Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

D.Gray-man The Curse? The 14th? Chapter 36/37 a possible connection?

It's truely been an epic journey for this action packed manga. And in light of the recent implications of Mana as the 14th, i want all you people out there to look back at chapters 36 and 37. In particular chk out ch36's page 13-15. For the very first (and as of yet the only) time we see the "D" (from the title "D. Grayman") on Allen. The skull of what appears to be an akuma (chk out the pentagon on its head) emerges from his cursed eye and evolves his abilities. Moving on to ch37, the very first pages (2-5) show Allen reminising on Mana, who incidentally is blurred so we dont get a good look at the guy, and the spiralling image of Mana into the image of the akuma skull.

So whats this all mean? Allen simply feeling guilty for turning Mana into an akuma and evoking his own hidden abilities? Or possibly something deeper such as the spirit of Mana (akuma or noah) guiding and protecting him all the way.

I'd also like to cite Allen's special innocence in protecting Allen when he was stabbed in the heart by Mick and remaining intact (kinda) wen it was crushed. A possible relation to the curse/Mana/the 14th? Who knows! (Hoshino Katsura)

Anywho i'd like to know everyones thoughts.

I thought about is as well already. Since the curse it the only unusual about Allen and Mana relationship, the only strange thing in which Mana could have given Allen the power.

Lavi said Allen's some sort of exception. Not sure whether the Innocence is connected with that.

r.a.n.d.o.m.n.e.s.s.
    Mentally in the anime world, physically in Singapore ;)
    Maybe Mana is the one who received the power of the 14th but is not the 14th.. And as stated in chapter 136, Allen might have been the one who "fufils the requirement of 14th". So Mana took in Allen and taught him the characters on the score..

As for the part about the innocence, I'm thinking maybe Allen's innocence is a part of the "heart", combined with Lenalee's, because Lenalee's innocence also protected her when she was in danger and Lavi and the rest couldn't get Lenalee out of her innocence in crystal form but when she was attacked by the Earl, Allen could actually kind of "go inside" her innocence and help her.. And his innocence, though crushed, could still be restored.

But if Allen is the 14th then he is actually protected by "2 gods" - the innocence and the noah.. So his innocence could become a part of his heart as (1) Allen is noah = immortal [?] and (2) his innocence = the heart [?]. That's what I think, anyway.. ><

By the way that time when a hole was made in Allen's heart his blood "slowly turned to black" and later we see that Tiki Mikk's blood was black also.. So I think Allen is the 14th.. (Sorry if I sound confusing... ><)
    Last edited by addenza; 11-17-2007 at 03:53 PM.

I don't know what to think about the Mana-curse-Allen relationship, that only explain the nature of allen's power (akuma-innocense abilities, black and withe) I have some doubts about Mana, If he is a soo important character, soo impotant to know the score symbols to play the ark and can give to allen a great curse (or gift) why the earl only try to make him an akuma? the earl is so stupid and never realize the important knowledge Mana have before he make the hit list for tikky?! and now two questions: who is the old guy who know about the ark? (the old guy dying in the order) and what the heck is the shadow that Allen can see now?

I have a simple theory about the relationship betwen Allen and the 14th whit those things:

1. The true father of Allen is the 14th (look the image of the 14th in the 137ch when is mentioned -I think he looks like allen-) he die in some kind of Earl or Noah attack and whit the last breath he found his old friend Mana and give him to care a baby Allen... OR

2. is the old guy who is about to die in the order and he left Allen whit Mana and dissapear all this time to protect him... can be?

Mana and the 14th (Allen's father) know each other for old times, why? is the only way in that time the 14th teachs mana the score symbols to secure Allen can learn how to play the Ark if he dies or get lost... I support this, the ability is geneticaly passed but the score symbols can be teached.

3. About the shadow that Allen can see now, posibly is the dark side of the noah hinerited to allen for his father?

to me this is all I can think, and can only say something: This story is soo great! I love Hoshino Katsura

that's what I say. sorry for my free style english.

Hey, I like the theory with Allen's father being the 14th Noah xD

Eh some ppl have to work on their grammer .. not pleasant to read.

Quote Originally Posted by redzero00 View Post
    Eh some ppl have to work on their grammer .. not pleasant to read.
    :( sorry about that, english is not my mother language, is spanish...

Err...English isn't my mother tongue either (and I have not only my mother tongue to learn but the country language I'm in, too...). I think redzero00-san just wants to tell you that you better practice a bit.

hehe yeah, I have to practice more

But these forum discussions really help a lot learning English...if the members are using nice English, of course^^

Uhm...Allen's eye hadn't been activated lately, huh (because they were fighting Noah)? Maybe now, since NOW the Akuma are all over in the Order...(I think all Lv3)