Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bleach Bleach Movie (US Live Action)

I'm going to kick this off. Here is the news so far. What is everyone's opinion.

http://m.io9.com/5887559/johnny-depp...-night-stalker

" Bleach Wrath of the Titans writer Dan Mazeau is reportedly working on an adaptation of Tite Kobu's manga for Get Smart director Peter Segal, who is reportedly in line to produce and possibly direct. Here's a description of the manga:

"Bleach" follows the adventures of Ichigo, a teenager who can see ghosts. When his family is attacked by a Hollow — a malevolent lost soul — Ichigo inadvertently absorbs the power to hunt Hollows. He then dedicates his life to protecting the innocent and helping tortured souls find peace.

[Variety]

Here's a link providing a more detailed info: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118050608?refCatId=13

It will probably suck, but who knows ?

The only live film based on a manga, that was well made and I can think of, is Devilman.

Their gone fuck up Bleach! This is just the same as with Eragon(you know to dragon rider) awesome books, one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Seriously, now everyone will think of this whenever I say that I watch bleach and then I will have to explain that it's not that crappy shit, it's and awesome manga with an awesome anime not the crappy movie. I don't like it, as you might already have figured out.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

This maybe why Viz is cracking down on manga scanlators. It believes that everyone will be ''into'' manga. You know how people start reading the book before the movie to compare and contrast. Opportunists.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Here's a link providing a more detailed info: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118050608?refCatId=13

It will probably suck, but who knows ?

The only live film based on a manga, that was well made and I can think of, is Devilman.
    So the Death Note film doesn't count?

Edit: oh wait, didn't see that you said well made XD
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post

But even so I consider death note as one of the well made ones except this time I can't see how the director is going to pull this off. A kick ass bleach movie in a couple of hours lol....well good luck with that. I will just refrain from telling people I read bleach so I won't have to explain how different the manga is from the movie (It damn sure will suck).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

it might be ok, but one thing if for sure. they are going to say there names all wrong
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post

I actually first watched the 3 life movies before the anime and I must say, I prefer the movie story wise, because in the anime, the final moments of L were extremely stupid for a genius he was, on the other hand in the movie you can see L shine more, especially when the 3rd one is mainly about him and other letter guys. I liked all of them, but I still believe that what they did with Devilman was even more impressive.

I remember hearing about this awhile ago and I think the idea was dropped. In any case this is going to suck hard Bleach is barely believable as manga/anime a live action show will be pure crap guaranteed.

Naruto would be an easier translation to live action than Bleach but without someone like Stephan Spielberg at the helm would fail.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Get ready for the tragedy. There's not one fiercely-followed property that Hollywood is not willing to completely and utterly bastardize.

Bleach, The Movie!
    starring:
    Justin Beiber as Ichigo Kurosaki!
    Kristin Stewart as Inoue Orihime!
    Michael Clark Duncan as Chad!
    Michael Cera as Ishida Uryuu!
    And More!

Oh, imagine the possibilities! The horror!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.