Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note

Hybrid View

Death Note

The series just started in YTV so I watch it there.Well I guess thats it so watch Death Note at Ytv Friday night at 10 pm eastern.

I still havent got round to downloading the anime version, i never thought it would be as good as the manga

yeah DN is a very nice anime show.. no negative comments, one of the best i've seen

it's one of my favorite series. i love it. i read the manga and watched the show.

the manga was good, but i ultimately like the anime before because imo, the art is better. the effects when light is getting all crazy are fantastic, and it's just... just... WOW. i love it. his seiyuu is also particularly amazing - hearing him do light after tamaki on ouran host club was a trip.

the best anime manga so far for me

dn is okay if you just go with all the stuff going on
    two geniuses trying to outwit each other...
    the only problem, if it was really two geniuses, and I think they mean really high I.Q. like 180, then this show would only be 12 to 14 episodes long
    I've actually seen what these people are capable of... they instantly learn everything but sometimes lack direction for what to learn or lack any motivation.

plus, a real genius would never be caught and not attempt to become a "god"
    because in the long term, staying unsuspicous would be far more effective

think about: just revive a former disease that killed a big chunk of the world population

seriously, light is quite the fictional character, but... L is more to the genius side of things despite some exaggerations

I'm not saying DN is bad, just unreasonable as far as plot goes, but quite original.

Quote Originally Posted by g7_gomitat7 View Post
    dn is okay if you just go with all the stuff going on
    two geniuses trying to outwit each other...
    the only problem, if it was really two geniuses, and I think they mean really high I.Q. like 180, then this show would only be 12 to 14 episodes long
    I've actually seen what these people are capable of... they instantly learn everything but sometimes lack direction for what to learn or lack any motivation.

plus, a real genius would never be caught and not attempt to become a "god"
    because in the long term, staying unsuspicous would be far more effective

think about: just revive a former disease that killed a big chunk of the world population

seriously, light is quite the fictional character, but... L is more to the genius side of things despite some exaggerations

I'm not saying DN is bad, just unreasonable as far as plot goes, but quite original.

i disagree...staying unsuspicious would be more effective....it s true,but that's not the point
    light wanted the world to know about his existence and ideals...he did it while hiding=that's a true genius and a great challenge spirit....like saying,i am KIRA this is how i want the world to become explicitly,and implicitly saying come after me if you can.....that s why i loved this manga/anime

It isn't as bad as I suspected, but I wish they didn't cut it short and go along with the manga more. The manga wasn't that long in the first place, anyways...

that s where they fu** up...but they managed to make it through,that was good

i thought the lamest part of the ending was when n said that him an m worked together to catch kira, which is BS

Light got caught because he overlooked the pattern of the guy he employed to be Kira (I don't remember his name). This guy mirrored exactly what Light would do in practically every situation. Initially, this was the reason Light favored him so much, but it was eventually his downfall. M had nothing to with this. It was because that guy recorded his death that Light got caught, and the police didn't die. It was just merely overlooking a detail, that Light paid with his life.

If that didn't happen, Light would go on as he always did.

But... come on! Just reviving the bubonic plague would have been so much easier. It is the perfect cover! No one would ever have figured it out. AND... people would think that this plague is the result of their "sin" on their own and attribute in to one of monothiestic Judaism God. There is no need for Light to become a "god" when one already is believed to exist within society.