Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Help : A Good Anime Movie for Young girls

Hey guys,

I was interested in finding a really good anime movie that's age appropriate for a 6 year old girl. I really dont keep up with all the latest anime films so I may be a bit out of the loop. I already have several Hayao Miyazaki films so that's a no brainer but I was looking for something a little bit different.

It doesnt have to be too girly as she likes action and adventure stuff and she also likes sci fi. I wish I could get something like Uninhabited Planet Survive but its not available in English as far as I know. She has seen Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW but it was sub and I had to spend the entire time explaining what was being said which why I would rather get English dubbed. I thought about Galaxy express but it seems too depressing.

I already know about Salior Moon but I was thinking maybe there is something more recent with sense of adventure. I was thinking about getting Summer Wars but I have honestly never seen it and not sure if a 6 year old would like it.

I have certain criteria that I hope it fits into:

Condition 1: That its age appropriate for a 6 year old

Condition 2: Ideally something with a sense of adventure (not too girly)

Condition 3: Something available or soon to be in English dubb (no subs)

Thanks

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Does it have to be a movie? No series?

Can't think of any movies, and I'd prefer old school stuff like Ah! Megami-Sama and You're Under Arrest, but for more recent ones, I'd suggest Seto no Hanayome. myanimelist shows English voice actors, so it should have an English dub?

Tv series are ok too thanks.

Keep em coming

Fire type

Any Pokemon movies and series. :-)
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Wow POW, you start young. Not judging you or anything; the heart wants what the heart wants.

I don't really watch Anime movies but if you allow suggestions for series:
    Chii's Sweet Home. A series about a kitten living with a family.
    One Piece. You want an Adventure directed towards the youth, nothing is better than One Piece
    Azumanga Daioh
    Lucky♥Star
    Any series about magical girls should be okay.
    PowerPuffGirls Z. Japanese powerpuffgirls. Although I prefer the original.
    Hamtaro.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Summer Wars... yeah the world is in danger of being destroyed by A.I. and fighting against it are a genius mathematic and the worlds best fighting game champion, plus a big family controlled by one grandma, hmmm there is a little blood, there is dying, the avatars might look plain and sweet at first but King Kazume is pretty awesome if you ask me (there is even a spin off manga only about the champion of fighting games). Hard to say, all of the violence is done by avatars, it's a little like digimon but more serious I guess ?

I would recommend Digimon series and films since they are better than Pokemon (a little bit more mature though), but you yourself POW might watch Summer Wars since it's a great movie .

Actually I caught Summer Wars on Youtube it was pretty good. I ended up getting Magic Knight Rayearth I thouht it has elements of everything she might like Fanstasy/ adventure/ action/ comedy plus a cool story. I actually have the old Fansubs on VHS (lol) but I decided to get the English DvD.

Chii's Sweet Home was also a great recommendation I actually caught myself watching like 10 episodes XD its really kind of cute but the 3 min episodes is a bit odd. I guess it matches kids attention spans these days. I already have Pokemon stuff for her and I'm aware of Digimon but I'm always looking for new series so please keep em coming.

I have to keep my eye on what to get next.

Fire type

Beet The Vandel Buster also looked promising but I have never really seen much of it before. Its a bit harder to find.

Fire type

Beet is unfinished, though. Great first series, crappy second one, and no ending.

Akizukin Chacha is also a nice series. It's a fantasy gag anime with a little puppy love story. It's actually old. Here in my country it is considered a classic. For more info try going to this website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akazukin_Chacha
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA