4 23.53%
  • |2| Bad

1 5.88%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    URGH! So everybody is trying to convince themselves that Kubo just made this whole back story up last night or something. Oh no someone who may have portrayed as weak can't be heralded as a strong person at his end. The man died trying to defend SS even going the route in using his bankai (even though we did see it) to do it. Yeah Kubo portrayed Sasakibe as a weak guy but to give us a little info that the he was actually very strong was such a bad idea. Give me a break. Man people just find the little shit to complain about. Good god.
    2zipl5u.gif Yeah dude, I just don't bother anymore. Fuck it.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

This is what happens when Shonen continually pushes (what used to be) one of its best writers to extend the series' intention; you get {enter your own montage of explicits}. I continually push myself to read Bleach because I for some damn reason that God only knows, hope for a better story. But it is frustrating when the author continually creates more questions/loopholes/fallouts with his story than consistency and logic. I'm not saying VC what's-his-name (Saskibe?) wouldn't have been a rounder and much more appreciated character should this chapter's info having been revealed back in the SS arc as well as Ichigo not having laid the smackdown on him single handedly, but here it destroys any validation for this chapter's purpose: to honor a man, who up until this point, had less prestige than Kon. That is what many of us are so upset about, that Kubo seemingly throws together some ideas without refering back to the information he gave us earlier on in the story, as well as evaluate how the new information would coincide ligistically and logically with the past.

......................................Kubo should have ended Bleach after Aizen.
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 03-29-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Really, if you don't know why you're still reading Bleach and then whine about it afterwards, just quit.

There are a lot more productive uses for your time.

I swear, people use the line, "I don't know why I keep reading this crap..." as a pathetic attempt to make themselves look cool, when really, it's a sign of several psychological problems.

You know I say calling someone strong in Bleach doesn't really amount to much since its almost impossible to gauge a character let alone compare them to someone else so called strength. We can't even tell if the 4th Espada was stronger than the 3rd Espada or how strong the main characters are or even the Captains for that matter.

It might be assumed because he had Bankai since before Gotei 13 he was on the same level as Ukitake and whats his name from 8th squad. However one thing we know is that age does not equate to power so that doesn't mean squat.

Personally I hope there are more deaths need to trim the fat on this over sized cast.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    You know I say calling someone strong in Bleach doesn't really amount to much since its almost impossible to gauge a character let alone compare them to someone else so called strength. We can't even tell if the 4th Espada was stronger than the 3rd Espada or how strong the main characters are or even the Captains for that matter.

It might be assumed because he had Bankai since before Gotei 13 he was on the same level as Ukitake and whats his name from 8th squad. However one thing we know is that age does not equate to power so that doesn't mean squat.

Personally I hope there are more deaths need to trim the fat on this over sized cast.
    101 % correct.... in bleach there are characters that gained bankai before others or others who haven't but aren't as much as strong as them...
    -ikkaku achieved bankai probably even before hitsugaya or maybe gin had...but he isn't obviously as strong or even close to their capabilities and yet he is labeled as captain-class shinigami many times in the series....

- other examples are the espada's you mentioned... ulquiorra's segunda tapa could possibly surpass the top 3 in strength(base on how much destruction he could do in that form) since no other espadas have acquired such a feat in bleach storyline yet it was not confirmed (which is the big problem)....

-ichigo's fighting kenpachi to a standoff and won(according to kenpachi) and yet 2 captains can't beat kenpachi in the same arc... whilst ichigo was having a hard time against grimmjow in bankai(probably weakened by his struggle against his inner hollow) whilst tousen could cut grimmjow's arm surprising him in a swift and before that he took down all the visoreds using his bankai surprising them and yet he was manhandled like a woman by kenpachi lols who was defeated by ichigo in his shikai..

-also how wonderweiss caught ukitake off guard and took him down with one hit up front and yet mashiro was able to beat wonderweiss down before her masks broke.. this doesn't mean that mashiro is far stronger than ukitake(Obviously not!) given what we saw which is also proportional to how ichigo beat down sasakibe with one hit and ichigo at that time already acquired bankai and was already far stronger than him or any seated officer, maybe even surpassing some other captains who has bankai....he was imo on byakuya's level at SS arc...

its hard to gauge everyone in bleach in terms of strength and being old or having a 1000 year head start doesn't mean anything if you are compared or fitted against genius prodigies, inborn massive reiatsu freaks, royal blood/special lineage fighters than are a 1000 years younger lols... imo it depends on the situation of the character(whether he is caught off guard, did not calculate the enemies strenght or some inner beast is destroying him from the inside, etc..etc..) or to whom his up against(whether his technique or skills is more appropriate against his adversary or not) and not the time he "achieve bankai" or became captain or became captain class...time doesn't help if you're bound to you're limits aizen already exploited this that every shinigami has limits and no matter how you want to surpass it it won't happen.,,

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    No shit Ichigo beat him because he was stronger than him. We didn't know Ikkaku was at captain level and Ichigo beat him too. And no I don't see nothing wrong with him mastering his bankai before Ukitake and Shunsui, like Byakuya said he's been around before the Gotei 13 was ever established. And please stop with this troll crap. People who come here and complain troll more than he does.
    I like how you just chose to ignore the most important parts of my post.

The problem is not that Ichigo could beat a catain level fighter.Its that he could beat him in an instant and bare handed.While in shikai.

And the hype he just received does not allow us to compare him to guys like Ikkaku,when we've learned that he's been around for as much as the seniors and he reached bankai even before them.They mentioned that as something really impressive.Its clear that it was meant to show how fast he could progress.It might not mean that he's stronger than them,but they definitely talked about him as someone exceptional even for captain level standards.

If you wanna go and throw common sense out of the window trying to convince yourself that this isnht a mistake on Kubo's part,you're free to do so,but dont expect others to just agree with it and disagreeing with you doesnt make me a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post
    101 % correct.... in bleach there are characters that gained bankai before others or others who haven't but aren't as much as strong as them...
    -ikkaku achieved bankai probably even before hitsugaya or maybe gin had...but he isn't obviously as strong or even close to their capabilities and yet he is labeled as captain-class shinigami many times in the series....
    Firstly nothing indicates that Ikkaku managed to reach bankai before Gin.You pulled this out of nowhere.

Even if he did reach bankai before Hitsu,which is baseless,it would only be bevcause Hitsu is much younger and he didnt have the time.

Here its clearly not a similar case though.For some reason the author chose to directly compare the guy to Shunsui saying that he reached bankai before him.It was clearly meant to be an impressive feat,which wouldnt be the case if it was just because Shunsui was some centuries younger and he started training for bankai much later than him.If that was the case the comparison between the two would have been useless.

The clear implication is that his growth rate was greater than the two seniors.And great growth rate given much time,will only result to great power.

-ichigo's fighting kenpachi to a standoff and won(according to kenpachi) and yet 2 captains can't beat kenpachi in the same arc... whilst ichigo was having a hard time against grimmjow in bankai(probably weakened by his struggle against his inner hollow) whilst tousen could cut grimmjow's arm surprising him in a swift and before that he took down all the visoreds using his bankai surprising them and yet he was manhandled like a woman by kenpachi lols who was defeated by ichigo in his shikai..
    No,thats just means Grimmjow could have fought those two captains just like Kenpachi did.

Tozen just managed to cut his arm off,because they were talking atm.

-also how wonderweiss caught ukitake off guard and took him down with one hit up front and yet mashiro was able to beat wonderweiss down before her masks broke.. this doesn't mean that mashiro is far stronger than ukitake(Obviously not!) given what we saw which is also proportional to how ichigo beat down sasakibe with one hit and ichigo at that time already acquired bankai and was already far stronger than him or any seated officer, maybe even surpassing some other captains who has bankai....he was imo on byakuya's level at SS arc...
    No,it only means that WW wasnt fighting seriously there.He's a retarded kid after all and the same who was playing around when a battle was taking place around him in KT.

Yes he was on Byakuya's level back then.That still doesnt justify him beating a captain level opponent in a split second and bareanded.Especially after the hype said opponent has received.

Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post

- other examples are the espada's you mentioned... ulquiorra's segunda tapa could possibly surpass the top 3 in strength(base on how much destruction he could do in that form) since no other espadas have acquired such a feat in bleach storyline yet it was not confirmed (which is the big problem)....

its hard to gauge everyone in bleach in terms of strength and being old or having a 1000 year head start doesn't mean anything if you are compared or fitted against genius prodigies, inborn massive reiatsu freaks, royal blood/special lineage fighters than are a 1000 years younger lols... imo it depends on the situation of the character(whether he is caught off guard, did not calculate the enemies strenght or some inner beast is destroying him from the inside, etc..etc..) or to whom his up against(whether his technique or skills is more appropriate against his adversary or not) and not the time he "achieve bankai" or became captain or became captain class...time doesn't help if you're bound to you're limits aizen already exploited this that every shinigami has limits and no matter how you want to surpass it it won't happen.,,
    I'D REPLY YOU WITH A SIMPLE ANSWER WITH THAT LONG A** THING YOU WROTE = SASAKIBE WAS WEAK AS SHIT!!! captain class or not - bankai or not him having cower from fighting over 1000 years makes him an inexperience fighter than any able top fighters in bleach! Don't go compare him with ukitake kyoraku and other powerful entities in bleach. He was portrayed as weak and neither ever fought a serious battle nor had the audacity to fight which makes his fighting power sh***T

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post

And the hype he just received does not allow us to compare him to guys like Ikkaku,when we've learned that he's been around for as much as the seniors and he reached bankai even before them.They mentioned that as something really impressive.Its clear that it was meant to show how fast he could progress.It might not mean that he's stronger than them,but they definitely talked about him as someone exceptional even for captain level standards.
    Again another ridiculous assumption just like the one above! how the fuck does "he acquired bankai before shinsui and ukitake" and any other younger captains makes him more special than them?AND IMPRESSIVE!? IT ONLY MEANS HE IS F***G OLD!!! NOT SPECIAL! OW ikkaku acquired bankai before ichigo therefor he is more special IMPRESSIVE than ichigo! OW all of the captains acquired bankai before ichigo and yes they are more special IMPRESSIVE than ichigo! that is a f**tard logic! WHY DO PEOPLE WANT SASAKIBE TO SOUND SPECIAL when its obvious that he is just some monkey-a** who acquired bankai who doesn't fight who is just some lapdog under yamamoto, was woop by ichigo in one hit

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Here its clearly not a similar case though.For some reason the author chose to directly compare the guy to Shunsui saying that he reached bankai before him.It was clearly meant to be an impressive feat,which wouldnt be the case if it was just because Shunsui was some centuries younger and he started training for bankai much later than him.If that was the case the comparison between the two would have been useless.

The clear implication is that his growth rate was greater than the two seniors.And great growth rate given much time,will only result to great power.
    Again another Dodo assumption? Were the HELL in there says that the weak butler tea cup obsessive guy has more impressive feat than both shunsui or ukitake? The F**ng thing only meant that he is older than the two because those two are old as hell that is why there names came out along side him! AND A GROWTH RATE GREATER THAN THE TWO? WERE THE BULLSHIT DID YOU GET THAT?? komamura acquired bankai before ichigo therefore his growth rate is faster than ichigo??? thats the same a** logic as what you're saying! Just because alfred the butler acquired bankai before the two doesn't make him special and sh****t! well he was shit! having bankai before anyone doesn't make you equal, better, superior, more special! IT ONLY CONFIRMS ONE THING = HE WAS OLD AS HELL = YAMAMOTO AND UNOHANA BEING THE ONLY POSSIBLE ONE THAT ARE OLDER

CLEAR IMPLICATION MY A**! the only clear thing here is you guys don't know the difference between weak and strong, special and plain shit ---> sasakibe! HE WAS WEAK! and now he is dead so just forget about his shitty self let him roast and stop implying he was this and that he should have done this and that were it was obvious that he was weaker than ichigo, ukitake, shinsui and nothing is special about him other than being described as old
    Last edited by RVD; 03-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Guys, guys (and girls ?) chill out, it's true that he pulled that almost out of no where, but you are still missing many points he intended to show.

First, he reached bankai before Ukitate & the other one. It didn't imply that he was more skilled, faster learner or even stronger than them. It implied that if he wanted to, he could have been a captain before them. It's even implied that he was older than them.

Second, he might have been strong at his prime, but the moment he chose to be forever a VC of the 1 squad, he stopped fighting/training etc, which means he would be out of shape, but not just a little, he wasn't doing any fighting for centuries. Just think how much out of shape you are when you aren't training for a whole month.

Ichigo owning him doesn't prove much at this point, especially when the VC was avoiding fighting, it's possible that the moment he noticed that Ichigo is no match for Yamamoto, he allowed himself to be owned by him.

The reason he chose to be VC as long as Yamamoto is alive is simple, so that Yama isn't left alone in this world. Yamamato lived over (?) 1000 years and he lived out many captains, some died, some transfered to 0 squad and some just retired. His only purpose was to out live the 1st squad captain (and to accompany him to his death), thus all his actions were meant for that purpose.

For him to use a bankai, it might be only one reason and that isn't to protect Yamamoto (since he himself is the best guard that can be in SS), but it's to survive (or they provoked him somehow ;P) and keep his promise, of being beside Yama until his death.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD View Post

Again another ridiculous assumption just like the one above! how the fuck does "he acquired bankai before shinsui and ukitake" and any other younger captains makes him more special than them?AND IMPRESSIVE!? IT ONLY MEANS HE IS F***G OLD!!! NOT SPECIAL! OW ikkaku acquired bankai before ichigo therefor he is more special IMPRESSIVE than ichigo! OW all of the captains acquired bankai before ichigo and yes they are more special IMPRESSIVE than ichigo!
    Stop this.You're not being smart.You are clearly posting without thinking.

Kommamura achieving bankai before Ichigo doesnt make him more special than him,because he has been training for many centuries,while Ichigo managed to do it in 3 days.Ichigo is the one shown as special here.

Its not the same case with Chasahibe or how he's called.He's been put into direct comparison with Shunsui.It was said that he was able to reach bankai faster than him and Uki.You writting shit with capital letters wont change that.

that is a f**tard logic! WHY DO PEOPLE WANT SASAKIBE TO SOUND SPECIAL when its obvious that he is just some monkey-a** who acquired bankai who doesn't fight who is just some lapdog under yamamoto, was woop by ichigo in one hit
    As i said before,take two seconds to actually think what you post before you post.Did you even read my post or are you just reading the two first words of each paragraph and then go berserk and start writting whatever comes to your mind?

I'm agreeing with you.Sasakibe was shown as weak and unimportant and i'm accusing Kubo for making a mistake trying to raise his power level much higher than where he should be.His showings suggested that he was weak,but now Kubo is making him to be extremely strong with those statements and it simply doesnt add up.

Again another Dodo assumption? Were the HELL in there says that the weak butler tea cup obsessive guy has more impressive feat than both shunsui or ukitake?
    No.Show where i said that he has more impressive feats than those two,otherwise stop answering to my posts without even knowing what i've said.

CLEAR IMPLICATION MY A**! the only clear thing here is you guys don't know the difference between weak and strong, special and plain shit ---> sasakibe! HE WAS WEAK! and now he is dead so just forget about his shitty self let him roast and stop implying he was this and that he should have done this and that were it was obvious that he was weaker than ichigo, ukitake, shinsui and nothing is special about him other than being described as old
    I'M AGREEING WITH YOU.NOW STOP USING CAPITAL LETTERS AND LEARN TO READ.

I know Chasakibe was weak.All i'm saying is that Kubo with this chapter tries to make him not look as such.Which he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Guys, guys (and girls ?) chill out, it's true that he pulled that almost out of no where, but you are still missing many points he intended to show.

First, he reached bankai before Ukitate & the other one. It didn't imply that he was more skilled, faster learner or even stronger than them. It implied that if he wanted to, he could have been a captain before them. It's even implied that he was older than them.
    Thats what it implies.Otherwise whats the point of comparing him to Shunsui and Uki.Do you think that if Kommamura died anyone would say "OMG Kommamura the great captain who reached bankai before Hitsu!!"?

Orf course not because its obvious that Hitsu was simply much younger and most probably Kommamura started training before Toshiro was even born.Such a comparison would be meaningless.The comparison here would only have meaning if its meant to show Chasakibe's skill and growth rate.

Second, he might have been strong at his prime, but the moment he chose to be forever a VC of the 1 squad, he stopped fighting/training etc, which means he would be out of shape, but not just a little, he wasn't doing any fighting for centuries. Just think how much out of shape you are when you aren't training for a whole month.
    No it wasnt stated that he didnt train.Just that he didnt participate in battles.

And we have seen Yoru after 100 years out of practise being able to whoop Soi-fon's ass.

Ichigo owning him doesn't prove much at this point, especially when the VC was avoiding fighting, it's possible that the moment he noticed that Ichigo is no match for Yamamoto, he allowed himself to be owned by him.
    Thats a really lame excuse.

Next post with some clear rage in it gets some free vacation from the forums.

Limited offer only!