Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is the purpose of one rinnegan and one sharingan?

thoughts?

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    access to superior genjutsu capability, just to mention a single reason out of many.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post
    access to superior genjutsu capability, just to mention a single reason out of many.
    LOLWUT? Where did u get that from? The papa eye IZ the one with the superior genjutsu, the Mugen Tsukuyomi.

The reason I think has more to do with Tobi's identity and the process of transplants, it would be more pertinent if he were to be revealed to not be an uchiha. There's still doubts on whether he was the second Rikudou or that would be the real Madara, since he was speaking of himself as Madara.

If he's Izuna, and only became the 4th Rikudou after gaining eyes from Nagato, it's possible he still hasn't learned/unlocked all the abilities of the doujutsu.

Unlike Madara or Nagato who had rinnegan awakenings, Tobi's rinnegan is transplanted, he's a transplanted Rikudou not an awakened one.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

honestly, i dont really think there is a purpose to the one rinnegan and one sharingan eye of tobi except to read the tablets left behind by the elder son. Ofc tobi could simply prefer it this way or he needs the sharingan as it is linked to his power(teleporting thing and intangability etc.) and he cant exist without it) and the rinnegan for to control the paths of tobi.

Tobi's Right eye has the indispensable property of transporting him anywhere he wants to go, and it probably allows him to perform his "Can't touch this defense". I think that he keeps it for that, and that reason alone.

I believe the Rinnegans are The Original Madara's eyes, but powerful as they are, they can't teleport Tobi, or make him intangible, so Tobi does the logical thing and keeps both types of eyes.

Of Interesting Note:

Since The Rinnegans are (IMO) Madara's originals, then that leave open the possibility for Obito fans, that The Right Eye that Tobi uses might be You Know Who's. (I am NOT saying that Tobi is Him, only that the eye might be, based on its similarity to Kakashi's eye, THAT"S ALL I'M SAYING).

I still don't think Tobi is any real person, I think he can use Sharingans because he has Madara's Mental energy and Hashirama's cells.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

It's also possible that the Rinnegan requires more chakra to keep active, and Tobi will have the eyes active at all times due to them being transplanted. So maybe, in addition to providing his Can't Touch This defence, Tobi also prefers the Sharingan for its efficiency. He's definitely the type to only use as much power as he absolutely needs to.

I also think he's got something big planned for that second Rinnegan eye... either its transplanted somewhere else on his body (his forehead, maybe?), or else he's planning on giving it to Sasuke.

After what we've seen with Shisui's eye, the extra Rinnegan could be anywhere. Shisui's eye was stuck inside a crow, and that crow was stuck inside Naruto, and he had no idea what had happened until the eye was revealed... Naruto went through his entire ordeal with Pain/the Kyuubi/etc without ever realizing he had a Mangekyou inside of him. So Sasuke might actually have a secret Rinnegan, programmed to reveal itself at a given moment.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Are you guys serious?? It's probably the best combination you can have!

- Sharingan; anticipating movements, genjutsu and " can't touch me " jutsu. These three basic factors, was Tobi's power for manipulating everything behind the scenes, without anybody knowing.

Tobi's wharping jutsu looks like the advanced version of Kakashi's Kamui.. Ive been saying it all along. AND WE'VE seen that Madara also had Susanoo,.. remember what Tobi said: It's RARE for someone to awaken Susanoo. Meaning that he DOESNT NEED OBITO'S eye, for having that wharping jutsu.
    IT could be far more easier then we think: Tobi's wharping jutsu, was Madara's EMS. AND CALL ME CRAZY; but I STILL BELIEVE, from the moment that Kyuubi said: " YOU are " when Tobi put his genjutsu on him + Itachi's words that he's a shell of his former self, that MADARA somehow saved half of his powers / chakra, knownlegde into one of his EMS.

White- Zetzu doesn't knows SHIT: he's everytime asking Black Zetzu -> what is that or what kind of jutsu is that etc. ( remember the fight between Itachi - Sasuke ). That's understandable, because he's made of death Hashirama's cells. I think that there are three ways how black zetzu was created:

1. After saving all his mental powers, chakra into that eye.. he transplanted it into a white zetzu. The reason why it turned out BLACK, was all because of the darkness of Madara's chakra that was in that eye, that turned White into Black. That's why we see only 1 Black zetzu and THOUSANDS OF white zetzu + the white zetzu can merge with the black zetzu anytime ( because black zetzu's original body was in essention white).

2. Black zetzu WAS created by Madara himself. Black zetzu talks with Tobi, like they were the ones who did everything from day one. I don't know if you guys remember, but: when Tobi killed Konan.. we saw a little glimpse of his face. And that little part was BLACK and some of it was human skin!
    It's possible that Tobi has Madara's real body.. but like he said: Hashirama fucked my body up, so all those parts that's made of White Zetzu, were the body parts that Hashirama made unfuctional.

3. Black zetzu has his own Grass Village headband.. so maybe Black Zetzu wasn't ^^^ point 1. or 2., but he was shinobi of himself. Maybe Madara came along with him, after he left Konoha. Maybe BLACK has his own bloodline limit and he's from THE GRASS VILLAGE: every village has his own unique quality of power. Black zetzu recently said, when he was chasing Mizukage: THIS WHOLE FOREST IS MINE !!'

Normally; you would think that the reason why he could transport himself through the earth like that, was all bcause of White- Zetzu ( hashirama's cells ). BUT let us not forget; that he's also from the Grass Village. SO THE REASON WHY a white zetzu can merge with BLACK, is because BLACK himself is a creation of earth elements himself. It's possible that Black zetzu lived as long as Madara.. and they simple came on the same page of " gaining control over the shinobi world ".

I still believe it's point 1., but point 3. is also very possible.

@ RLÏN.. Tobi seems to giving Sasuke everything, but we need to know WHY. Tobi knows that Sasuke is going to backstab him, so what's the THING that keeps Tobi save from Sasuke? What did he do??

- IF sasuke also killed the original, does that mean that the whites spore on Kabuto is gone? AND WHAT does he really mean with the " Original " ? Just another clone OR the thing where we saw Hashirama?
    Besides: it's foolish of Sasuke, that he didn't searched the place. WHAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF HE DID SOMETHING with that underground place with the Gedou Mazou and Yamato.

Anyways, combination of those two eyes.. is the best thing you can do. What if TOBI has his own plans know, and it's not going to do what Edo Madara intended him TO DO. That means that he's facing two of the strongest UChiha's: Edo Madara and Sasuke --> meaning: having the sharingan in one eye and the Rinnegan in the other.
    Last edited by Aga bomBa; 02-21-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

The reason I discounted Madara's EMS, was because Tobi's Sharingan is not Madara's. Madara's Sharingans have transformed into Rinnegans, and had been given to Nagato.

It is possible that Madaras's Mental energy can cause any sharingan to express his EMS, if it was mixed with Hashirama's cells. however, the ability of Warping is rare. BUT it doesn't have to be Obito's, if you look closer at my statement. however, it is Fodder for Obito fans, is it not?

I got it... what comes to mind is a scene where Nagato and Itachi have just been revived and are both making there way to Naruto and Killer B. Itachi or Nagato states something along the lines that, between both of them and there eyes they can make/do anything. So I suppose thats the idea. He can, with both eyes, achieve anything he wants, once. I cant for the life of me remember the chapter in which he said it but I would guess that why. Ultimate plan
    Last edited by zeroLT; 02-21-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: grammer

EPIC!!!

It quite simple, He can't Warp or become intangible without the Sharingan. No need to look any further. If the rinnegans are trully Maadara's, then he should be able to switch back and forth, or use Sharingan jutsus while in Rinnegan mode, just as the real Madara (Edo) is doing.