Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

why would kyuubi tell sasuke NOT to kill naruto

i was rereading the manga from the beginning and.... came upon this ~ haha

http://www.mangareader.net/93-314-8/...apter-309.html

"do not kill naruto, you'll regret it"

any thoughts as why he gave sasuke this advice?

Cuz the Kyuubi would eventually resurrect and wreak havoc upon the world again, and he'd make Sasuke his first victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Cuz the Kyuubi would eventually resurrect and wreak havoc upon the world again, and he'd make Sasuke his first victim?
    I don't think that's what it was about. It might be that Kyuubi could tell that Naruto was truly Sasuke's friend, and knew Sasuke would be plunged into eternal darkness if he killed the only person that really cared about him.

This is one of those points in the manga that was never really explained, and I'm not sure we'll get an explanation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    I don't think that's what it was about. It might be that Kyuubi could tell that Naruto was truly Sasuke's friend, and knew Sasuke would be plunged into eternal darkness if he killed the only person that really cared about him.

This is one of those points in the manga that was never really explained, and I'm not sure we'll get an explanation at all.
    Eh no. @Afro Thundra is right. At that point in time the Kyuubi didn't give a **** about Naruto or anyone else, he just knew he wanted to shred everyone once he came out.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

There's a thread on this by me, i think i did one here and on the theroies section long before that. Basiclly me and some other guys speculated the fox knows something about the sharingan the uchiha may not know ie weakness due to his relationship with the so6p and the juubi. There was other points made which where good aswell. Cant be bothered finding the thread.

As for this,

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    No way, why would the fox warn ppl to not release him? May I remind everyone the fox has been trying to escape naruto ever since he was sealed in naruto at the time. The fox now has changed his view some what about shinobi and is more on the level with naruto now, but this doesnt matter as the fox said that to sasuke at a time where fox hated shinobi.

There Must be something really Negative or Extremely distasteful to Tailed Beasts about the Re-Birth Process (if the host dies), that the Fox wanted to avoid. I suspect that the Fox may be reborn in a Weakened state, easy to capture, easy to seal, and unable to Rampage for an extended period of time.

What if Tailed Beasts are reborn as Cute little Chibis after the host dies, and it would then take them decades to regain all their Chakra.

I think that The Fox saw Naruto at the time as Vulnerable, and Perhaps his best Chance at freedom with the fewest complications. The Fox was probably licking his chops at how close to freedom (at full power) he was by taking over Naruto. If this is so, Sasuke Would be messing up his Chances by killing Naruto. I can see how this scenario would cause him to threaten Sasuke from killing Naruto.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Afro Thunda is correct.The Nine-Tailed Fox indirectly warned Sasuke that killing Naruto would lead to his death.I guess the Fox hated the Uchiha's after the incident with Madara.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki.Naruto View Post
    Afro Thunda is correct.The Nine-Tailed Fox indirectly warned Sasuke that killing Naruto would lead to his death.I guess the Fox hated the Uchiha's after the incident with Madara.
    The Fox's hatred of the Uchiha (and everyone else actually) is a known fact. So the Fox would be happy to Kill Sasuke Whether he kills Naruto or not. Moreover, as Psukkar said, Killing Naruto would only release the Fox, which is ostensibly what the Fox wants, so why the need for more threats then?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    There Must be something really Negative or Extremely distasteful to Tailed Beasts about the Re-Birth Process (if the host dies), that the Fox wanted to avoid. I suspect that the Fox may be reborn in a Weakened state, easy to capture, easy to seal, and unable to Rampage for an extended period of time.

What if Tailed Beasts are reborn as Cute little Chibis after the host dies, and it would then take them decades to regain all their Chakra.

I think that The Fox saw Naruto at the time as Vulnerable, and Perhaps his best Chance at freedom with the fewest complications. The Fox was probably licking his chops at how close to freedom (at full power) he was by taking over Naruto. If this is so, Sasuke Would be messing up his Chances by killing Naruto. I can see how this scenario would cause him to threaten Sasuke from killing Naruto.
    I just can't see any solid reason for the Fox's dire threats beyond the above....

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

well, i think the best reason is the one you came up with paul, about the kyubi looking at naruto as emotionally weak and a ticking time bomb at the time, being the perfect vessel for the kyubi to accidentally release the kyubi in the open and that could happen at any time at that time since he had a bad temper, and i would suspect that if naruto was killed with kurama inside him, he would be away for some time regenerating, technically being dead for that time, and if we are talking about a few decades then its understandable that the kyubi wouldnt want naruto to die, because eventho it is sealed away, it would still have the chance to be released, he wouldnt if he was regenerating(i would assume it is the place we saw the SO6P talk to the newly created bijuus)

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This is in fact something that we know, and it's because of this that Naruto and Gamabunto could take down Gaara and Shukaku. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a warning in the same way you would warn someone to watch their steps when walking on ice, but rather the same as when a criminal says that everyone will regret putting him in prison once he gets out. But just so that you don't think I completely dismiss the idea, this might be the reason why he tells Sasuke not to kill Naruto.

I don't see Kurama's comment as more than a show of his confidence and his utterly arrogance against each and everyone. And when you look at it from his perspective, the giant nine tailed fox vs a mere human child, who would you bet on? And maybe also he says it because he hates the Uchiha.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you