Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    We have light, and we have sabers. Why can't we have lightsabers?

Similarly, you should just ignore it and just go with it. It would be pretty boring if they had cars, helicopters and such and didn't have to use summons.
    Just so you know, children...

I Rule.

My thought about this is that maybe the people in Naruto believe that Chakra heals injuries either more effectively or faster then normal medications and those herbs used might help the chakra work faster or more efficiently.

Maybe the mixture of old and new technology contributes to the originality of the anime from most others out there?

Stand and rot away with the rest of the world as the sun peers down upon us and burn us into nothingness.

most likely the odd technology gap was done just for effect to give the story a unique feel.

but if you want a more logical explanation or to lawyer the storyline then here's a few ideas. one idea would be to say ninjutsu and Chakra manipulation has had a direct effect on where they focused there technological development on.

another possibility is that there importing there technology from a yet unknown nation which would explain the odd gabs in there technology.

about the bird thing , even if they did have radio technology that could transmit over the distances needed they might be reluctant to do that given the situation. after all there village was just attacked letting anyone i.e. other hostile villages know what had happened would have been a stupid idea. so a bird would have been far more secure.

It's a make believe world with a mixture of imagination to appeal to the audience. We don't need ninjas in this day of age because we have snipers with sniper guns, and silencers on our pistols. If Kishi were to put these elements into Naruto, it wouldn't be the same.

Look at all the Final Fantasy games. They mix old with new... swords with guns... crazy technology, yet everyone seems to walk on foot... you know. It's just how it is. Just replace our military with ninja's and our medicine with chakra arts, and you have Naruto!

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    it s been bothering me from the start

the technologie in the naruto world...

there are talkie walkies(radio transmission and EMP technologie) ,refrigerators,cameras...but no phones,no cars(chariots still used) and that is weird

some computers and machines in konoha's hospital to keep an eye on injured ninja's vital signs...but the healing methods are herb combination and chakra control...

it s like the shinobi villages are using methods that look a bit old...and at the same time recent technologie...that s a untidiness and disorder in the time line

does anyone have an explanation to this?
    naruworld = feudal japan + current technology, excluding gun power, steam engines and all war technologies that would make ninjutsu look week (such as atomic bomd, etc...)

I think that guns do exist in the Naruto world, they just aren't used.

Becuase I do remember someone saying something was "faster than a bullet."

you jus gota go with whatever they give you =P i mean technology difference is not the only thing thats not realistic in naruto, yet alone any manga^^

I like it better that way, imagine them with guns...jutsu wouldn't even be used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post

you dreamed it or filler episode

kishimoto specifically created a world where the only weapons are traditional shinobi weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post

Well, who needs a bullet in the Naruto world, any kind of jutsu can easily defeat a person with a gun...