• |3| Average

0 0%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Whoever doubted my claim that it was Brownbeard as the centaur boss now is kicking themselves. Though looks like Brownbeard is atop a banawani!? Damn Law, you show no mercy what so ever lol.

Ope Ope Fruit (as in operation) sounds and looks badass, and it shows that the weakness is Haki?! Well, then Sanji must not have haki or his level is lower than Law's power grid (which is the more plausible scenerio).

Still not convinced that Law is a bad guy in all of this. Sure he is a Shichibukai and WG lacky (in title) but in reality he is going toe to toe with a vice admiral in Smoker and one of the most rutheless Marine Branches known. He's still a pirate at heart and will severe anyone's who stands against his wishes. Him switching the SHs around is comical, but I bet it is to disorient them as opposed to actually destroying them. Law will in the end have a second take at comprimise/mercy for his fellow pirates....
    Just having Haki doesn't save you. Sanji and the rest of the group got hit with that technique, but that doesn't mean that they don't have haki to negate the ability, but rather that they were hit with a surprise shot to their back.

I still think that Law isn't really much of an enemy to Luffy.

He's more like a rival (kinda Eiji-like from Bakuman).

I bet those hundred hearts were from the animals he fused to the pirates (Brownbeard, etc.).

Law's got an ulterior motive joining the WG as a Shichibukai.

I know he can fight, but he's more of the calculating type of person.

I loved the chapter.

Great chapter....I loved it.
    I still can't figure out Law though as to whether he is a good guy or a bad guy but I expect the fight between him and smoker to be epic. I'm sure Luffy will come to his aid if smoker proves to be too much for him. I'm just wondering how sanji and co will be reverted back to their normal selves:
    Will it happen with time?
    Will they have to defeat Law to make it happen? will defeating law even bring them back to normal or will Law do it voluntarily?
    Anyway, brownbeard's face when he remembered who Luffy was was priceless....lol.
    He looked like he just shat bricks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

I believe Law will revert their hearts willingly.

Like I said, I never had the whole super villain image on him.

The cover page just confirmed something important. Magellan ain't the warden anymore as expected. Oda won't waste a character like that to be stuck at ID. He's probably a marine now. Admiral Magellan FTW!

sig made by me

This chapter was simply amazing!!

Law's even more badass that i though he'd be.And lolk at Brownbeard being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_THE_Sword View Post
    So @ high levels of haki Laws powers just don't work??? which means There isno way he could swap Luffy around, so how are they supposed to fight since both rely on abilities, though luffy's more of a brawler.
    Its not that they dont work.Haki hasnt shown to "negate" df powers.But a good haki user ccouldvuse CoA as an arnour to protect himself when Law's tries to cut him with his DF ability.

Of course in a battle with an opponent on your level you cant poull this out all the time.

I don't think they'll take out law just now, since he seems the most interesting of the Supernovas, In rival terms and so on, but I'd like to see if they need Law to fix the SH's body mind status or not.... can't figure out what Oda's plan is right now.
    No,they wont.Law's gonna be Luffy's rival for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ-OnePieceGuy View Post
    Just how the fuck did Brownbeard survive his fight with Hawkins? I really canĀ“t imagine that Hawkins lost, since he should just be much stronger than Brownbeard. Did his prediction fail?

He might have kicked the shit out of him,but BB barely survived and then M found him and used him as an experiment material.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieg009 View Post
    I'm so happy now those people implying Luffy is not that strong enough after 2 years training will definitely have to rethink! Having Baoshokou Haki is indeed the kryptonite like sea stone for DF users...Just like the way the 3 admirals acknowledge Luffy using Haki in war of the best...

No you need to rethink.Its made blatantly obvious that in the NW ewveryone and their mother has haki,so Luffy wont be so special.And we've seen how the strong guys can counter haki.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post

Still not convinced that Law is a bad guy in all of this.
    Me neither.

I wouldn't count on the Centaurs being experiments. Brownbeard was mentioned as an "aligator centaur," so that likely means that the centaurs are actual New World residents instead of experimental creations. Could be wrong, though. Brownbeard is mentioned as a former pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
    I wouldn't count on the Centaurs being experiments. Brownbeard was mentioned as an "aligator centaur," so that likely means that the centaurs are actual New World residents instead of experimental creations. Could be wrong, though. Brownbeard is mentioned as a former pirate.
    Did you know, in the manga, Brown Beard has never been shown from the waste down? That being said, his crew, the ones Brook just defeated are the same crew as shown with Brown Beard two years ago; with legs I might add.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Did you know, in the manga, Brown Beard has never been shown from the waste down? That being said, his crew, the ones Brook just defeated are the same crew as shown with Brown Beard two years ago; with legs I might add.
    Actually, it would seem that Brownbeard was half alligator-half human prior to punk hazard.Thus to say at the time he met Basil Hawkins. The rest though I think are experiments that were inspired by the way their captain looked after they encountered Law.
    Look to the right bottom corner of the last panel.

- Nope.
    Last edited by Arbitrary; 03-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

I'm going to assume most of the creatures on the island, aside from Brownbeard and crew, are real mythical representations; dragons, harpies, fauns are most likely naturally occuring creatures. However, I'm under the impression Brownbeard survived Hawkins somehow and was brought to Punk Hazard for experimentation, where Law, being ruthless and such, turned them into centaurs. That or somehow they shape-shifted their lower halves into animals. Hell if I know.