One Piece One Piece 480 Discussion

Yah for One Piece. Not a bad chapter although it didn't make any progress as Oz could well have been defeated the previous chapter, well he is now. Discuss and predict away, hoorah.

am Start
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_atom_5 View Post
    Yah for One Piece. Not a bad chapter although it didn't make any progress as Oz could well have been defeated the previous chapter, well he is now. Discuss and predict away, hoorah.
    well, but now the strawhats had a very cool reason to stand up again ;p
    if they wouldnt have been defeated, öuffy would just sleep for the next 3 days ^^
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

Broken Spine...you'are done for, Oz.

But if Moria regains consciousness, i guess he could control Oz despite of his spine.....Oz just has to follow the movements of his shadow.

Nevertheless i think Moria is a goner, and now Kuma will make an appearance , telling news about Ace and then he will vanish...

Great Chapter !!

Aku Soku Zan

-_-'
    it kinda annoys me that they stand up again and again and again... and again. I definitely don't like this arc. We are still waiting for our crew to get the shadows back..

Nice improvised teamwork anyway..

Did luffy recovered his shadow since he defeated oz? because i remember zoro retrieving brooke's shadow by defeating his opponent.

Zoro killed his opponent i guess...he didn't just "defeat" him.

Aku Soku Zan

Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    it kinda annoys me that they stand up again and again and again... and again. I definitely don't like this arc. We are still waiting for our crew to get the shadows back..

Nice improvised teamwork anyway..

Did luffy recovered his shadow since he defeated oz? because i remember zoro retrieving brooke's shadow by defeating his opponent.
    Did you just start reading one piece? That's how it always happens, they are beaten over and over and then they somehow finally defeat their oponents. Really, thats how all shonen manga works.

I liked how they finished Oz, altought the story didn't move on at all. Still, I'm looking forward to see how they'll get their shadows back.

-_-'
    No, it doesn't happen so much that they stand up 30 times in such a short time after being defeated 29 times.

Ok i'm exagerating but it would have been the same if Oz was defeated in the previous chapter

True enough, little actual progress was made. However Oz's recovery was more or less logical. Zombies can not feel pain. They are not alive in the first place, so they can not faint. Unless completely destroyed(like burned into ash or cut into pieces), zombies can always function. I do believe that I have pointed out during last chapter's discussion that I don't believe Oz is out of the battle just yet. And I was correct.

The part that DIDN'T make any sense was how Robin recovered so fast. Normally 3 days must pass before the deshadowed person regain consciousness. Surely enough, normal rules don't, and never did, apply to Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. However how did Robin recover after deshadowing after only couple minutes?

Well, one thing is certain. Oz is out of the battle for good this time. The giant dude's spine was shattered. On the side note, Moria is no zombie, I doubt he could shrug off Nightmare Luffy's punches as easily. It might take a while for Moria to wake up.

I disagree about nothing happening in this chapter. True, the plot didn't advance, but ending the fight against Oz with Luffy taking him out by himself would belittle the rest of the strawhats. Even if he was powered up, it would of still meant that Luffy single handily took down a foe more powerful than the rest of his crew combined. That sort of thing might have been okay with DBZ, Naruto, or some other shounen, but with Oda's emphasis on friendship and teamwork, it just wouldn't have worked.

Plus, there was the whole matter of Oz's arm. Once they mentioned that, it was obvious the fight couldn't be over just yet.