Even Madara Uchicha himself has confirmed: not only was Hashirama Senju the founder of the Hidden Leaf and trumper of in-his-prime Madara Uchiha, he was also one of the strongest ninja to ever have lived, second only to the original Sage. So much so that even today, every character with dreams of power seek HASHIRAMA'S power to fulfill them. And the results have always been more than impressive.
But if the current generation will always surpass the one before, then how would he stand up to his own second coming - Uzumaki Naruto.
Naruto, through sheer guts and the ability to never doubt himself, has risen from class clown/screw-up to fulfilling some of the most important prophesies of the series. That courage has also allowed him to wield two of the most dangerous/harmful powers in the Naruto universe. Through an impressive combination of these powers and his own conviction, he has defeated and turned some of his most powerful enemies to allies--from Zabuza and Haku, to Pain, to the Nine-tailed beast Kurama.
- Mastery and exclusive use of Mokuton jutsus, able to generate living trees to attack, defend, entrap, and disable.
- Darkness Jutsu that completely cuts off an opponents most vital asset: sight.
- The ability to surpress the most destructive and powerful of the tailed beasts, Kurama
- Ability to heal himself from injuries, without the need to form seals of any kind
- Mastery of Sage Energy and its Jutsus that grant enhanced healing, resistance, power, and ability to sense and evade danger
- Full cooperation (full mastery to come) of the raw power and chakra of Kurama, the strongest of the tailed beasts, for offensive and defensive purposes; bijuu are confirmed as stronger within a Jinchuuriki vs. on their own
- Unpredictable nature that allows for quick battle adaptation and on-the-fly strategery (!wd)
- Ability to make clones that can themselves enter and use all of the advantages of sage mode
So if it came to blows between the direct descendant of the Senju and the realization of the SO6P's prophesy, who would take it?!
Does Hashirama's reputation still stand, or has several generations been enough to truly evolve that one step beyond?