Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Get ready for the tragedy. There's not one fiercely-followed property that Hollywood is not willing to completely and utterly bastardize.

Bleach, The Movie!
    starring:
    Justin Beiber as Ichigo Kurosaki!
    Kristin Stewart as Inoue Orihime!
    Michael Clark Duncan as Chad!
    Michael Cera as Ishida Uryuu!
    And More!

Oh, imagine the possibilities! The horror!!!
    I think I just threw up a little!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

^ I Threw up more then a little. Worst case scenario much?
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Old news though I didn't know Masi Oka was the one who brought them the idea for the project. Didn't know he was a fan, though if he sticks during production and then maybe this might turn out ok. But Hollywood fucked up Dragonball so we'll see what they do with Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Naruto would be an easier translation to live action than Bleach but without someone like Stephan Spielberg at the helm would fail.
    Naruto would be an easier transition? HA! Yeah right. That's what some people thought about Dragonball and look what crap that turned out to be.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

This is just a bad idea in so many ways...

Indeed...this gives me chills about the dragonball movie...i mean chichi n bulma were pretty cute but the rest of the movie just completely destroyed one of the best mangas ever. like seriously ever. Though i must admit that Bleach shd be able to transition toward the western adaptation much better than dragonballz. I think? Or not. Lol. The whole shinigami think is based on japanese cultural clothing designs...

Quote Originally Posted by thebulk View Post
    Indeed...this gives me chills about the dragonball movie...i mean chichi n bulma were pretty cute but the rest of the movie just completely destroyed one of the best mangas ever. like seriously ever. Though i must admit that Bleach shd be able to transition toward the western adaptation much better than dragonballz. I think? Or not. Lol. The whole shinigami think is based on japanese cultural clothing designs...
    You have seen the fight's in Bleach havn't you? There's no way in the slightest bit that they have a tiny chance to make something even resembling good compared to what we see in the Anime. And ofc, the biggest problem is always the actors, whom ever they pick to be Ichigo, he won't be cool enough! Whoever they pick to be Orihime and Rangiku, they won't be hot enough! And don't even get me started on how much they are going to fail on Kenpachi!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    You have seen the fight's in Bleach havn't you? There's no way in the slightest bit that they have a tiny chance to make something even resembling good compared to what we see in the Anime. And ofc, the biggest problem is always the actors, whom ever they pick to be Ichigo, he won't be cool enough! Whoever they pick to be Orihime and Rangiku, they won't be hot enough! And don't even get me started on how much they are going to fail on Kenpachi!
    You are hopping that we will SS in that movie ? Hah, it will probably be only Ichigo's gang fighting hollows in the human world. Not only that, he will probably use a normal soul cutter and not Zangetsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    And don't even get me started on how much they are going to fail on Kenpachi!
    What about this?

Well, considering the length of each Bleach arc there is no way they will be able to squeeze in anything within a 2 hour long movie. I mean, I've seen Mushishi that actually had some potential in the sense that each chapter is self-contained so there is no continuity problem since each story has an obvious start and end, not much so with Bleach, but they managed to fuck that up big time so.

What I see any screenwriter doing here would be something like this:

They will essentially have to merge the first chapters before the SS arc into one story. I can imagine that a good way to kick off the movie would have to have Uryu use the hollow bait (Orihime and Chad are already friends with Ichigo and we will not have time to see their background stories, although besides maybe in a flashback or so) and then just build on the whole Ichigo being a pureblood shinigami without knowing kind of deal. Since there is no resident shinigami in Karakura Town at the time Uryu used the bait, Rukia enters the scene, gets wounded, transfers powers to Ichigo and voila, we have the oddest merge possible of chapters but might work out for the big screen while at the same time justifying a shiteload of fighting, as Orihime and Chad would also develop powers at this point. Then the film basically ends with Uryu and Ichigo kililng off the menos grande and Urahara just being fishy in the background, thus ensuing the possibility for a sequel that would most likely be a rewritten version of the SS arc.

Would it suck immensely? Yes. I don't see how they can do Bleach any other way than this if they intend to even remotely base it off the original plot. Of course, the Americanization is already making me shudder.

I hope it gets done through a well known company with a lot of bank behind them. They have to have an enormous budget, that is where Dragon ball bit it hard.

The best way to do it right is to do a Sin City with Frank Miller coming in with Robert Rodriguez and use digital green screen so that there is a sense that it is just an anime in real life.

Screen plays? Let them do whatever, as long as they bring Kubo in on it. I just want to see when Ichigo saves Rukia when she is about to executed by a million zanpakutos, and Ichigo stands in the way and says "Yo". I don't say this a lot so that moment was truly epic.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.