3 16.67%
  • |3| Average

1 5.56%
  • |2| Bad

1 5.56%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    After consulting a befriended linguist I found out that the expression "VANDEN" has no meaningful sense in German, while "REICH" in the context used in Bleach always stands for "Empire" since its used as a Name and not an adjective which would mean "rich". So the VANDENNREICH is the VANDENEMPIRE.

btw. Kubo's german expressions are often a little rough, or semanticly incorrect....

Quote Originally Posted by playerhm View Post
    no it doesn't. vandens could mean of water, but water–vanduo
    but let's not confuse germans and lithuanians, btw my dictionary says reich means rich, I don't see empire anywhere
    Reich as a noun in german is empire or kingdom...it only means rich when use as an adjective... in this chapter its very clear that reich would imply as a noun meaning empire or kingdom not as an adjective

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_THE_Sword View Post
    After consulting a befriended linguist I found out that the expression "VANDEN" has no meaningful sense in German, while "REICH" in the context used in Bleach always stands for "Empire" since its used as a Name and not an adjective which would mean "rich". So the VANDENNREICH is the VANDENEMPIRE.

btw. Kubo's german expressions are often a little rough, or semanticly incorrect....
    You're correct, although one interpretation that I've read is "of the empire", where "van" is the Dutch "of", and "den" the definite article.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    You're correct, although one interpretation that I've read is "of the empire", where "van" is the Dutch "of", and "den" the definite article.
    I know this comes from google translate, but when separating the words from Dutch, you get "of" and "the" so it's "Oftheempire" or rather "Of The Empire". That might be what Kubo was aiming for.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

But then the question becomes: of WHAT empire? *dun dun duuuunnnn*

Taking all bets!

-Are the quincy insinuating that they were sent by another ruling larger ruling group, like...another sereitei, but with Quincy instead of Shinigami?

-Is the "empire" the realm of the Spirit King itself, who has grown weary with the old stodgy "Shinigami experiment" that is Sereitei, and is thus sending its elite hit squad--the Vanderreich quincy--to dispatch of the lot of them?
    --(BONUS: The shinigami, desperate to survive the onslaught, are left with no choice but to free Aizen to fight on their side. Aizen replies simply with a smug "I tried to warn you." All the female Shinigami become instantly pregnant with spirit babies.)

-Did Kubo just wake up yesterday and decide "You know what sounds cool? 'Vanderreich', that's what!" and thus named his major antagonist group accordingly?

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    -Is the "empire" the realm of the Spirit King itself, who has grown weary with the old stodgy "Shinigami experiment" that is Sereitei, and is thus sending its elite hit squad--the Vanderreich quincy--to dispatch of the lot of them?
    --(BONUS: The shinigami, desperate to survive the onslaught, are left with no choice but to free Aizen to fight on their side. Aizen replies simply with a smug "I tried to warn you." All the female Shinigami become instantly pregnant with spirit babies.)

-Did Kubo just wake up yesterday and decide "You know what sounds cool? 'Vanderreich', that's what!" and thus named his major antagonist group accordingly?
    This!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you