• |3| Average

0 0%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Pretty glad Smoker lost, as I said before.. he's overrated.

I'm confused to why Smoker did not use Haki at all after he told Tashigi to "stay back" because her Haki wasn't strong enough - he wouldn't have even needed to use it for long, when the other Marines shot at Law he could had used it then and while law was blocking the bullets he could have attacked.
    Who said he wasn't using Haki? He was able to block Law's strikes without his sword being chopped in two, and no, that wasn't because of the seastone, Hancock has already shown the club can be broken with DF powers, so he was using haki to block. He was just caught off guard when his heart was taken because he couldn't completely see Law behind the rock.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    All true, and it is likely, but I don't see Oda getting rid of such a well established personality just so people wouldn't realize its Hawkins, Oda likes to remain constant with his characters. After all, not one of the Strawhats have changed personality wise over the entire story (minus the flashbacks).
    Did you see what Oda just did with an even MORE well-established character just a few chapters ago? Turned him into a Shichibukai, that's what. And only all of 3 people (maybe) called it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    I for one am not surprised nor displeased about Smoker's defeat. If Law is unable to defeat a VA at this stage, especially after acquiring a 440 million bounty and becoming a Shichibukai, he doesn't deserve either acknowledgement.
    Well, it's not that we like Smoker so much that we wanted him to win. We want to BELIEVE that he really is Luffy's Garp. And as such, he's gonna have to be insanely powerful if he wants to continue to chase future PK Strawhat Luffy. So seeing him get pwnt like this just makes us all disappointed because it insinuates either:

A) Smoker can't possibly hope to one day capture Luffy, because, judging by this chapter's performance, Luffy could likely Gumo Gumo no Curbstomp Smoker right now, or worse:

B) He still DOES provide a challenge to Luffy, meaning that Luffy is much WEAKER than we all want him to be at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I wonder what will happen next chapter, Luffy seems happy to see Law - Law does not look happy to see Luffy, I find it unlikely though Law could get the drop on Luffy+Zoro like he did to the others (it still pisses me off Sanji got caught so off hand).

Also, I know there's no evidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if Law has Luffy's heart too.
    Who ISN'T Luffy happy to see? lol. The fact remains that his crew has taken a position in direct contrast to Law's desires, and when the chips are down and the rubber starts flying, Luffy's Nakama always get top billing. Luffy and Law are coming to blows. Count on it X-D

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Did you see what Oda just did with an even MORE well-established character just a few chapters ago? Turned him into a Shichibukai, that's what. And only all of 3 people (maybe) called it beforehand.
    Yes, but only his trustworthiness has changed, his personality in general is the same. He's still calm, calculating and smiles when he's not in trouble. However when you look at M and Hawkins, M is loud, easily upset, and worries all the time, while Hawkins is calm and quick as he can see the future. Someone who can see the future wouldn't worry about if the Strawhats or Marines would be a problem, he would know whether or not they would be a problem.

Plus this

This is what Hawkins looks like post timeskip according to Oda, so M's not him.
    Last edited by aggeroff; 03-28-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Law = Hax

That's what the chapter was about.

Well, the fact that Brownbeard is here, and has clearly been experimented on is an indicator that Hawkins is involved somehow, since Hawkins encountered Brownbeard before the timeskip. Law has been shown to be reasonable and willing to work with other prominent pirates, like Luffy, so it's not out of the question for him to work with Hawkins. The biggest argument against it, is that whomever the vapor guy is, it's a wildly different personality from what we've seen from Hawkins. It's possible that something happened in the timeskip to alter Hawkins, but it doesn't seem likely.

As for Smoker, I don't think he's defeated yet, probably just shocked. I mean, all of the various pirates, including Tashigi, were all alive, despite being cut apart. Law used the ice in that pillar to form a box to contain the heart, otherwise it would have turned to smoke and return to Smoker. Remember, Law's DF is the Operating Room, he can control everything inside of it. He escaped from Smoker's attack by swapping places with the ship piece. It's not invincible, however, I'd guess his body is still normal flesh and blood, so you'd have to catch him offguard.

I also believe that Smoker isnt defeated yet.

Your lungs are next Mr.Smoker

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Sirxxx;965982]No, but ghost/spirit/soul/apparition certainly fits in with his voodoo-themed DF, no?
    he is no logia kizaru already confirmed that besides the Master's character isn't like hawkins

@Don.D.Bulky
    @Athary: I think the "but" remark that harpy lady made made was supposed to sound like this
    "I thought they were remarkably strong but to think it was actually the SH pirates!!"
    I don't think she wasn't concerned that they turned out to be the straw hats. She was actually stating the fact that they might not be too prepared for such a confrontation.
    yes i think your right after rereading thx

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Yes, but only his trustworthiness has changed, his personality in general is the same. He's still calm, calculating and smiles when he's not in trouble. However when you look at M and Hawkins, M is loud, easily upset, and worries all the time, while Hawkins is calm and quick as he can see the future. Someone who can see the future wouldn't worry about if the Strawhats or Marines would be a problem, he would know whether or not they would be a problem.
    Hmm. I'll give you that--the personalities do seem a bit different. Well, I'm sticking my little theory right here in my back pocket. But I'm breaking it out instantly if turns out to have little voodoo dolls. So be warned!

Also...this doesn't seem like a normal case of Law's seemingly fatal attacks not killing his victims--Smoker instantly collapsed when his heart was removed. Shouldn't he have still been puffing around swinging his jutte and such? Or is his body, without a heart to pump blood, truly shutting down? Is he going to die if Law leaves him like that (his goal was to ensure that Smoker did not leave, after all...)?

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Law used a different technique this time. He captured Smoker's heart not disassembled it from his body.
    he is a surgeon so he should be able to re-assemble things to right. like facial reconstruction for example.
    Spoiler!