Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Head over to the discussion here 'http://www.mangashare.com/showthread.php?t=170' ... loads of wonderful links at your disposal !
    "I'm not concerned that you've fallen- I'm concerned that you arise."

Quote Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
    My friend and myself both speak Japanese pretty good (we both used to live there), and wanted to start translating manga for works that others usually wont pick up, you know, just to get some practice.

Any bits of advice, I've got an account on Manga helpers, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips ^^
    Well, you don't need to have any experience to be a Translator. You just need to have the knowledge, and that's it ^^

Sound easy eh xD

One tip for you To make a perfect script, you must also include SFX... erm.. that's all i guess

That depends. There are enough translators in reputable groups who don't consider SFX important at all.

That is why i say.. Compare anime with Manga... What's missing? The Sound. If you were to add SFX into the manga, that will surely improve the overall performance of the manga. And that will make your script looks perfect!

Because you aren't lacking of something Anyway, that's my 2 cents

"Don!" or "Zawa zawa" or "whisper" or whatever don't really mean that much to me when reading a manga though. I never pay attention to SFX in something that simply doesn't have sound. Sure there are exceptions, where it's not obvious from the pictures alone what happened; and certain manga are much more dependent of them. But in general my eyes skip over them.

Of course, as an editor, I'm also glad I work for translators who feel the same way. xD

I think sound effects make the manga better, however, while I have enough understanding of the Japanese language/culture to understand how the got the sound... some of the onomatopoeias just make no sense. Especially the sound effects for inaudible actions... lol... Sometimes I have to check to make sure the sound effect really is what I think it is lol!
    Check out my Art Thread HERE
    or Check out my Deviant Art Gallery HERE
    Currently Translating
    None ATM =(