yamamoto himself....
    Last edited by my2kb22; 03-30-2012 at 04:42 AM.

lol so much nerd-raging going on in here, its like the old days all over again. We even got mods threatening to layeth the smacketh down. Its great!

Anyway I agree that achieving bankai while special in the greater scheme of things in SS, is not such a big deal compared to other captain level fighters, regardless of when he did it because of the fact that he abstained from fighting and probably training. This would undoubtedly make him relatively weak compared to other captain level fighters. Thus it is as I said, Kubo was just letting the guy go out on a good note without shaking things up too much in what are pretty much undecipherable power rankings.

in this chapter, the funeral is really moving me. anyway, the vice captain seems have some reasons to stay in the vice position. He is 1000 years old now in bleach 486, his age is older than other captains!!

Ok, to be fair with the chapter;

Sasakibe's strength is irrelevant. It's not needed nor affects the story so I don't see the reason to argue about it. This chap is for Yama himself and himself alone. It's about the emotions that's stirring up inside the old man that will affect on how the war will pan out. That's how I see it. The backstory for Chojiro is not about him but about the respect Yama had for him. The bankai thing was just mentioned so that Sasakibe saying "they can seal bankai" would be legit. I mean there's no one there at that time who could bankai so it has to be him.

So instead of having a calm and collected Yama saying "we're gonna protect SS no matter what, prepare the barriers" we can hope he would say "Within 5 days your gonna start a war against SS? No, within 5 days, we're gonna slaughter all of you!!" instead. Then they'll go to HM and take the fight to them where they all can bankai all they want since there would be no collateral damage. Just imagine Yama saying "You killed Sasakibe by sealing his bankai, now try to seal mine... BANKAI!!!!" then goes apeshit on them, that would be awesome.

sig made by me

Well, to be truthful, the most important part of the chapter is this:
    Spoiler!

If this is what I think it is, then they indeed are prepared to battle shinigami, and even arrancarr who gained shinigami powers.

The true meaning of the chapter's name, heh, it's not about VC's burial, but the Shinigami Killer, the Crimson Phoenix Spear that gets 10x stronger against shinigami, they might even have more than one of those.

I think that this is the same spear, since smoke/heat is coming out of it and the Emprie could easily steal it and seeing as they can create stairs effortlessly, they could even copy it.

Looked back, was sasikibe missing his hand too? Whats the arm/hand loss count so far by our sadistic Mangaka Kubo?
    Last edited by MrFry; 03-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?