Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Zombie Powder ~ Kubo Tite

As some of you Bleach Fans may be aware Tite Kubo (author of Bleach) also did Zombie Powder, I thought that it was a good manga for its short life, due to having been cancelled after 27 chapters.

A good concept and I think it needs a mention somewhere on this forum.

Setting & plot:
    Zombie Powder has a futuristic-western setting, similar to that of Trigun. The story begins in 716 A.E. The signs on buildings are in English, but some characters speak Spanish, Russian, and Italian phrases.

Most characters in the manga are "Powder Hunters" searching for the legendary "Zombie Powder". It can make the dead come back to life and make the living immortal, much like the philosopher's stone. However, to obtain the zombie powder one needs to collect the twelve Rings of the Dead. The Rings of the Dead use life energy from anything living to create the Zombie Powder. If a Ring eats a human, that person will fall into a coma. The person will be in that state until he or she dies. Due to the abrupt ending of the manga, the appearance of the Zombie Powder remains unknown, although it may look like white powder that forms a skull with glowing blue eyes (source: Wikipedia/Zombie Powder).

To view Manga:
    MSN Group Zombie Powder

Zombie Powder ended right before getting truly awesome, IMO. A real shame.
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

i always wanted to check this out, but the art is a big turn off for me.

I too was thinking of reading this, but for a different reason. I didn't want to be dissapointed, knowing that after four volumes, it will just cut off, (and most likely), will never be continued.
    That is a turn off for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I too was thinking of reading this, but for a different reason. I didn't want to be dissapointed, knowing that after four volumes, it will just cut off, (and most likely), will never be continued.
    That is a turn off for me...
    I also do not like reading incomplete mangas, I happened to read this during the first couple of Bleach manga chapters to see what Tite Kubo work was like and did not care to check if it was on-going or not.

That one would have been a great manga if it hadn't cancel it would have probably been better than Bleach.

''Brother running with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!''

No I'm glad he dropped it and started Bleach. Its not as thrilling as Bleach, but I guess its decent.

wherever people who are looking at this aren't.
    This manga is pretty good, although not as good as other ones i have read b/c it lacked feeling, but i am sad to hear that it has ended. i didn't know that before...

Lara

in the Village of hidden the sand (Sunagakure) with Gaara.
    Its pretty cool. Its not one of my favorites but i'll read it sometimes.

This is Gaara. Hes a bitch; but hes my sexy bitch.

he stopped at vol.4 i think...i read 2
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood