Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have no opinion on whether the Sharingan had made Kakashi less proficient as a Ninja, or not. There is really no way to guage that unless Kishimoto explicitly states something to the effect.

What I'd like to see is for Kishi to give Kakashi a Power-Up. Maybe some kind of Chakra storing device. There are at least two examples I can think of of such. 1) Tsunade's Jewel, 2) Samehada.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post

I find it to be a false presumption that having the sharingan has made Kakashi more lazy or unmotivated; he did develop the mangekyou after all, an astonishing feat in itself considering he's not an uchiha.

I also doubt that Kakashi would be able to create any jutsu in the same caliber as Kamui, especially one which can be executed just as fast since Kamui needs not any hand seals. Chidori itself is quite the accomplishment, it's a A jutsu, deadly indeed, but even with sharingan, Kakashi wasn't able to combine his lightning nature with rasengan; it wouldn't happen without the sharingan, chidori is probably the best he can come up with.

Also, you guys realize that almost NO ONE creates new jutsu, it's usually passed down and learned from the earlier generation; even "new" jutsus are build upon previously existing jutsus. So if anything, Kakashi's copying of a thousand jutsus allows him more material to work with in regards to creating new jutsu.
    I think the point being missed is that it's not so much that Kakashi is lazy but he has focused on developing his skill with the Sharingan rather than developing his own unique skills set. The Sharingan is not natural to Kakashi so it all has greater drawbacks on his body using it. Its matter of where he puts his focus so if he didn't have a Sharingan he would have to develop his own skill out of necessity.

Thus Kakashi may have reached S- class level with a style that unique to him rather than being limited by the heavy strain of the Sharingan on his body and his copy ability. Its the same thing that Kakashi warned Sasuke about after he was marked with the Curse seal. He told him if he begins to rely on the Cursed Seal power his progress as a ninja would stagnate because he would be relying on that power rather than developing his own.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

What I'd like to see is for Kishi to give Kakashi a Power-Up. Maybe some kind of Chakra storing device. There are at least two examples I can think of of such. 1) Tsunade's Jewel, 2) Samehada.
    He could get a Hashirama face woven into his shoulder I hear its all the rage this year!!

Actually I have been thinking it would be awesome if Kakashi got Tobi's Sharingan after he died.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I just wanted to see Kakashi keep Zabuza's sword... if he just infused it with his lightning element, he'd have a ton more destructive power with barely any additional chakra cost, which would really help him in longer fights against opponents who aren't easily taken down by a simple Chidori. Using a weapon as opposed to hand-to-hand would also help him avoid injury without resorting to excessive means (such as summoning Mud Walls or even using Kamui).

It would be epic if Kakashi gained Tobi's Sharingan (and thus his warping abilities), assuming it wouldn't take too big a toll on Kakashi's body... but that would assume the series lasts a while after Tobi's death, which I don't think it will.

It's a shame that every time Kakashi gets close to having an Epic Moment, he gets shut down... he was *almost* Hokage, he *almost* got to show us a rampage against the Seven Swordsmen, and he *almost* got some spotlight against Tobi... it's really too bad. I'd have sacrificed ANY of the Edo fights to watch Kakashi in action. I mean, Hanzou vs. Mifune was boring. Darui vs. Kin Gin Bros was so-so.

I wish Kakashi had been the one to back up Gaara's division instead of Naruto's clone; then he'd have been able to find a way to overcome the Third Raikage's massive "Chidori" with his own, smaller version. It'd actually have made more sense to see Kakashi win that battle the same way Naruto did, since Kakashi's analytical skills are on the level where he'd probably have figured it out without the hint from the Hachibi, and he has his Sharingan to boost his reflexes. And of course, that would allow Kakashi to fight alongside the Kages against Edo Madara, which would be simply amazing.

I mean, what has Kakashi really done in the Tobi fight, besides act as a diversion for the Bijuu while Naruto talked to Son? Kakashi didn't even figure out any strategies, he just repeated what Naruto said. It's cool watching the Kakashi/Guy tag team, but it's barely gotten any pages, and Naruto completely stole the show and made them look like rookies.

EDIT: Going back to Kakashi's use of Zabuza's sword, and also the Tobi fight, I have to ask: why doesn't Bee use his Samehada? The sword is the perfect counter to Bijuu, and can heal the wielder's wounds by stealing chakra. That just seems like the perfect answer to immortal Jinchuuriki, especially considering Bee/Hachibi has been bleeding from the shoulder for like 15 chapters now. Such a waste to throw it into a tree and then transform; I mean, that sword is just lying around at this point. Who knows, maybe Tenten will pick it up once she arrives at the battlefield.

All the techniques Kakashi's learned/knows can all be learned without the Sharingan, so who's to say that he still wouldn't have his current skill set minus the Sharingan? Actually, he'd likely have less skills without the Sharingan (but no less dangerous) because he wouldn't have time to learn each and every technique he knows (or supposedly knows) now, let alone create new ones which take even more time to develop. So as I see it, he'd be in the same situation, relying on the same tried and true techniques he uses now, and using new ones best fit for the situation at hand. If anything, that's been his style, to use only what is necessary to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Unlike Naruto, he can't afford to be spamming techniques left and right (unless it's Raikiri now lol), so if he can waste a person in 3 moves, he'll do it.

It's also important to try to identify what it was about Kakashi that allowed him to become a jounin at such a young age, before getting the Sharingan. Presumably, he was lightning quick and super smart, able to perform spatial and elemental manipulation of his chakra. When compared to the adult Kakashi with the Sharingan, there isn't much of a difference aside from the variety of Sharingan techniques and a little more maturity.

It seems to me that his motivation changed after getting the Sharingan, from becoming strong enough to outclass his legendary father to becoming a respectable and reliable comrade. It's as if at that point, even at his young age, he went from being part of the ambitious younger generation, to the protective and mature older generation. Perhaps without the Obito incident, he might have continued to force his way through the ranks, becoming fearsomely strong while adhering to his "always follow the rules" creed, solely to bring honour back to the Hatake name.

Beer and Music
    I personally like Kakashi with the sharingan. He's the only one who isn't so broken with it. I don't think that he relies on it, rather then trying to use it more because it will help him finish fights quicker than using his regular methods, and also to get as close as possible to perfecting the sharingan without it being a kekkei-genkai. I agree with my nigga Afro Thunda, he knows his shit well.

The only thing that I could see/would hope to see would be for Kakashi to make more use of his dog familiars. I guess like in his anbu days? (idk, going by the fanart lmao), but it would be sweet for him to do some training in that style, and be known for it. Rather then, "The Copy Ninja".

Kakashi's Sharingan looks awesome, I guess ever better than Itachi's
    I'm concerned about his Mangekyo Sharingan the most.
    It may be making him stronger for a while however it's a huge disadvantage that he's passing out or feeling sick after the effect is over.
    I guess he should use it only in case of emergency, because it's too risky to use it often. I don't see any way to improve such an ability because eventually Mangekyo makes it owner blind.

i think that having the sharingan have, like i think it is for all who has it, made kakashi much more dependent on its abilities in battles and as such he has that as a disadvantage but at the same time he is more powerful in other areas, so it is really a dual-edged sword that is both an advantage and a disadvantage for him.

I think kakashi sharingan held him back a little.
    Spoiler!

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I think the point being missed is that it's not so much that Kakashi is lazy but he has focused on developing his skill with the Sharingan rather than developing his own unique skills set. The Sharingan is not natural to Kakashi so it all has greater drawbacks on his body using it. Its matter of where he puts his focus so if he didn't have a Sharingan he would have to develop his own skill out of necessity.

Thus Kakashi may have reached S- class level with a style that unique to him rather than being limited by the heavy strain of the Sharingan on his body and his copy ability. Its the same thing that Kakashi warned Sasuke about after he was marked with the Curse seal. He told him if he begins to rely on the Cursed Seal power his progress as a ninja would stagnate because he would be relying on that power rather than developing his own.
    I hear what you're saying but even then, it's a false presumption that having the Sharingan has been so distracting in regards to Kakashi's training as a shinobi, rather than complimentary. I'll try to express my reasoning.

The only real drawback the Sharingan has had is the intense drain on chakra, which forces Kakashi to be more efficient with his skills, rather than having the luxury of spamming techniques. So then, the result of this real drawback can be argued to be beneficial actually, but regardless, it is a serious drawback nevertheless.

Now, on to the real premise I want to bring into question, Kakashi spending most of his time or focus on the "developing" the Sharingan rather than coming up with S-class jutsus. In what way has he developed his Sharingan? I mean, didn't he acquire it already at a double tomoe stage. From the time of Kakashi's receiving of Obito's sharingan until the timeskip, all Kakashi had to do was develop Obito's sharingan unto the triple tomoe stage, that's it. How much time that took, is debatable, with no evidence, that I'm aware of, pointing in any direction.

Once Kakashi developed it to the triple tomoe stage, the rest isn't training at all. Everybody looks at their opponent with their eyes as they're using jutsus, so Kakashi does the same, with the added bonus of the witnessed techniques being imprinted into his brain somehow, lol. Pretty convenient actually, no training necessary, those enemy jutsus are instantly learned. And since those techniqes are copied in an instant, Kakashi had all the time in the world to further develop his own techniques, which he did. For example, his raikiri and their variants, of which we've seen a few.

Now to birng the point right back to the intense drain the Sharingan technique causes Kakashi, it's the same with basically everyone. Techniques cost chakra, and everybody has certain techniques that takes huge chunks out of their chakra unless they're lucky enough to have a monstrously big chakra reserve. Therefore, the Sharingan is simply Kakashi's chakra expensive ace in the hole, when he really needs it, and he only uses it when he really needs it, and only then. Why? Because there are some serious advantages he finds worth the chakra, like body-movement reading capabilities and the sorts.

The only other thing that Kakashi had to develop in regards to the sharingan, was the Mangekyou, and that was done some time within the timeskip.

The curse seal is rather a different situation. One which Sasuke somehow bypassed anyways, he ended up mastering the curse seal to such a degree to impress Juugo.

All the sharingan is, is eyes, an organ that absolutely everybody not only use and heavily depend on, along with some awesome upgrades. Why do you think so many people are after them

I hope i made my point.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif