Gradual Character design changes - Smart

Hey guys

I was feeling nostalgic, decided that I will go back to some of the earlier chapters in Bleach, take a glance. Especially the Soul Society arc.

I was amazed to see how much the physical character designs have come along. Sticking so long with this series makes one not even realise how subtle Kubo was in making the character features "grow". If you check out those chapters, Ichigo looks almost child-like, frail. Now he totally manned up in appearance after time, and after so many battles. Same holds for the other characters.

I thought Kubo did well on that front.

Have a look.

That's usually the case for mangas that become so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    That's usually the case for mangas that become so popular.
    And mangas that have been drawn for over 10+ years. Just compare the beginning of One Piece to what it is now. Good God! I couldn't bear to read the manga from the very beginning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    And mangas that have been drawn for over 10+ years. Just compare the beginning of One Piece to what it is now. Good God! I couldn't bear to read the manga from the very beginning lol.
    thats especially notable @ rereading the old chapters of OP or watching the old Anime episodes, it looks like Digimon, and quite childish compared to today, which goes for almost every longlasting Manga. Maybe not HSDK which kept its style, but went more towards the ecchi path over time.

All mangaka develop their style over time, it's only natural. I have to say that I am not fully liking where Kubo is going with Ichigo's style now though. I liked him the best during FKT :(