0 0%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    X: so your agreeing with me then LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by recklesmayhem View Post
    Law will just put the strawhats back together after Luffy interrupts. Maybe he only swapped them around because of the situation
    and yeah i assume he just did that to make it look like he was not showing them favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Interesting take. So him moving his hands like that isn't necessary, just like Luffy saying what his rubber punches are going to be called right before he attacks is pointless too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    ^ exactly there is no real rhyme or reason its just there like a habit or by choice or something like that.
    Come on guys, everyone knows that battles can only be won through the brilliant tactical manuever of loudly announcing one's attacks before launching them!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    And the point I was trying to make was that Law can't just pull limbs apart. It had nothing to do with you, cross. As for the sword thing: Law uses his sword over a scalpel for the same reason Zoro uses Kitetsu over a scalpel. It's a named sword that's stronger than any scalpel and most other swords.
    Naw. The blade of a scalpel would always be way sharper than the blade of a sword, just because the work it has to do requires that extra degree of finesse. Zoro doesn't use a scalpel for the same reason that he uses a named sword: he is a swordsman, and thus must intrinsically have a relationship with his blade. Law COULD use a scalpel because he is NOT a swordsman.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

I've never heard of a scalpel cutting through bone.. It would make no sense to use a long sword if you could be using a little scalpel instead, since it would be much much quicker to make cutting motions with the littler blade.

Also, theres litterally no way a normal blade is stronger then a named blade(in OPverse).
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Scalpels are the sharpest knives out there, some extremely expensive ones are used to dissect viruses. However, they are not useful in combat, as, though they are sharp, they are still very small, dull quickly, and are easy to break. Law probably uses a scalpel when he is doing actual operations, probably named it too.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I've never heard of a scalpel cutting through bone.. It would make no sense to use a long sword if you could be using a little scalpel instead, since it would be much much quicker to make cutting motions with the littler blade.

Also, theres litterally no way a normal blade is stronger then a named blade(in OPverse).
    How about with Haki? In that case, it would really depend on the person not on the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Scalpels are the sharpest knives out there, some extremely expensive ones are used to dissect viruses. However, they are not useful in combat, as, though they are sharp, they are still very small, dull quickly, and are easy to break. Law probably uses a scalpel when he is doing actual operations, probably named it too.
    The more you know..rainbow

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Law is so cool in this chapter. with the power of devil fruit, Law really looks like a magician>,<. can't wait to see one piece 662 now. what's Sanji's react about it? that's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    And the point I was trying to make was that Law can't just pull limbs apart. It had nothing to do with you, cross. As for the sword thing: Law uses his sword over a scalpel for the same reason Zoro uses Kitetsu over a scalpel. It's a named sword that's stronger than any scalpel and most other swords.
    I agree that he needs the sword to amplify its df's power,but i see no reason to assume that he can pull a person's limb apart without using it.I mean his ability allowed him to toss a battleship in the air with the flick of his finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Come on guys, everyone knows that battles can only be won through the brilliant tactical manuever of loudly announcing one's attacks before launching them!

Naw. The blade of a scalpel would always be way sharper than the blade of a sword, just because the work it has to do requires that extra degree of finesse. Zoro doesn't use a scalpel for the same reason that he uses a named sword: he is a swordsman, and thus must intrinsically have a relationship with his blade. Law COULD use a scalpel because he is NOT a swordsman.
    You arrived to that conclusion without giving it much thought obviously.

Sure,Law uses his DF to damage people from afar but what happens when its CQ combat?Is highly possible that he uses his sword in combination to his df power.So he could very well be a swordsman though he doesnt use swordsmanship only.

How about with Haki? In that case, it would really depend on the person not on the blade.
    It always depends more on the person than the blade.That doesnt mean the blade is irrelevant.Someone who uses haki to strengthen his blade could be more effective than someone who uses a batter blade than him.But if he and his opponent have similar skill and haki level the one with the better blade is gonna have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Only because a scalpel lacks the size (and thus, the mass) of a sword, so even if you swing it with the same force...you know what, aggeroff already did it:
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    The more you know..rainbow

You're welcome, buddy.

That'll be $27.50.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You arrived to that conclusion without giving it much thought obviously.

Sure,Law uses his DF to damage people from afar but what happens when its CQ combat?Is highly possible that he uses his sword in combination to his df power.So he could very well be a swordsman though he doesnt use swordsmanship only.
    The fact that I pulled my statement from the netherworld is completely irrelevant. No self-respecting swordsman would default to a DF in a fight. He would, of course, resort to the use of his blade(s). Sure, Law can swing the actual sword at people, and can make hacking motions that would likely cut an opponent if they got in the way. But he's a far ways away from having a duel with Zoro. Or Shiliew. Etc.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

I agree that he needs the sword to amplify its df's power,but i see no reason to assume that he can pull a person's limb apart without using it.I mean his ability allowed him to toss a battleship in the air with the flick of his finger.
    I theorize that Law can only move whole objects. i.e he can toss people around like rags but he can't control them like puppets a la Doflamingo. Thus he is unable to rip limbs apart as the object is controlled as one. Back to the ship; the ship is cut in half and stacked atop a mountain that is also chopped and stacked.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Only because a scalpel lacks the size (and thus, the mass) of a sword, so even if you swing it with the same force...you know what, aggeroff already did it:
    Yeah.. I don't know if your trying to be a douche bag here, however I was just pointing out why Law had a sword.. because he can't just use any sharp object in his "room" to cut bodies in half the object he uses has to be able to do it (meaning he couldn't use a dagger/etc because those blades could not cut a person in half with 1 swipe) - just like he can't cut them apart with his hands.

If this was the case why has he always used his sword in a cutting motion, that seems a waste of time if he could just cut people apart with his hands. I know it makes sense if his "room" can lift a battleship it *should* be able to rip a arm off of a human, still its a DF ability, they all have their limitations.

:EDIT:

I suppose he can only cut things that his sword could fully go through, so like he couldn't use his DF to chop a Brogy sized giant in half. It would make sense that's why he uses a sword that's nearly longer then he is tall.

If I recall before he had Bepo carry his sword, idk but I can not imagine Zoro giving anyone his swords to carry (unless he was badly injured then maybe)- Law must have some skill with a blade (he couldn't have purely relied on his DF), but I doubt he's a "swordsmen" in the sense of Mihawk/Vista/etc in my opinion he only carries a sword because it complements his DF, without which he wouldn't be able to chop people apart.
    Last edited by Airicks; 03-28-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)