View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter!

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    13 72.22%
  • |4| Good

    3 16.67%
  • |3| Average

    1 5.56%
  • |2| Bad

    1 5.56%
  • |1| Terrible

    0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    going nuts Lost_By_THE_Sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bavaria, thats near Germany
    Posts
    363
    After consulting a befriended linguist I found out that the expression "VANDEN" has no meaningful sense in German, while "REICH" in the context used in Bleach always stands for "Empire" since its used as a Name and not an adjective which would mean "rich". So the VANDENNREICH is the VANDENEMPIRE.


    btw. Kubo's german expressions are often a little rough, or semanticly incorrect....

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by playerhm View Post
    no it doesn't. vandens could mean of water, but water–vanduo
    but let's not confuse germans and lithuanians, btw my dictionary says reich means rich, I don't see empire anywhere
    Reich as a noun in german is empire or kingdom...it only means rich when use as an adjective... in this chapter its very clear that reich would imply as a noun meaning empire or kingdom not as an adjective

  3. #43
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_THE_Sword View Post
    After consulting a befriended linguist I found out that the expression "VANDEN" has no meaningful sense in German, while "REICH" in the context used in Bleach always stands for "Empire" since its used as a Name and not an adjective which would mean "rich". So the VANDENNREICH is the VANDENEMPIRE.


    btw. Kubo's german expressions are often a little rough, or semanticly incorrect....
    You're correct, although one interpretation that I've read is "of the empire", where "van" is the Dutch "of", and "den" the definite article.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Gaara Kazekage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    You're correct, although one interpretation that I've read is "of the empire", where "van" is the Dutch "of", and "den" the definite article.
    I know this comes from google translate, but when separating the words from Dutch, you get "of" and "the" so it's "Oftheempire" or rather "Of The Empire". That might be what Kubo was aiming for.


    Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!


    Water type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  5. #45
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    862
    But then the question becomes: of WHAT empire? *dun dun duuuunnnn*

    Taking all bets!

    -Are the quincy insinuating that they were sent by another ruling larger ruling group, like...another sereitei, but with Quincy instead of Shinigami?

    -Is the "empire" the realm of the Spirit King itself, who has grown weary with the old stodgy "Shinigami experiment" that is Sereitei, and is thus sending its elite hit squad--the Vanderreich quincy--to dispatch of the lot of them?
    --(BONUS: The shinigami, desperate to survive the onslaught, are left with no choice but to free Aizen to fight on their side. Aizen replies simply with a smug "I tried to warn you." All the female Shinigami become instantly pregnant with spirit babies.)

    -Did Kubo just wake up yesterday and decide "You know what sounds cool? 'Vanderreich', that's what!" and thus named his major antagonist group accordingly?

    THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!



    Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Gaara Kazekage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    -Is the "empire" the realm of the Spirit King itself, who has grown weary with the old stodgy "Shinigami experiment" that is Sereitei, and is thus sending its elite hit squad--the Vanderreich quincy--to dispatch of the lot of them?
    --(BONUS: The shinigami, desperate to survive the onslaught, are left with no choice but to free Aizen to fight on their side. Aizen replies simply with a smug "I tried to warn you." All the female Shinigami become instantly pregnant with spirit babies.)

    -Did Kubo just wake up yesterday and decide "You know what sounds cool? 'Vanderreich', that's what!" and thus named his major antagonist group accordingly?
    This!


    Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!


    Water type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •